flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > who should die or let dying

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
increase in worldwide population, decrease in food production
oil price rises faster than poor countries could absorb

who should die or let dying

Oil prices jump $11 to record high above $139 a barrel
it could reach $200 soon, and peace couldn't hold that long before the poors jump in to supermarket and snatch all the goods.
Post 06 Jun 2008, 20:19
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
So, you think someone needs to choose who to prune from the world population? In time of emergency people save everyone they can. It starts with the person sitting next to you and extends to everyone in reach of your message.

Post 07 Jun 2008, 03:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:
So, you think someone needs to choose who to prune from the world population?

i don't think so, but to balance the equation of nature, this is something that we couldn't avoid. when supply is fewer than demand, i think it is logical to assume chaos would rules to balance it.
Post 07 Jun 2008, 05:06
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep: I think you are panicking too much. If food prices soar to extreme heights then people will adjust their spending habits to compensate. Less luxuries like travelling, movies, alcohol, abalone, computers, etc.

I very much doubt there will be (any extra) chaos (than we have already), the food will still there, is just costs a bit more than previously, that is all.
Post 07 Jun 2008, 05:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
well, there are always 2 side views on an event,
1st, they tolarate and accept then change their lifestyle.
2nd, they will create chaos

regarding costs a bit more, (it doesn't cost a bit more) it will cost whole lot more compare to current market price.
Post 07 Jun 2008, 06:02
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I wonder if we can move beyond fear as a motivational force? Often in my own work there is this sense of urgency that drives me - a vision of tomorrow. Misdirected and malformed actions out of the shadows within that vision - that is fear. Doubts creep in; hesitation; procrastination; and all becomes clouded. Maybe it is time to sleep - to wake again new tomorrow.

Post 07 Jun 2008, 06:09
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
but i believe somewhere around the corner on earth, there is a group of active people that want chaos to happen. (maybe for them, it is like a SIM game)

maybe the whole idea is to let chaos happens so that the saviour, (the hidden global leader) could emerge and form global government and make global policies. (since by that time, most countries already in total chaos and those who want/need peace) must submit to the global force.

yes, most of the time, we did/perform something because of fear. maybe thats why police have guns... and government make bombs.

but we all knew that, history repeats. there is no forex graph that went up and never went down. so, basically, this is all about running in a cycle.

what i could see is, more and more people will die, (i don't want them to die, and i see no reasons why they should die) but i knew more and more will die.
Post 07 Jun 2008, 08:20
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
but i believe somewhere around the corner on earth, there is a group of active people that want chaos to happen. (maybe for them, it is like a SIM game)
Yes, I expect there are people that think that way, but fortunately they are the minority. And the majority that don't think like that have organised themselves with governments and police forces to counter the minority that wish to do harm.

Have a little higher opinion of the human race, it is not all bad, there is a lot of good still in most people.

The current oil "crisis" will go away, just as in the past. Temporary difficulties can be overcome, just like in the past. In the famous words of Douglas Adams (RIP) "Don't panic".
Post 07 Jun 2008, 12:19
Madis731

Madis731
I'm switching to bike soon. Already riding it a lot more than I used to. Calculating 6.6l/100km (my uber-economical 2.5TDI) and 15km to work I get 1.98litres (that is 30km there&back). One litre of diesel costs us, Estonians, ~20EEK and that makes 39½EEK for just a trip to work. If that price goes beyond 50EEK I will not take my car - especially in the summer - to work.

Imagine persons driving a car that consumes 12 or even 16l/100km.

Btw, you can use Google if your units differ a lot:
http://www.google.com/search?q=6.6+litres+%2F100km+to+mpg (l/100km => mpg example)
Post 08 Jun 2008, 08:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Madis731 wrote:
...Imagine persons driving a car that consumes 12 or even 16l/100km.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,1876692,00.asp
Point is, with all our concern, world wide, about saving energy, where is the comparison between price/performance of cpu, with regard (third dimension) to energy consumption? I have not found it.
As this chart shows, Intel 630 cpu gives the best price/performance (data is three years old, however), but what happens if we include energy consumption in this comparison?
Here's Intel's own tantalizingly close statement:
"The value proposition for Intel quad-core processor-based systems is clear. They outperform existing systems in all three major areas: compute performance, price performance, and performance per watt"

Unfortunately, Intel provides NO data, or at least, I was unable to find any. Where are the facts and figures to back up Intel's assertion? I can believe that a 65nm process is more energy efficient, than the older 90 nm process, but then, what about 2 megs of cache? How about 6 mbytes of cache? Why does Intel write that the Core 2 duo E8500 is "energy efficient"? Is it more efficient than the Pentium 3, Tualatin, I am using to write this? Is my older Pentium 3, 1GHz cpu, more energy efficient than the 1.4 GHz Tualatin? For most of what I do, is it really necessary to have an E8500? How much energy would I save if I converted my dozen computers to E8500? Oops, maybe I would be expending MORE energy running those new devices, even though constructed from thinner and thinner circuits, than is currently consumed by the much older models....?
predicting the future, soothsayer sleepsleep wrote:
...what i could see is, more and more people will die,...
responding to this prescience, revolution wrote:
...Have a little higher opinion of the human race, it is not all bad, there is a lot of good still in most people.
Unfortunately, this claim is not supported by a link to some data which would support such a perfunctory conclusion. It is not simply scarcity of natural resources, and global overpopulation, with concomitant destruction of the environment that creates the mood of despair so clearly elaborated in the initial submission on this topic, it is also the dramatic increase in violence committed by those who already possess great wealth, against those who have little--thus the cause of the previously noted food riots in the first message of this thread. Saving energy will accomplish three goals:
1. reduce the global warming/environmental destruction
2. allow greater beneficience via charitable donations to those in need
3. demonstrate that humans can evolve, need not always be "first", or "best", or "strongest".
What are we FASM forumers doing to accomplish any of these three goals?
Confused
Post 08 Jun 2008, 11:33
Madis731

Madis731
Your favorite articles might be:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-penryn-4ghz-air-cooling,1712-13.html
http://www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?page=7&skrivelse=525

EDIT: I needed to say one more thing. You can't actually believe what Intel says because its their baby and everyone loves their babies. So why bother - give the joy of measuring to review sites. Btw, the T9300 mobile Penryn is said to stay under 2W if in idle. My laptop's battery was very glad when I replaced the T7200 with the new T9300. So if I feel the difference, there's not need to measure. I know that my laptop consumes less power than before. Now there remains only the fact about manufacturing these CPUs Sad

1. I for example don't waste unthoughtfully paper, packing material, etc. & where I work has little to do with it (RMK) its my own politics. I only buy cheese that is NOT sliced and then packed separately and then packed AGAIN. I only go fill up my tank when its COMPLETELY empty (i.e. 1000km between fillings). There are a lot of small things like emptying your yogurt containers by licking or giving it to a dog. I bet it will cost us about one extra container every month when its not completely "eaten".

2. I will NOT DONATE to a black hole! You can't have any guarantees that the persons behind organizing charities will take the most of it. If I can I will donate straight to the person(s) in question so there are no taxes or middle-men :@
What a person needs to do when noticing a bum is to take him eating somewhere instead of giving him/her money -- it will probably be wasted on some booze. My charity is respectable, but not always a straight-forward donation.

3. Evolving means being the fittest! If you save energy (electrical, thermal, etc.) you show mankind that you are the "first" to do so and others will follow. If you can be the "best" saver, you will be admired by Mother Nature. When you are opposed by others that say you can't, you must still push through, which means you are "stronger" than the unbelievers.

Simple answer to your question - anything I can Smile

Last edited by Madis731 on 08 Jun 2008, 13:09; edited 2 times in total
Post 08 Jun 2008, 12:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

3. demonstrate that humans can evolve, need not always be "first", or "best", or "strongest".

the problem is, to don't want be the first, don't want to be best is also a want.

whole problem resolve around "i want", more complex problem renders to "i couldn't think before i think." since i couldn't think before i think, so what is i think.

soothsayer sleepsleep wrote:
no, i based it on logic, more modern destructive weapon = more to die in one bomb. so, when to use those weapon, when they start to compete for food, energy, land and living rights.

or anyone here guess, those bomb developed, manufactured without the intention to use it? ........
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post 08 Jun 2008, 12:56
edfed

edfed
Quote:

increase in worldwide population, decrease in food production
oil price rises faster than poor countries could absorb

who should die or let dying

nobody
Quote:

Oil prices jump $11 to record high above $139 a barrel
it could reach $200 soon, and peace couldn't hold that long before the poors jump in to supermarket and snatch all the goods.

don't care about, soon, Hydrogen and electric cars.
indead, it will be the war one more time.
Post 09 Jun 2008, 00:56
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
they even built a doomsday vault to hold all seeds
http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/177/doomsday_vault

4 years more before 2012...
Post 09 Jun 2008, 03:35

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: