flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Total Google searches:

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
http://www.google.com/history/

17237 Shocked

...and that's just since my GMail/iGoogle account begain 2006Jun10!
Usage was much heavier about five years ago.

Post 15 Feb 2009, 23:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
Heh, doesn't work Laughing Did you expect that anybody can look into your Google account ? Maybe you want to send me your name+pwd or cookie to get this working ? Idea
Post 16 Feb 2009, 08:52
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Naw, I was thinking other's might have an iGoogle account to track their history - some of the less paranoid among us. It's nice to be able to browse my history from any computer. The link also helps explain what I'm talking about, imho.
Post 16 Feb 2009, 09:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i disable that feature when i registered for google account last time, i might call it lucky i guess Razz
Post 17 Feb 2009, 00:07
Madis731

Madis731
13670 here and cannot remember when I started. I guess I use google less - I've found myself going to wiki more often lately when I know what I'm looking for. Browsers also help me out nicely: I type 'en' and browser suggests 'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet', then I just Ctrl+Backspace the Internet and type my new query.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 15:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Google Chrome has a nice search query. I just type "wiki <search>" - like "wiki dood" and it goes right to the page. Still might go through google, though. I also have keywords setup for msdn, bbc, etc.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 16:53
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
FF also has a search engine search box on the right side at the top. I use it extensively. Comes preloaded with Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Wikipedia, Amazon, and some more.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 16:57
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
in opera,
just type below on the url address bar

g the quick brown fox
y flat assembler
w wikipedia

they will search automatically, easy Smile
Post 18 Feb 2009, 16:59
revolution

revolution
Strangely, FF doesn't have MSN in the default list of search engines.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 17:01
Azu

Azu
revolution wrote:
Hmm... and IE doesn't have Google in the default list... very strange indeed.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 18:00
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
Who uses MSN search anyways? If MSN.com would have stolen 1 second off my every search (would I not have used Google), it would have taken 3h:48m:34s longer for me to search and therefore I would be crazy right now.

Btw, I never could understand the Chrome query. Easiest to use is Google because you just type instead of the URL, but how can I get less keystrokes to get to 'Strontium' than this:
'en.', <Down_arrow>, <Ctrl+Backspace>, 'Strontium', <Enter> ?
Post 19 Feb 2009, 09:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Madis731 wrote:
how can I get less keystrokes to get to 'Strontium' than this: 'en.', <Down_arrow>, <Ctrl+Backspace>, 'Strontium', <Enter> ?
'w',<tab>,'Strontium', <Enter>
Very Happy

Chrome also auto-adds search engines for sites you frequent.

Post 19 Feb 2009, 16:22
Madis731

Madis731
Well, that was my question (or actually I didn't ask...). How unfrequent I am, because it doesn't want to add wiki to the list :S

Any way to force it?
Post 19 Feb 2009, 22:08
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Right-click on the address bar and "Edit search engines..."

Any URL with a variable string can be added.
Post 20 Feb 2009, 02:53
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
revolution wrote:
Yes they do. In the drop down, just click "manager search"->Get More Search Engines. It's called Live Search now but there's a MSDN search in there, too.

No one uses Live Search. Actually, it makes up about 6-8% of search but it's been declining for the past year.
Post 20 Feb 2009, 05:23
revolution

revolution
drhowarddrfine wrote:
revolution wrote:
Yes they do. In the drop down, just click "manager search"->Get More Search Engines. It's called Live Search now but there's a MSDN search in there, too.
Okay, but I don't think that can be considered "default".

There are 46 other options also. Some obscure search engines there!
drhowarddrfine wrote:
No one uses Live Search. Actually, it makes up about 6-8% of search but it's been declining for the past year.
Search engine stats change regularly and rapidly, the figures don't mean much to me.
Post 20 Feb 2009, 05:49
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
revolution wrote:
Search engine stats change regularly and rapidly, the figures don't mean much to me.
Then go by the relative amounts. All the services that report this stuff show Google has most of it while Microsoft's search has practically nothing and Yahoo has a little more than MS.

You have to follow something by somebody somewhere but when all of them say the same thing then you have to believe it's in the ballpark.
Post 20 Feb 2009, 11:16
Madis731

Madis731
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%s is the magic string Wink thanks!
I'm using w shortcut right now in Chrome. Does anyone understand all the formatting done to Google's own search? Its really a big mystery to me.
{google:baseURL}search?{google:RLZ}{google:acceptedSuggestion}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}sourceid=chrome&ie={inputEncoding}&q=%s
Post 20 Feb 2009, 13:25
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
This is a very interesting statistics.

Oh those Czechs... I quess 2006 was some special year there

Laughing Wink
Post 20 Feb 2009, 15:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
vid: I'm curious to know why you would be searching for statistics like that. Are you planning a trip to Prague? Wink
Post 20 Feb 2009, 15:36

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: