flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > IT university degree important?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I found the damn bastards*: http://www.cpciba.org.ar/index.php?seccion_generica_id=2 (There it is a copy of the law)

From what I've read I can be fined by between 10 (ten) and 500 (five hundred) times the value of the registration fee if I practice the profession without matriculation. Also it is possible to get matriculated without a degree by proving I'm suitable for the profession but it is up to the members of the CS association grant me the license or not.

But, revolution, you seem to be right, the employer can employ me because, according to the law, "professional practice" is when I advertise MY OWN SERVICES (freelance). I'm unsure about some things yet though, I'll try to contact the professor who initially told me this four years ago to find out what is the real scope of this law.

Thanks to all for your answers, much appreciated.

*If by coincidence you are a member of the association and turns out that you are one of the three teachers of my faculty please don't get mad at me Smile
Post 31 Aug 2008, 23:50
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
If by coincidence you are a member of the association and turns out that you are one of the three teachers of my faculty please don't get mad at me Smile
Actually, I am one of the three teachers! Can you guess which one? You better be worried, very worried, 'cause now I am mad Mad

hehe, what are the chances any of your teachers are reading this board? Pretty slim I would think. Plus, how would they know who LocoDelAssembly was? Besides, even if all your worst fears are true, then it is best that they are aware that people are being misled/confused by their information.
Post 01 Sep 2008, 01:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

hehe, what are the chances any of your teachers are reading this board?

Almost zero, but I think it is always good to put a disclaimer Razz

BTW, by talking to much about this I think it looks like I asked a question that I replied myself making this thread look stupid. If someone see it this way let me tell you that I was asking in more general terms, not how convenient getting a degree is for my particular province that in the worst case all I have to do is to get a job in the capital city (less than 50 KM from my house), where there are much more non-governmental job opportunities than in La Plata (capital of the province and city where I live).
Post 01 Sep 2008, 02:32
edfed

edfed
at least, you can show your hability to your teachers, and then, ask for a fast cursus.
then, it can be possible to obtain the so NEEDED degree iin one year or less.( it is possible in france.)

don't lie to ourselves, without a very good licence, no very good job >> paycheck.
experience for sure is very important but, the system assumes the experience comes with studes...

Last edited by edfed on 04 Sep 2008, 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Post 01 Sep 2008, 23:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
abuashraf

abuashraf
@LocoDelAssembly:go for it don't give up
so after two years you'll have a university degree beside your great experience,so I think it's worthy...
Post 02 Sep 2008, 05:54
Picnic

Picnic
Go for it LocoDelAssembly you won't regret it, that's my opinion.
I never had a chance nor the knowledge to get a degree.
Post 04 Sep 2008, 17:01
MichaelH

MichaelH
Zero wrote:

if you can somehow manage it is to come to the United States. It's not a perfect country, but I think it's still the best one in the world.

Whether the average individual from the United States has obtained a degree or not, they'll still to stupid to realise what complete and utter twats!!!!! they are being when they rant their sickening "US is the best country in the world" regurgitation in a public forum frequented by people from all around the world. So basically, a degree is no indication of intelligence.

revolution wrote:

drhowarddrfine: It would seem your boss was a snob, and fortunately those type of people are a minority.

Maybe where you come from revolution, those type of people are a minority, but most places the degree "boy's club" is the only thing needed to get a job and without it, even if you come from "the best country in the world" Wink you still will struggle to be accepted into the "boy's club".

LocoDelAssembly, Straight out of high school at age 18 I had to decide whether to go get a degree or stay and work my butt off in thankless low paying jobs to support my new son. I choose to be a father and work all those stinking thankless low paying jobs, it was the correct decision. Your heart is telling you what is right/not right for you, you just need to convince your mind ..... good luck.
Post 07 Sep 2008, 22:40
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Loco: If it is only 2 more years, then go for it for sure, it will make many things easier. And even if you fail, no problem, coders can do well even without degree (but better with).
Post 08 Sep 2008, 04:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'm still attending since I'm not fully convinced about what to do yet. I need two years (counting from now) at best to get the intermediate degree, for the 5 years bachelor in CS degree I need around 3-4 years more (not counting time for doing the thesis but once I finish the intermediate degree I can start it without finishing 4th and 5th years anyway).

My fellows here also recommend me to keep going until finish the intermediate degree at least, but I'm never sure if they say me that because they are not brave enough to call me idiot-milligram-brain or if they are sincere when talking. Razz
Post 08 Sep 2008, 04:51

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: