flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > your hard disks complaint to me just now.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Azu

Azu
Borsuc wrote:
Hmm what about getting hacked?
Your local computer has a lot smaller chances to get hacked cause it isn't "in the highlight". Also, at least you'll blame yourself for not using a proper firewall then, while in others' case, you must trust them Razz

(I'm talking about backdoors, not bruteforce).
I think that in general server computers are much more secure then standard PCs..
Post 05 Apr 2009, 23:33
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Doesn't matter. The servers are usually known and accessible by everyone. Unless a hacker knows you personally, he will hardly just go out and hack a random computer. Instead, he'll do something that is big, and known, like Google's servers...

also, a "hole" in your personal PC isn't as catastrophic, for reasons outlined above. Picture it like this: your PC can turn off for an entire day and almost no one will notice. This doesn't apply to Google or any other big servers, a hole is catastrophic and almost certainly exploited if it is "leaked" into the public information.

Post 06 Apr 2009, 16:29
Azu

Azu
Borsuc wrote:
Doesn't matter. The servers are usually known and accessible by everyone. Unless a hacker knows you personally, he will hardly just go out and hack a random computer. Instead, he'll do something that is big, and known, like Google's servers...

also, a "hole" in your personal PC isn't as catastrophic, for reasons outlined above. Picture it like this: your PC can turn off for an entire day and almost no one will notice. This doesn't apply to Google or any other big servers, a hole is catastrophic and almost certainly exploited if it is "leaked" into the public information.
If you're data isn't important then it doesn't matter if someone finds a way to download an encrypted copy of it.
Post 06 Apr 2009, 17:00
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rCX

rCX
There was a time when people hid their life savings at home. But as banks became more secure people began to trust them. Today that the US government insures all accounts up to $250,000 to protect its citizens from disasters. Other countries have similar policies.

To each his own... I'll only save my data online only when the government insures my data (up to 250GB Wink) as well.
Post 07 Apr 2009, 00:52
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
But in Argentina I suggest you NOT trust in banks Smile
Post 07 Apr 2009, 01:37
Azu

Azu
rCX wrote:
There was a time when people hid their life savings at home. But as banks became more secure people began to trust them. Today that the US government insures all accounts up to $250,000 to protect its citizens from disasters. Other countries have similar policies.

To each his own... I'll only save my data online only when the government insures my data (up to 250GB Wink) as well.
Okay.. that's still totally off topic, though.

The question is "why do we want to save so much stuff" not "where should we save our stuff".. Razz
Post 07 Apr 2009, 03:48

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: