flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Law of Attraction? anyone?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_attraction

thoughts use energy or thoughts is energy /wave itself.

i am big magnet Smile feel so good now.!
Post 29 Aug 2008, 22:43
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitation

We are all attractors of everything, whether we like it or not.
Post 30 Aug 2008, 03:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
thoughts use energy or thoughts is energy /wave itself.

Unless you go for "everything is energy" (in which case saying "x is energy" is meaningless tautology), then thoughts are not JUST energy. Thoughts are result of complicated set of electricochemical processes. Yes, these involve energy, like everything.

But saying "thoughts is energy" sounds like another try to conflate old eastern superstitions with science.
Post 30 Aug 2008, 08:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
do you know the fundamental interactions and the gravitational waves?
apparenttly, only the dimensions of the same "force" determinates how it acts in real world.
it is strange, but logical.
Post 30 Aug 2008, 09:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i used to think "thoughts" as energy,
eg. our brain structures act like wires, thoughts moves. (like energy)

what create thoughts, i don't know. coz we cannot think before we think.
Post 31 Aug 2008, 04:49
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
sleepsleep: that representation of thoughts is very simplified. I think Tom could comment best about how neurons pass signals to each other.
Post 31 Aug 2008, 06:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep wrote:
...our brain structures act like wires, thoughts moves. (like energy)
Not completely in error. Rather good metaphor. Slight modification to your analogy may provide some clarification.
The brain is a bit like Europe, lots of little kingdoms, each with their own languages, own regulations, own taxes, own currency. In the case of the brain, one has centers which are specialized for vision, for hearing, for sense of smell, taste, touch, and for initiation of voluntary movement. One also has centers devoted to thinking, automatic control of things like breathing, and endocrine/hormonal regualation. While there is some "plasticity", i.e. flexibility, in each of these different loci, damage to a particular area generally results in PERMANENT loss of function controlled by that region of the brain. The signalling used by the different centers, for example, the vision center sending a signal to the movement center, to avoid getting struck by an oncoming vehicle on a busy street in the city, is generally synaptic, mediated by chemicals, often Acetylcholine, (but not exclusively), which are released at the terminal end of a particular neuron, and which cause depolarization, hence, excitation of the adjacent neuron. This process is therefore, NOT similar to the relay of signals along wires, which transfer from one junction to another, very efficiently, i.e. without particular delay. These synaptic connections in the brain require a relatively long time to complete: 0.5-2 milliseconds. In the example above, the visual cortex output neuron in layer V of neocortex from the occipital lobe would have a monosynaptic connection with a pyramidal cell of the motor cortex, physically about 12 cm anterior to the occipital lobe, then, the axon from the motor cortex would travel the length of the person, down the spinal cord, to the alpha motoneuron in the lumbar region, which would, after another synaptic delay, send a signal to the muscles involved in running/jumping to escape the oncoming vehicle (quadriceps, gluteus, psoas, and so on...) Each muscle cell has different neurons innervating it, so in fact, there would be a barrage of signals arriving at the same general area of the lumbar spinal cord, inducing contraction in several muscles concurrently, to escape the oncoming vehicle. As far as energy is concerned, the initial response would require no new energy source, the initial muscle contraction would rely upon previously stored ATP.
Smile
Post 31 Aug 2008, 19:05
Pinecone_

Pinecone_
[sarcasm]I understood every word of that.[/sarcasm]

[off-topic]Seriously, judging by most of the posts I've read from you tom, you know way too much about everything, its freaky.[/off-topic]

Sorry for the kinda spammy message Razz
Post 21 Sep 2008, 14:11
Borsuc

Borsuc
Pinecone_ wrote:
[off-topic]Seriously, judging by most of the posts I've read from you tom, you know way too much about everything, its freaky.[/off-topic]
I noticed he knows some stuff from biology, but ironically not so good at computers (at which this forum is aimed at).

The Secret Vid Wink
Post 21 Sep 2008, 15:31

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: