flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Aliens Exist!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Borsuc

Borsuc
No questioning, if you do you'll just extend until the inevitable. And yes, I am talking about "green" aliens, the classic ones Razz

Here news article.

This is all over the place so it would not be hard to Google for other sources if you don't believe the above (I'm sure if it was some NASA thing you would believe it but meh).

Yeah I am a bit sarcastic and joking above, don't take it that seriously (even though I do think the article is "real").

What do you think? Personally I don't think it'll gonna change my views that much, even if I would see a ghost. That's just me. Cool
Post 26 Jul 2008, 12:34
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
They have been kind of rude guest don't you think? To come to our home and just hang around like they do. Maybe, they will decide to get involved. If not, I'd rather they just go back to their own system. That is unless they don't have a system - I can imagine how difficult it would be to have been born in interstellar space.

Post 26 Jul 2008, 14:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
for people who got third eye opened, they could see lots of lost souls around the town..... especially evening before sky goes dark
Post 26 Jul 2008, 15:20
Borsuc

Borsuc
bitRAKE wrote:
They have been kind of rude guest don't you think? To come to our home and just hang around like they do. Maybe, they will decide to get involved. If not, I'd rather they just go back to their own system.
Don't tell me we would not analyze them if that would be (like we do to animals) Razz

Anyway I don't know if they are THAT involved Wink
Post 26 Jul 2008, 15:28
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
for people who got third eye opened, they could see lots of lost souls around the town..... especially evening before sky goes dark

And did you ever thing why some "soul" and some "third eye", both supposedly working outside of material realm, should be affected by amount of light present in material realm?

Dunno about you, but to me this sounds like limited capability of eye to percieve in dark, and extended desire of brain to to explain what it sees, even if actually percieved information is not enough. You sure know it, how brain makes up for lack of information in blind spot, or when you see something not clearly enough you falsely identify it as something, and only later when you see it closely you realize your error, etc. To me this "seeing souls" under circumstances when you perception is limited, sounds exactly like this case.
Post 26 Jul 2008, 16:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I still wonder why no one of those third-eyers, telepaths, telekinetics, levitating people, etc., didn't ever claim that 1 million dollars from James Randi. Oh yeah, I forgot, not a single one of those hundred thousands of people who can do these stuff wants money for mere demonstrating his powers under testable conditions...
Post 26 Jul 2008, 16:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
And did you ever thing why some "soul" and some "third eye", both supposedly working outside of material realm, should be affected by amount of light present in material realm?
Because brain is limited (even if third-eye exists) and fucked up? Laughing

vid wrote:
You sure know it, how brain makes up for lack of information in blind spot, or when you see something not clearly enough you falsely identify it as something, and only later when you see it closely you realize your error, etc.
To be honest, I never experienced such a thing, never had any "errors" (at least it's what the left-side of the brain tells, since the right-side is concerned with 'imagination' anyways).

vid wrote:
To me this "seeing souls" under circumstances when you perception is limited, sounds exactly like this case.
You should try it (but you'll have to do it while honestly believing it works), see that it's not really the same 'seeing' (not that I saw ghosts anyways, but some patterns). It's a different kind of "color", maybe it's similar to how born-blind people see (they don't even see the color black, if you can imagine).

vid wrote:
I still wonder why no one of those third-eyers, telepaths, telekinetics, levitating people, etc., didn't ever claim that 1 million dollars from James Randi. Oh yeah, I forgot, not a single one of those hundred thousands of people who can do these stuff wants money for mere demonstrating his powers under testable conditions...
I'm not one of them, so I dunno. Maybe it's because they get tricked, or that ghosts are not 'testable' (whatever that means), and most don't even post in forums (unless someone requests honestly their help, not as "experiments" or "test subjects") -- maybe they don't even need people that only trust their normal senses to their agenda (yeah a bit stubborn, I agree, those people are). make no mistake, I am not such a guy.

btw this thread is more about aliens than "super"natural (depending on how you define 'natural' ofc).
Post 26 Jul 2008, 17:05
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
To be honest, I never experienced such a thing, never had any "errors" (at least it's what the left-side of the brain tells, since the right-side is concerned with 'imagination' anyways).

Don't you notice that blind spot in your view, where you eye has no neurons? If you don't, then your brain has made up what you see there: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cuius/idle/percept/blindspot.htm

How brain makes stuff up is also nicely documented in article which I reffered you to at least 2 times, maybe it would be good time to read it: http://ebonmusings.org/atheism/ghost.html

Quote:
Maybe it's because they get tricked, or that ghosts are not 'testable' (whatever that means),

'Testable' means that they can on average perform better than someone who is randomly quessing. Third eye which gives as good information as random quess isn't much worth it.

Quote:
most don't even post in forums (unless someone requests honestly their help, not as "experiments" or "test subjects") -- maybe they don't even need people that only trust their normal senses to their agenda (yeah a bit stubborn, I agree, those people are). make no mistake, I am not such a guy.

Still a bit weak apologetics. There is so much of attention whoring with mysticism. Even people regarded highly in these circles, temple masters, etc. did present their abilities in public, and did underwent some testing. And you claim that still, NO ONE of those people who can do it, wanted to make million bucks just by doing same thing he "does" all the time?
Post 27 Jul 2008, 01:25
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

I still wonder why no one of those third-eyers, telepaths, telekinetics, levitating people, etc., didn't ever claim that 1 million dollars from James Randi.

they will, sooner or later. once i got my third eye open, i will claim that 1 million.
Post 27 Jul 2008, 06:40
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
Don't you notice that blind spot in your view, where you eye has no neurons? If you don't, then your brain has made up what you see there: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cuius/idle/percept/blindspot.htm
From the article:
Quote:
Since the right eye can see whatever lies in the left eye's blind spot, and vice versa, the two eyes together provide complete vision.
I never actually had closed one of my eyes before (only one)... what happens if I didn't and still saw something? (not a "person" mind you)

Also:
Quote:
If so, then we can't trust our eyes. We're being given doctored information, massaged figures. The world that we see is not something out there, but a world that we invent. The world I see is my idea.
Really to reach that conclusion it wouldn't be necessary for the blind spot experiment. I mean, isn't it obvious that what we "see", the colors and all that, come from the brain, much like imagination??? Confused

vid wrote:
'Testable' means that they can on average perform better than someone who is randomly quessing. Third eye which gives as good information as random quess isn't much worth it.
Well, how can you actually "test" e.g: ghosts? I mean, if a ghost for example, is tormented and needs something, how would others "test" this? (I know it's a weird example, not saying that I am doing it Laughing)

vid wrote:
Still a bit weak apologetics. There is so much of attention whoring with mysticism. Even people regarded highly in these circles, temple masters, etc. did present their abilities in public, and did underwent some testing. And you claim that still, NO ONE of those people who can do it, wanted to make million bucks just by doing same thing he "does" all the time?
No no. what i meant, was "true" people that have seen it, not liars. I never said that everyone who claims to do it, actually does it.

Cover-up can also be an excuse... some say (NASA) aliens have been covered up because humans would most probably not like the idea of them being among us. Same with ghosts/supernatural maybe.

anyway I read the newspaper and it said that NASA and other agencies (a lot more not only NASA) will unleash all the cover-ups at most in one year.
Post 27 Jul 2008, 13:14
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Quote:
If so, then we can't trust our eyes. We're being given doctored information, massaged figures. The world that we see is not something out there, but a world that we invent. The world I see is my idea.

Really to reach that conclusion it wouldn't be necessary for the blind spot experiment.

Blind spot demonstration was answer to your previous point, where you said your logic (left brain) never told you thta what you see is imagined by brain:
Quote:

Now you suddenly claim direct opposite, that you knew about those "errors" all the time. So?

Quote:
Well, how can you actually "test" e.g: ghosts? I mean, if a ghost for example, is tormented and needs something, how would others "test" this? (I know it's a weird example, not saying that I am doing it

I was talking about third eye in general. Most of 3rd eye claims i have seen so far, claimed that they have remote seeing of material world. That is very well testable.

Quote:
No no. what i meant, was "true" people that have seen it, not liars. I never said that everyone who claims to do it, actually does it.

Not a single one of those who demonstrate it publicly is real? Many people wrote book on this subject, are they all fake? Or, do you think no one of them would like to definitively demonstrate it?

Remember that there were many people trying to demonstrate it, and they all failed. Most of them sincerely believed they have these powers, otherwise they wouldn't go to ruin their name/career. Isn't it a bit weird that all of people who believed they have these superpowers, and were tested, failed? Bad luck i quess...

Still, your position here is very weak, hope you realize it. You are falling back to very improbable explanation just to save some more mystery for this world: "People's desire to believe in the paranormal is stronger than all the evidence that it does not exist."
Post 27 Jul 2008, 16:19
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
Blind spot demonstration was answer to your previous point, where you said your logic (left brain) never told you thta what you see is imagined by brain:
Quote:

Now you suddenly claim direct opposite, that you knew about those "errors" all the time. So?
Nonono, I meant that I never "closed" an eye while 'seeing' the stuff, thus i never had any 'errors' due to blind-spot. Wink

vid wrote:
Not a single one of those who demonstrate it publicly is real? Many people wrote book on this subject, are they all fake? Or, do you think no one of them would like to definitively demonstrate it?
Honest answer: I don't know Wink

vid wrote:
Still, your position here is very weak, hope you realize it. You are falling back to very improbable explanation just to save some more mystery for this world: "People's desire to believe in the paranormal is stronger than all the evidence that it does not exist."
I don't claim I know or backup it anyway Smile I just tell my impression, feel free to not believe.
Post 27 Jul 2008, 17:45
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Nonono, I meant that I never "closed" an eye while 'seeing' the stuff, thus i never had any 'errors' due to blind-spot.

Oh, you didn't get me. I didn't say 'seeing souls' is because of blind spot. Blind spot was just example how brain makes up stuff if it doesn't have enough information (such as when it is very dark and you can't see things properly, everything is blurred together).
Post 27 Jul 2008, 18:40
Borsuc

Borsuc
Ah, now I understand. But IMO the brain makes up everything else (as concluded from that article you posted) anyway.

i never saw 'souls' Wink

(if you are talking about ghosts, i never saw any ghost, that was just an example!)
Post 27 Jul 2008, 20:08
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
But IMO the brain makes up everything else (as concluded from that article you posted) anyway

Total subjectivism (everything i see can be false, something like Matrix theory) is something not falsifiable. But it doesn't matter to us what's behind. This is too hard to explain in english for me, I am not that good, but look up "positivism" philosophy, it discusses this subjectivism approach and why it is no good to us.

And yes, brain makes up lot of stuff, but saying that everything is quite farfetched. If someone unexpectedly flashes light, and your brain sees light flash, it is quite hard to blame it on your brain, without falling back to total subjectivism :]
Post 27 Jul 2008, 20:23
Borsuc

Borsuc
Another astronaut claims to have seen aliens: article

Also Aliens have been on the Moon since Ancient times!

Some more food for thought Smile
Post 28 Jul 2008, 13:41
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Did he become new age weirdo after overcoming illnes too, like the first one?
Post 28 Jul 2008, 18:22
Borsuc

Borsuc
I don't get what's with all these "New age" stuff Confused

I mean, now that I look at it, it doesn't even REQUIRE EFFORT to cover up an alien story -- directly SHOWING an alien spacecraft or even an alien himself will not convince most people, they will dismiss it as a joke or as a fake. What's simpler to cover it up than this? Most agencies know it, and it's why they are happy that it's this way.

Sure, all videos from NASA are not fake, but when an astronaut from there claims something that contradicts it, or people don't like it, he becomes a "weirdo" or "crazy" or whatever. Not to mention that two of them did it. Plus the other link with Moon, and the Roswell story...

but yeah, all of them are "New age" weird and immediately-to-dismiss stuff. Rolling Eyes

Also I think I read in the local newspaper that NASA acknowledged it and is going to reveal everything within a year, so Razz
Post 28 Jul 2008, 19:00
edfed

edfed
can't wait anymore the NASA revelation. Very Happy
Post 28 Jul 2008, 19:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Sure, all videos from NASA are not fake, but when an astronaut from there claims something that contradicts it, or people don't like it, he becomes a "weirdo" or "crazy" or whatever.

You omited to mention fact that he claimed to have cancer cured "remotely" by 14 year old "Adam Dreamhealer", even though his cancer was not confirmed by biopsy. He also conducted ESP experiments in space, and founded "Institute of Noetic Sciences" to conduct research into paranormal. THAT is why i called him "new age weirdo", not because his alien claims.
Post 28 Jul 2008, 20:14

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: