flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > start a new religion, possible?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
The usefulness and reproducibility of systems of thought tend to give them an intrinsic value - be it science or religion. The moment any system of thought starts excluding people I have a severe problem with that - imho, it undercuts the usefulness in a fundamental way - causing it to loose all value.

Post 16 Aug 2008, 01:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
bitRAKE wrote:
...The moment any system of thought starts excluding people I have a severe problem with that ...
Good. Fair enough. So, let us, in response to sleepsleep's query regarding the value of starting a new religion, ask bitRAKE to step into the FASM time machine, and transport himself back to Italy in the 1640's, when the Inquisition has placed Galileo under arrest, and is threatening to kill him, unless he recants his observations on the moons of Jupiter. (Galileo DID recant, to save his life.) bitRAKE believes that if Galileo's ideas exclude large numbers of people, i.e. ALL the religious thinkers, (or at least the Jews, Christians, and Muslims) then, by definition, Galileo's "system of thought" represents a "severe problem" for bitRAKE, just as it did for the Catholics in Renaissance Italy. So, I can imagine bitRAKE in attendance at Galileo's trial, speaking out in favor of executing the bastard as quickly as possible, to avoid having to "exclude" anyone from the conventional "system of thought".
Personally, I disagree with bitRAKE. I have seen too much bigotry, and killing by ignorant slobs, who profess faith in one or another bit of religious nonsense. EXCLUDE, you bet. I am entirely in favor of "excluding" all religions, including sleepsleep's newest member of that infamous group.
Even the supposedly good aspects of religion, i.e. charitable works, helping widows and orphans, looking after old senile goats like me, helping to educate children, running non-profit medical centers for indigent persons, etc....EVEN those activities turn out to be, very frequently, malevolent. The red cross? The red crescent? Catholic pedophilic priests? How many times must we read about fraud, corruption and dishonesty in all these religious organizations? It is all a con game.
Post 16 Aug 2008, 03:01
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Galileo's "system of thought" didn't exclude anyone, silly. Anyone could come to the same conclusions by applying themselves. Nor was he advocating to kill anyone. tom, that bigotry and killing is the same thing I'm talking against. But it happens in "science", too.

Post 16 Aug 2008, 03:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Loser

Loser
tom tobias wrote:
looking after old senile goats like me
Are you serious? You said, in some other thread, that you play basketball DAILY and you don't need to drink a single drop of water after a one-hour walk under direct sunlight! Rolling Eyes Wink
Post 16 Aug 2008, 03:56
tom tobias

tom tobias
Goats live in desertic climates! We were probably out in the sun a bit longer than a couple hours, judging by the length of their tongues hanging out. Those guys were just exhausted from working all night long, whereas I am accustomed to chasing butterflies in the hot sun, all day long, so the heat didn't bother me.
Cool
Post 16 Aug 2008, 04:08
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
One must always make assumptions for everything. It is simply a matter of far does one go until one decides to reject certain "facts" that are presented to ones senses.

Simple devices like telescopes, although having many implicit assumptions as to how they really work, are so incredibly unlikely to "play tricks" with you that I consider it not worth the cost of throwing out potentially good data based only the the idea that anything with an assumption (no matter how small) should not be trusted. [okay, sorry, bad sentence structure there, but I hope you get my point]
Revolution, I get your point, and I never said otherwise. Of course, what you said is entirely subjective (I agree with it btw, but my opinion DOESN'T make it more objective Wink). I mean, how "likely" is it is based on common sense, not on any mathematical formula or something that is concrete.

Of course, I "trust" devices. I have no problem in that. I even trust some people. What I am saying is that using the term "beliefs are useless (for truth I mean)" is also against science, with its many postulates and all that.

Again, just because I agree does not make it more objective. I am TRYING to be as neutral as possible in this discussion.

bitRAKE wrote:
Galileo's "system of thought" didn't exclude anyone, silly. Anyone could come to the same conclusions by applying themselves. Nor was he advocating to kill anyone. tom, that bigotry and killing is the same thing I'm talking against. But it happens in "science", too.
Exactly bitrake Wink it's just human nature.
Post 16 Aug 2008, 11:21
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Nor was he advocating to kill anyone. tom, that bigotry and killing is the same thing I'm talking against. But it happens in "science", too.

When did science cause killing? It may have provided tools, but i don't know about any case where real science (not the eugenics crap) provided motive.
Post 16 Aug 2008, 12:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
When did science cause killing? It may have provided tools, but i don't know about any case where real science (not the eugenics crap) provided motive.
Competition?
Post 16 Aug 2008, 12:19
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
vid wrote:
Quote:
Nor was he advocating to kill anyone. tom, that bigotry and killing is the same thing I'm talking against. But it happens in "science", too.

Who makes the war machine? It is science that makes it possible. I've argued in the past that science is neutral, but how can it be. Sure guns don't kill people and all that - I've argued it before. Weapons are created to be used - even nuclear weapons. Passive deterance is fine until the shit hits the fan - than it's all just shit. From DaVinci to present day war just pays better + science needs money to do research = the perfect marriage.

Post 16 Aug 2008, 15:13
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
a new view of my recent understanding is...

religious man must possesses equal moral attitudes
so, we need moral first then only to religion.
Post 05 Oct 2008, 03:47
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
and that is 2008,
now after 4 years of continuing pondering, i never stop thinking.

maybe it is time for me to start a "movement" and label it as a new religion Smile

the core values of truth, humanity and justice
Post 15 Sep 2012, 13:20
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
maybe it is time for me to start a "movement" and label it as a new religion Smile
Oh no, not another one. Wink

http://xkcd.com/927/
Post 15 Sep 2012, 14:29
Masood.Sandking

Masood.Sandking
You can start something smaller but similar to religion, something beside religion, an idea, a believe...
Post 07 Oct 2012, 19:44
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
so what if i save the world,
why i want to save the world,

hanging there atm.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 05:44
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
it been a while,
but this idea still ringing inside my brain from day to day,

it seems that to switch people belief from something evil (religion) is to create another brand of religion that produce more positive.

it is not religion, but you gotta call it religion in order for people to feel, they got religion, so they are not leaving religion, but they are switching to something called religion by most people, but actually is not a religion, but a way to pursue truth,

i guess i need a new symbol, a new structure,

idea to make people curious about this.

this whole islam and ISIS stuff will doom this planet more faster.

to save some marketing job, i could probably seek some ancient old religion, and claim i am the new messiah, i guess that is more mystic, and people always love superman, supernatural,

one don't have to prove, one just need to claim it, and this is how religion works to common souls who don't want to think and research logically.
Post 06 Jul 2014, 10:25
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleep sleep wrote:
...to save some marketing job, i could probably seek some ancient old religion, and claim i am the new messiah, i guess that is more mystic, and people always love superman, supernatural,

one don't have to prove, one just need to claim it, and this is how religion works to common souls who don't want to think and research logically.

Agree!
Post 07 Jul 2014, 19:44
r22

r22
You should be prepared with a few fancy tricks to help convince a few skeptics.

I suggest you surgically implant some nickel chromium wire into the palm of your hand with the leads close to your wrist. You could then secure watch batteries to the inside of your sleeve. Touching the batteries to your wrist will cause the resistance wire to heat up; you can then demonstrate your supernatural power by laying your super heated hand onto people.
Post 08 Jul 2014, 18:14
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
I don't think i wanna do fancy tricks,
I wish to offer something more of power of now, present, that is one nice new age concept.

I am still trying to understand the idea of being witness of your emotion, the idea of aware that is a thought,

The idea to divide our own awareness with whatever emotions that is cooking right now

It is like we are driving human car right now, but we identified ourselves as car, not driver.

I could see that unless we build and train our awareness and consciousness, otherwise we will die as car, there is something spiritual here afaics.

Death without having learn the skill to be witness, to separate car and driver is a waste.
Post 08 Jul 2014, 21:04
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
So just have a religion with a membership of one; you. Why do you need followers? To justify your beliefs? If you are sure your religion is the "one true religion®©™" then just believe it without trying to convince others. If the other people are following the "wrong" teachings then let them do it and be judged (if judgement is part of your religion) accordingly by god / the gods (if god(s) is/are part of your religion).
Post 09 Jul 2014, 01:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
So just have a religion with a membership of one; you. Why do you need followers? To justify your beliefs? If you are sure your religion is the "one true religion®©™" then just believe it without trying to convince others. If the other people are following the "wrong" teachings then let them do it and be judged (if judgement is part of your religion) accordingly by god / the gods (if god(s) is/are part of your religion).

Hi revolution,
The issue here is their religions are too oppressive,

Maybe overall 90%are peaceful,
But history shows that, it was the 10% who commit evil,
90% would do nothing, in fact, insignificant.

It would be really too late to response when the fire caught our front lawn.

I am not trying to spread bs, i was thinking, maybe it is better to let everybody think, consider alternative, in stead of using blind faith.

It probably wouldn't change anything,

Since, most souls are brainwashed from baby stage,

At least, i did something correct on earth
Post 09 Jul 2014, 02:21

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: