flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > linux - an energy, time and electric waster?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
considering the time you use to compile the kernel, remember the linux from scratch... Laughing

considering the keystrokes you pressed on your keyboard in order to make it boot and installed into your buddy/own pc.

considering the time you ask uncle google, why linux dumps such errors and /dev/fuckedup doesn't work as intended.

maybe never crossed in linus' mind that he created such a monster...... Shocked
Post 24 Nov 2008, 21:52
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
considering all FASM-written kernels are quite primitive compared to anything real... writing a hobbyOS is a good experience, but *nothing* more. is there anything more to say?
Post 24 Nov 2008, 23:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
sleepsleep. You've never even seen a Linux install so where did you get all that clueless information? None of which is true.
Post 25 Nov 2008, 00:58
f0dder

f0dder
drhowarddrfine wrote:
sleepsleep. You've never even seen a Linux install so where did you get all that clueless information? None of which is true.
Ask uncle google is relevant enough though... unless you're only doing very basic stuff.

Post 25 Nov 2008, 01:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I think the third frame here is appropriate to the discussion:
Post 25 Nov 2008, 01:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

actually, what i stated is truth and true.
been spending time with linux, not to say regret, but at least i get something out of it....

consider all the electricity (*used) during each and every linux users during make,....

linux is actually fast to install (faster than vista in some cases), but usually not all devices would function. installation aftermath would cost more hours, electricity and so on...
Post 25 Nov 2008, 01:38
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
sleepsleep wrote:
actually, what i stated is truth and true.
...considering the time you use to compile the kernel, remember the linux from scratch... Laughing
I can perfectly understand why one would do that but most people don't have to or want to. You don't compile Windows every time, do you?
Quote:

considering the keystrokes you pressed on your keyboard in order to make it boot and installed into your buddy/own pc.
The only keystrokes I use are to enter my name and password. Just like windows.
Quote:

considering the time you ask uncle google, why linux dumps such errors and /dev/fuckedup doesn't work as intended.
Never had to do that so can't answer the question, but I can ask, what the fsck did you do to your install?
Post 25 Nov 2008, 03:49

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: