flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > perfection from ur philosophy pov.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
this converstation is taken from the latest bleach anime, series 200.

Quote:

There is no such thing as perfect in this world.
That may sound cliche,
but it's the truth.
The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it.
But, what's the point of achieving perfection?
There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing.
I loathe perfection!
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left.
There is no room for imagination.
No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities.
Do you know what that means?
For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair.
It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection.
A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy.
Post 26 Dec 2008, 05:48
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I think it depends upon your definition of perfection.

If, to someone, perfection means precisely the situation of having enough things left to the imagination and enough things still left for a continuous learning path then that person can feel they are in a state of perfection.

Hmm, why do I suddenly thing of Kurt Gödel while writing this? Hmm.
Post 26 Dec 2008, 05:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
If perfect is defined then obtaining it leaves one empty and elated at the same time -- this is ignorant because perfection is a moving target. Knowing that perfection is a moving target (possibly out of reach) does not mean it should not be tried for, or the pursuit is less valuable.

Ask yourself what you would do if everything were known to humanity? If the acceleration of technology pushes all ideas of perfection outside human ability would we all suddenly stop playing?
Post 26 Dec 2008, 07:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Perfect = in a state where you achieved everything 100% and thus nothing less perfect should deserve your attention. So yeah, you are basically "stuck".

It's like making a perfect sphere -- once you make it, you won't need to make/design anything REGARDING making a more perfect sphere anymore...
Post 26 Dec 2008, 14:50
revolution

revolution
How can it be perfect if it suddenly ceases to be perfect once you achieve it?

I think this is appropriate
Post 26 Dec 2008, 15:03
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
How can it be perfect if it suddenly ceases to be perfect once you achieve it?
I never said it ceases. I said that there's nothing left to "improve" (you can't improve a perfect sphere to make it more 'perfect' or spherical). So if all your life depended on that, you'll be stuck and bored.

Post 26 Dec 2008, 15:08
revolution

revolution
Borsuc: Sorry, my reply was not to your post, it was meant to respond to the original first post.
Post 26 Dec 2008, 15:13
Borsuc

Borsuc
Maybe after you reach perfection in a given area (and let's say you are dependent ONLY on that area), then you switch to more "Abstract Art" forms which are non-perfect just so you don't get bored? Smile
Post 26 Dec 2008, 15:23
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:
It's like making a perfect sphere

i kinda like this sentence, it somehow logically prove that perfection could exists. eg. perfect circle, perfect rectangular.

then not everyone need perfection of everything.
if the car is not perfect, somehow it breaks, need to pump in petrol, but somehow these imperfects events contributes to make the life perfect (in a sense human could experience the feeling of putting oil into car, changing the tyres and so on).

btw, the comic is kinda logic and depict the illogic inside the perfection system. like if da perfection system doesn't contain illogic, it doesn't sounds like the system is perfect.... (so, twisted again here).

eg. is a perfect software without any bug perfects? it is not, coz it couldn't creates bugs. like those eg. God couldn't create a wall that he couldn't jump.

somehow i felt, realization towards this kinda thing is important to make our life ----> enjoyable.

maybe we can try and strive hard to achieve perfection, but at da same time we must understand that perfection comes with imperfection.
Post 26 Dec 2008, 15:45

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: