flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Seeking Laptop Model that Supports Both UEFI & VT-x

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
I've been looking for a laptop that supports both UEFI boot and VT-x (Intel Virtualization). I suspect the Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and T500 supports these technologies, but I haven't been able to get anyone at Lenovo to confirm this for me; not their technical staff nor on their message boards.
I know HP is coming out with a model that supports UEFI and VT-x, but it's not out yet.
If anyone here knows of a laptop that supports both UEFI boot and VT-x, I'd appreciate that information.
Thanks,

Hypervista
Post 15 Jan 2009, 14:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
I find it strange that it's hard to get such information. I'd expect to have such information provided in datasheets. Is UEFI really a completely unimportant property in their opinion?
Post 19 Jan 2009, 15:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
I think it's more a matter of UEFI being so new in terms of implementation. Systems that support UEFI are just now coming available on platforms other than server systems. There aren't a lot of utilities built on UEFI yet to make it something computer manufacturers feel warrants attention. I know HP is coming out with a laptop model that supports both, but I'm not sure when it's going to be available.
I'm fairly certain Lenovo T400 and/or T500 supports both, but I can't get anyone at Lenovo to confirm this for me. I sent one of my guys to Las Vegas last week for the CES conference and asked him to stop by the Lenovo booth to ask the question directly ..... Lenovo had some marketing events (luncheon, cocktail hour, etc.), but he couldn't find the technical guys to answer my question .....
Post 19 Jan 2009, 17:02
Borsuc

Borsuc
It's not written on the specs? Typical...
Post 19 Jan 2009, 21:43
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
well, you can dig out UEFI support in specs, but for that you usually need to look at BIOS manufacturer specs, which you can often find only in MB specs... that obviously makes search bit harder.
Post 19 Jan 2009, 23:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: