Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Project: Fresh mobile laboratory
It is an old my idea to make a flash thumb drive with everything necessary for assembly programming, able to be used on every system.
The drive should work on every Linux or Windows machine and additionally the drive itself is bootable and contains Linux distribution providing working OS if the native OS is not possible to be used.
For now I think to include the following things:
I. system software:
1. Portable Linux distribution
2. Portable WINE library in order to run Fresh IDE and other Windows programs on Linux machines, where WINE is not installed.
3. Portable coLinux distribution in order to allow running Linux programs on Windows machines.
II. Development tools:
1. Fresh IDE
2. Console FASM for Linux and WIndows
3. Olly debugger - for the windows applications.
4. EDB debugger - for the Linux applications.
5. fossil version control system.
III. Documentation and info:
1. All Fresh IDE helps. (FASM manual, Fresh and FreshLib manuals and Linux system calls help)
So, what you think about this project?
Do you have some thoughts about the implementation details?
Joined: 16 Jun 2003
@TmX, I know Tiny Core and I planned to try if for this project, but I have some doubts about it. Additionally, as long as I want to provide really mobile platform, I will need many additional tools, like WINE (in order to develop Windows programs in Linux) and coLinux (in order to develop Linux applications in Windows), which are big by themselves, so the bootable Linux is not necessary to be so light. It is better to provide useful tools.
For now, I thought about using Porteus, which is light enough to be used on low-end machines, but still provides decent desktop (LXDE, or XFCE) in order to provide comfortable development.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum