flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Ignore this post please, I figured it out

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
windwakr

windwakr
IGNORE, I FIGURED IT OUT.

Post 01 Oct 2008, 01:26
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Figured what? Wink
Post 01 Oct 2008, 01:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
It is a pity you couldn't also figure out where the "delete this post" button is because now you have left conundrum for us to ponder.
Post 01 Oct 2008, 04:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
And only a modarator can delete a thread after it was responded by someone else. Idea
Post 01 Oct 2008, 09:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
not only modArator.

if i erase my post, and then, vid , and then, revolution, vid again, it is possible for windwakr to delete this thread without the help of moderator capabilities. even if vid is a mod.

Wink
Post 01 Oct 2008, 10:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
even if vid is a mod.

Exactly, that is the catch, you need moderator (eg. me) to delete it Razz
Post 01 Oct 2008, 10:56
revolution

revolution
If the thread has only one post the original poster can delete it. At least I assume so because any time I start a thread I see the delete button until someone replies. [edit]I just tested it now. As a non-moderator-type-user here, I can delete a topic if I have started it and no one has replied.[/edit]

It is now vid we can blame Twisted Evil because his reply has stopped windwakr from being able to delete it.
Post 01 Oct 2008, 11:39
tom tobias

tom tobias
revolution wrote:
...As a non-moderator-type-user here,...
Hmm. Sounds like not a bad idea: revolution for moderator!
revolution wrote:

It is now vid we can blame ...
Au contraire, it is vid, exactly, to whom we must acknowledge CREDIT, for keeping this urbane and provocative thread alive.
One has only to examine its intrinsic merits: breadth of scope, limitless potential, rhythmic nuance, and one observes immediately, that this thread ranks among the most profound on the forum, THANK YOU, vid!

Razz
Post 01 Oct 2008, 13:14
revolution

revolution
tom tobias wrote:
Hmm. Sounds like not a bad idea: revolution for moderator!
Hehe, is tom tobias really willing to risk having his posts deleted/edited/censored/altered/enhanced/reduced/changed by me? Twisted EvilTwisted Evil That sounds like be fun! I wanna be a mod Crying or Very sad
tom tobias wrote:
revolution wrote:

It is now vid we can blame ...
Au contraire, it is vid, exactly, to whom we must acknowledge CREDIT, for keeping this urbane and provocative thread alive.
One has only to examine its intrinsic merits: breadth of scope, limitless potential, rhythmic nuance, and one observes immediately, that this thread ranks among the most profound on the forum, THANK YOU, vid!
Well lets hope that at the very least some people have learned that there is a delete button they can use. Certainly some posters should be encouraged to use it more Wink Present company excepted, of course.
tom tobias wrote:
Razz
Razz
Post 01 Oct 2008, 13:34
sinsi

sinsi
tom tobias wrote:

Purple!
Post 01 Oct 2008, 13:46
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
since it was clear that windwakr didn't know about delete button, i found this a funny way to tell him. You know, posting "You could have hit the X button before I posted this" would be little self-contradicting Laughing
Post 01 Oct 2008, 14:10
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Thank you, I have figured it out as well. Maybe, I can come back next year when I am having trouble with this and figure it out again. Let me add some key words to make it easier to find:

keywords: no problem has I retracted mystery delete post

Post 01 Oct 2008, 16:00
windwakr

windwakr
I didn't know there was a delete button, I'll use it if this happens again.
Thanks

Post 01 Oct 2008, 17:15
revolution

revolution
Hey, that's not fair! You can't simply get away that easily. Now you have to tell us what this thread was initially meant to be about. We've already expended a considerable amount of bandwidth and energy so we need some return for that effort. Quid pro quo.
Post 02 Oct 2008, 05:15
windwakr

windwakr
Well, I'm a newbie to windows programming(I've only ever done dos) and I was trying to make a menu, but couldn't figure out what the number in LoadMenu was for. I looked everywhere but couldn't find it. So I made this thread, but less than 5 minutes later I figured it out. It's a number you choose in your resource section for your menu.

Post 02 Oct 2008, 20:49
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Cool... Now, unless anyone objects (with good argument), I quess we can move this topic to Graveyard of Topics...
Post 02 Oct 2008, 21:24
DOS386

DOS386
> IGNORE, I FIGURED IT OUT.

A new candidate for our 10'000 answers thread Very Happy
Post 04 Oct 2008, 05:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: