flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Helping malware writer discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
asmcoder: Why do you persist in asking your malware writing questions here? This board does not support such things. You will have to do some work on your own and figure it out for yourself. Allow me to start you off by pointing you to my website.
Post 04 Sep 2008, 22:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Last edited by asmcoder on 14 Aug 2009, 14:56; edited 1 time in total
Post 05 Sep 2008, 00:15
revolution

revolution
Malware is malware no matter how you try to spin it. It makes one's computer do things that the owner does not approve of. Things like sending spam emails, unwanted ad pop-ups, key-logging, participating in DDoS, etc. Regardless of whether malware steals my personal data or not is not the point.

As for your particular motives of course I do not know, but suffice it to say that anyone writing malware is not going the right way to make me want to help them.
Post 05 Sep 2008, 00:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
MichaelH wrote:
revolution, can you stop with the malware accusations and let asmcoder learn what he wishes. It may come back to bite us but one day he might share something we all want with his endeavours.
Haha, help a malware author to write obnoxious code? Never, the cost is too high and the benefit is zero.

Don't be fooled by the unknown potential for some future knowledge outweighing the short-term risk. Would you support the torturing of prisoners for just the possibility of a side benefit of increased medical knowledge?
Post 08 Sep 2008, 00:33
MichaelH

MichaelH
revolution wrote:

Haha, help a malware author to write obnoxious code? Never, the cost is too high and the benefit is zero.

Better tell microsoft to stop letting people download winddk then. Actually, come to think of it, better put all people who have kernel mode development skills in Guantánamo Bay, clearly they are war criminals.

revolution wrote:

Don't be fooled by the unknown potential for some future knowledge outweighing the short-term risk.

You sound like an american, bomb everyone before they .... well actually more truthful, just bomb everyone Sad

revolution wrote:

Would you support the torturing of prisoners for just the possibility of a side benefit of increased medical knowledge?

Depends, if the torturee was an American, sure, a bit of pay back for Guantánamo Bay is in order!
Post 08 Sep 2008, 02:54
revolution

revolution
MichaelH: My assessment of malware coding is not based upon this thread alone. asmcoder has shown a number of times, in other threads, the real intention of the code that (s)he writes. This thread is just another in a series that adds to that. Have a look at the posting history of asmcoder and I think you will also come to the conclusion that many others here also have come to.

If I thought there were a genuine (good) reason for asmcoder's efforts then I would be the first to help, but in this case I feel sure that any help given to asmcoder will be to the overall detriment of society. I feel the best solution is not to offer help. The more effort asmcoder requires to complete the malware then the better.
Post 08 Sep 2008, 06:30
MichaelH

MichaelH
revolution, I read most threads and are aware of your difference with asmcoder.

revolution wrote:

but in this case I feel sure that any help given to asmcoder will be to the overall detriment of society

Wow, asmcoder must be an amazing coder ..... overall detriment of society you say Smile

revolution wrote:

The more effort asmcoder requires to complete the malware then the better.

The less effort asmcoder requires to complete a High performance kernel mode web server written in fasm, the less we have to put up with php, .net and all the other nonsense web server side scripting languages. You see only the cons, I see plenty of pro's.
Post 08 Sep 2008, 09:56
revolution

revolution
There is no need of a kernal mode web server. It has nothing to do with php or .net etc. This is a ruse to make people think there is some sort of legitimate purpose. Don't be fooled. The only reason for any kernel mode drivers is to take complete control of system hardware. There is the no necessity for a simple web server to need complete control of the network card (or any other device).
Post 08 Sep 2008, 10:01
MichaelH

MichaelH
Indeed malware\viruses are a concern. I have a real awful virus on my computer at the moment. Whenever I go to board.flatassembler.net this virus redirects me to board.the_world_as_revolution_sees_it.net. Can you advise me how I can remove it from my computer Wink

Kernel mode development makes up most of the x86 assembler development jobs available. Hence, I'd like to see more posts on this topic.
Post 08 Sep 2008, 21:29
f0dder

f0dder
Kernel mode development is fine, but I'd rather like to see something useful rather than a malware kiddie getting help doing nefarious deeds.
Post 08 Sep 2008, 21:59
revolution

revolution
MichaelH wrote:
Indeed malware\viruses are a concern. I have a real awful virus on my computer at the moment. Whenever I go to board.flatassembler.net this virus redirects me to board.the_world_as_revolution_sees_it.net.
Wow, sounds like a great website Wink You should keep that one in your bookmarks.
MichaelH wrote:
Can you advise me how I can remove it from my computer Wink
Sure, just go to the help section of your brain and un-tick the checkbox whenever malware writers ask for help.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 01:03
revolution

revolution
MichaelH wrote:
Kernel mode development makes up most of the x86 assembler development jobs available. Hence, I'd like to see more posts on this topic.
Do you have a source for that? I'm not saying your wrong, but I've been looking for stats on this sort of job breakdown and haven't found any. Perhaps I just can't use Google well enough.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 01:07
MichaelH

MichaelH
revolution wrote:
MichaelH wrote:
Indeed malware\viruses are a concern. I have a real awful virus on my computer at the moment. Whenever I go to board.flatassembler.net this virus redirects me to board.the_world_as_revolution_sees_it.net.

Wow, sounds like a great website Wink You should keep that one in your bookmarks.

It's not bad, I really enjoyed the article about hot air ballooning. The author seems to be an expert on the subject ...... shame he knew nothing about ballooning though Smile

revolution wrote:

Do you have a source for that? I'm not saying your wrong, but I've been looking for stats on this sort of job breakdown and haven't found any.

Well this virus seems to only want me to do what it wants but how about I go to a local job search - key word DDK -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jobs/IT-Jobs/Programming-development/auction-175669296.htm?key=629422

Lets see what this job requires -

Quote:

- Demonstrable skills in software development in a Windows environment using C

Not assembler Sad

Quote:

- Experience using DDK and WDM in windows development
- A sound grasp of the interaction of hardware and software
- Understanding of accessing devices through configuration and register spaces and knowledge of systems level programming.

Imagine if I could have learnt this stuff at the fasm forum but alas ..... Sad
Post 09 Sep 2008, 08:11
f0dder

f0dder
[quote="MichaelH"][quote="revolution"]
MichaelH wrote:
Quote:

- Experience using DDK and WDM in windows development
- A sound grasp of the interaction of hardware and software
- Understanding of accessing devices through configuration and register spaces and knowledge of systems level programming.

Imagine if I could have learnt this stuff at the fasm forum but alas .....Sad
Nobody wants to keep information like that away from the board - but that kind of information is not what malware kiddies like asmcoder is asking for. Please try a better comeback.

Post 09 Sep 2008, 11:50
revolution

revolution
Post 09 Sep 2008, 12:02
Frank

Frank
Folks, this is a technical message board about programming computers with flat assembler, and here is the "Windows" subforum ("Everything about Win32/Win64 programming with fasm should go here"). Post #1 of the original thread before it was split clearly belongs here, post #2 clearly does not. Please try to use the "Heap" subforum for moral / ethical / religious debates, in particular if mind-reading and name-calling are involved. Or use personal mail. Thank you.

Edit: small insertion to make clear that the numbers are no longer valid

Last edited by Frank on 10 Sep 2008, 00:04; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Sep 2008, 14:28
f0dder

f0dder
Frank: there is no mind-reading involved, check out his posts and you'll see. Perhaps you want to see the FASM forum turned into a scriptkiddie haven, but a lot of other people don't.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 14:33
Frank

Frank
f0dder wrote:
Perhaps you want to see ...

... and perhaps I don't. Whatever the correct answer, it is nothing to be discussed in the "Windows" forum. Just as asmcoder's likely goals and motivations aren't a topic for this forum. Or anyone else's.

f0dder wrote:
there is no mind-reading involved, check out his posts and you'll see.

No, sorry, I don't see it. Sure, I can read world-domination plans into these posts, but that projection requires a lot of paranoia before it works.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 15:23
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I may split this thread later, all participants agree with this?
Post 09 Sep 2008, 17:59
MichaelH

MichaelH
Thanks Loco, that would be appreciated.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 23:05

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: