flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Problem with posting

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
When I try to reply on http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=5887 I get this:
Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /post.php on this server.

This is what I've tried to post
Quote:
The link I posted has a version that works OK, the "CAS" for us is "lock cmpxchg8b/16b" and it is used to avoid the ABA problem (a pointer plus a counter gets updated in a single atomic step). The important feature also is that there is no spinlocking, no thread awaits another (like r22's QueueAdd if I'm looking right).
Post 05 Oct 2008, 18:35
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I reduced your post to a single word "update" and I also get the same problem. I cheated it by breaking up the word "updated". Have a look at it to see how.
Post 05 Oct 2008, 22:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Now it works but since you posted I deleted my post Razz (In case it is not obvious I've tried several times before making this thread, I even re-tried after making my silly post in the Test Area).
Post 06 Oct 2008, 00:18
revolution

revolution
It is strange that a single word "update" anywhere in the post triggered the error! But now that my post has been added I can safely post the word "update" in a new post without any problem!!
Post 06 Oct 2008, 00:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
When you had a successful post, have you tried deleting it and re-posting "update"? Just to discard the possibility that the forum got tired of you and accepted your post just to make you stop Razz
Post 06 Oct 2008, 00:33
revolution

revolution
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
When you had a successful post, have you tried deleting it and re-posting "update"? Just to discard the possibility that the forum got tired of you and accepted your post just to make you stop Razz
Yes. That is how I found the word "update" was the trigger. I first exactly duplicated your post and it errored. So I just kept halving the post until I had isolated the problem. So during all that testing some posts were successful and I deleted it and continued the testing.

Since you're a mod you can try it yourself. Just delete my post there and do your own testing. Just put the single word "update" and you should see the error.
Post 06 Oct 2008, 00:47
revolution

revolution
Huh, I just cheated it again. By editing my post there, and removing the redundant underline tags, I can now post the word "update" as a native word.

There sure are some weird bugs in the forum software.
Post 06 Oct 2008, 01:01

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: