flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > f*** the f*** (tm) ~ devine ecstasy

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Borsuc

Borsuc
tom tobias wrote:
Thank you vid, for your gentle reproach. Perhaps I expressed myself inadequately in my zeal to avoid verbosity.
And they say atheism is not a religion Rolling Eyes

tom tobias wrote:
What is truly remarkable about the past several thousand years of human history is how much TERRIBLE suffering, mutilation, torture and terror have been imposed on so many people, with entire populations waging warfare against one another over ideas about supernatural deities, instead of fighting, as they properly should be, over oil.
Not trying to state the obvious, but you can't both be "free" and "protected" at the same time. Children, for example, don't like to be "protected" by their parents, they want to be "free". Most children don't want to be treated as children. You can't have both.

Even if you were to be a 100% protective parent, not even allowing them to cross the roads themselves, and doing their homework, what would they learn?
Post 03 Aug 2008, 11:40
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
"zeal to avoid verbosity" = religion? hmm, your definition of religion is really wide...
Post 03 Aug 2008, 16:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Loser

Loser
sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:
full of bugs!
if this is a bug, why couldn't we just debug it....?
In fact, we've been trying our very best to fix these bugs. Some of them have been fixed already, but most are still out there torturing mankind. Don't you see my point? How could an almighty god have created all these bugs? If you still want to think of excuses and ignore this FACT, go ahead.

sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:
I wish sleepsleep could accept this FACT!
i wish i could, but the more i learn, see, experience bring me further away from your so called fact.
This is funny! The more I learn, see, and experience, the stronger and firmer is my belief that there is no god. Wink
Post 04 Aug 2008, 05:22
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
Loser wrote:
Yes, I do. In fact, a wise man has already proved, in this thread, that God does NOT exist. Wink
I just wrote a "poem" Wink describing this event ...
Thanks MH. I guess the smart observer likes your poem very much! Wink
Post 04 Aug 2008, 05:27
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

In fact, we've been trying our very best to fix these bugs. Some of them have been fixed already, but most are still out there torturing mankind. Don't you see my point? How could an almighty god have created all these bugs? If you still want to think of excuses and ignore this FACT, go ahead.

are the bugs created on design? or just we human produced them on our own?
Post 04 Aug 2008, 16:27
Loser

Loser
sleepsleep wrote:
are the bugs created on design? or just we human produced them on our own?
OK, let's take the human eye (or any vertebrate eye) as an example.

Think about it: how could your almighty god, with infinite intelligence, have created a blind spot in the human eye?

Able to think of any excuses? Don't bother. Just check this out. This link gives the differences between the vertebrate retina and the cephalopod (e.g. octopus) counterpart which does NOT have a blind spot.

There is no creator. Human and all living organisms are simply the fruits of evolution. Evolution does NOT necessarily produce PERFECT solutions. Instead, it tends to produce WORKABLE solutions based on existing designs which may or may not be perfect. That's why we have bugs!

Free yourself from religious entanglement. Be a freethinker. Wink
Post 05 Aug 2008, 12:38
Borsuc

Borsuc
Loser wrote:
There is no creator. Human and all living organisms are simply the fruits of evolution. Evolution does NOT necessarily produce PERFECT solutions. Instead, it tends to produce WORKABLE solutions based on existing designs which may or may not be perfect. That's why we have bugs!
I hate to point out the obvious, but who said a "god" (whatever that is, not necessarily Christian one) makes perfect stuff? On the contrary, I think he wants us to LEARN, not make us perfect robots. Because face it, if you are a programmer who wants to make some self-thinking AI, no matter what you do, the creation will be imperfect. The only way is to remove all "freedom" of thought, for example.

God doesn't babysit us. If he did, we wouldn't be FREE anymore. Wink
Post 05 Aug 2008, 21:19
Loser

Loser
The_Grey_Beast wrote:
I hate to point out the obvious, but who said a "god" (whatever that is, not necessarily Christian one) makes perfect stuff?
SIGH ... Maybe it's my poor presentation skill, or maybe it's the annoying nature of you, a beast. In my previous message, I intentionally contrasted the imperfect (in fact, stupid) design of the human (vertebrate) eye with the perfect design of the cephalopod counterpart. Didn't you see my point? OK, I guess you'll now argue that the creator intentionally did so. SIGH ... Confused

The_Grey_Beast wrote:
On the contrary, I think he wants us to LEARN, not make us perfect robots.
Learn what? The blind spot is a physical defect. Were you suggesting that we could make it disappear by learning some skills?! SIGH ... Confused

I'm done here. If you want a fight, hit vid. The two of you are meant to be together. Wink
Post 06 Aug 2008, 13:48
Borsuc

Borsuc
Loser wrote:
SIGH ... Maybe it's my poor presentation skill, or maybe it's the annoying nature of you, a beast. In my previous message, I intentionally contrasted the imperfect (in fact, stupid) design of the human (vertebrate) eye with the perfect design of the cephalopod counterpart. Didn't you see my point? OK, I guess you'll now argue that the creator intentionally did so. SIGH ... Confused
Ok i'll play your evolutionary game. Maybe God made the Big Bang and made evolution, for example. Wink

but let's face it. Even with evolution, we as humans, pretty much suck, and there's no reason. We don't have fur, poor senses, etc... sure intelligence is enough, but why give up the others? Why give up "advanced" senses that other animals have? we have almost the poorest senses of all. apart from eyes, we hear like shit (not like bats for example), we smell like shit (not for example, sharks), and we 'feel' like shit (vibrations with our bodies).

don't worry i'm not into a fight. just point out some things. if you don't want then i'm going to ignore the thread.
Post 06 Aug 2008, 14:20
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i guess you guys miss the whole thing, this is not about whether there is a God or not. that is in another thread. and i think it is not so important to discuss whether God exists or not, becuase that wouldn't solve issue and likely to generate never ending discuss.

it is about devine ecstasy. the feeling, urge that most human crazy for.
nobody care if there is a God or not, whether God created all these or imperfect the human beings.

it is the devine ecstasy that animals + human beings craze into.
now, this "urge" are put inside us, how to handle this? whether you like it or not, it is there. it is no problem if you accept and take it, what if you don't want to accept or take it and let it has control.
Post 06 Aug 2008, 14:46
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser wrote:
OK, let's take the human eye (or any vertebrate eye) as an example.

Think about it: how could your almighty god, with infinite intelligence, have created a blind spot in the human eye?

Able to think of any excuses? Don't bother. Just check this out. This link gives the differences between the vertebrate retina and the cephalopod (e.g. octopus) counterpart which does NOT have a blind spot.

This is classical, say "canonical", example which, if I remember properly, was mentioned by Richard Dawkins in "The Blind Watchmaker". Very Happy "It's better to have 1% of sight than to have not the sight at all." Wink
Post 06 Aug 2008, 18:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Loser

Loser
The_Grey_Beast wrote:
don't worry i'm not into a fight. just point out some things. if you don't want then i'm going to ignore the thread.
Don't go away. Please stay here. vid needs you. The two of you are meant to be together. I just don't want to stand between the two of you. Members like to see the two of you fight. You hit him, and he fights back. And then you penetrate him with your lethal weapon. And then ... back and forth ... And then ... uh ... oh ... devine ecstasy comes to both of you! Laughing We're now back to the topic! Wink No offense, just kidding! Razz
Post 07 Aug 2008, 04:35

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: