flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
victor

victor
The following is probably the best Chinese song I've ever heard. The melody and arrangement are, simply, perfect!

Tat Ming Pair (達明一派) - Forbidden Love (禁色)
http://www.mtv200.com/song/168/5859.htm

Enjoy! Razz

Last edited by victor on 18 Jun 2008, 04:04; edited 1 time in total
Post 13 Jun 2008, 07:52
Borsuc

Borsuc
MHajduk wrote:
Many people think that classical music is dead and should be closed in the musical museum...
Well I don't say I enjoy classical music (even though some parts ARE very inspiring), but i simply LOVE orchestral music from games/animes/movies soundtracks, in fact it's the only thing I'm listening to.. be it with some electric guitars, a classic orchestra (lovely), choirs or chinese/japanese/thai/other asian instruments... doesn't matter.
Post 13 Jun 2008, 14:01
victor

victor
Movie soundtracks ... Check this out ...

天空の城 (Laputa - Castle in The Sky) - Ending Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEK3i3CyLk

Enjoy! Razz
Post 14 Jun 2008, 06:47
asmhack

asmhack
Post 16 Jun 2008, 00:30
MHajduk

MHajduk
victor wrote:
The following is probably the best Chinese song I've ever heard. The melody and arrangement are, simply, perfect!

Tat Ming Pair (達明一派) - Forbidden Love (禁色)
http://www.mtv200.com/song/168/5859.htm
I don't know why, but some Chinese sites are completely "soundless" for me. Confused Do they use another (own, specific) music player plug-ins?

Nevertheless, I hope that I've found the same song in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-shlj9lY4. If it's the same song you were talking about, then I agree, it's really good. Smile Very clear and strong voice of the vocalist, interesting sound of the keyboard (these sharp tones are similar to produced by harpsichord, IMO). I liked especially parts with the western concert flute (it makes my flesh creep). Very Happy
Post 16 Jun 2008, 12:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
victor

victor
[Quote is broken.]

>> I dont know why, but some Chinese sites are completely soundless for me. Do they use another (own, specific) music player plug-ins?

That site works fine for me. Could be some plug-ins problem, but I am not sure!

>> Nevertheless, I hope that I ve found the same song in YouTube ... If it is the same song you were talking about, then I agree, it is really good. Very clear and strong voice of the vocalist, interesting sound of the keyboard (these sharp tones are similar to produced by harpsichord, IMO). I liked especially parts with the western concert flute (it makes my flesh creep).

Yes, it is the song I was talking about, but the recording quality of that video is not very good.
Post 18 Jun 2008, 06:16
Borsuc

Borsuc
victor wrote:
Movie soundtracks ... Check this out ...

天空の城 (Laputa - Castle in The Sky) - Ending Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEK3i3CyLk

Enjoy! Razz
thanks Wink
Post 18 Jun 2008, 10:47
Loser

Loser
Post 04 Jul 2008, 08:54
Loser

Loser
Clint Mansell - Requiem for a dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU
Post 09 Jul 2008, 08:36
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
...It's amazing that Baroque music excellently sounds in modern interpretations.

Glenn Gould and Angela Hewitt agree with you playing Bach on modern instruments--in this case, piano. I find, on the other hand, that the sound of music written two and three and four hundred years ago, sounds MUCH better when played on instruments of that era, and NOT with modern instruments, nor with "modern" variations or "rock" band (high amplification with additional percussion)performances. Music of the Baroque era was intended for an intimate setting, with only a few, highly motivated, deeply engaged afficionados listening--there was no need for amplification or extra percussion, because they were sitting just a few meters in front of the performers, in very small theatres....
Smile
Post 09 Jul 2008, 12:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
Well, I agree that Baroque music also sounds good when played on the original instruments (harpsichord, organ etc.) but anyways "I am the child of our time" and I prefer "modernized" adaptations of the Baroque compositions. "My heart beats in the other rhythm" and I can't do anything with it - my perception of the art is highly subjective. Smile Always when I listened to the "classical" performances of the Bach works I had the feeling that something could be added there. Even if I try to imagine how the people thought and felt a few centuries ago I'll probably never get the clue. Too much water flowed in the rivers... and the world changed a lot.
Post 09 Jul 2008, 14:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
...I prefer "modernized" adaptations of the Baroque compositions.
and in your defense, and in the defense of all those, including Gould and Hewitt, who believe that "modern" interpretations are superior, Bach himself, agreed with you.
He, you recall, WALKED all the way to Hamburg, to hear Buxtehude play Organ, but, if one listens today to the BEST Buxtehude, it is in no way comparable to even the most mediocre compositions of Bach. Bach was not satisfied to simply continue with Buxtehude's (old, traditional) methods, he insisted on changing the style, incorporating the most modern techniques, (copied from Vivaldi in Italy,) exactly as MHajduk recommends, and contrary to my own preference, preserving the past.....Bach, in this particular argument, would side, not with with me, but with MHajduk.....
I cannot change, both because too old, and because too convinced that I am correct, and everyone else, including Bach and Gould and Hewitt, wrong.....
Smile
Post 09 Jul 2008, 17:49
Loser

Loser
Paul Potts - You Raise Me Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg9qOHSgi0

Smile
Post 15 Jul 2008, 08:31
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser wrote:
Hehe, seems that FASM is already known outside the Solar System. Laughing
Wikipedia wrote:
Gliese 581d (pronounced /ˈgliːzə/), also known as HO Librae d and or Wolf 562 d, is a "super-Earth" or large terrestrial extrasolar planet orbiting the red dwarf star Gliese 581.
Utopia isn't a good place for living anymore? Wink

555th post
Post 15 Jul 2008, 08:57
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
555th post
It seems that you can't post any more! Pick a new User ID and register ... hmm ... h3x would be a good choice! Very Happy

MHajduk wrote:
Utopia isn't a good place for living anymore? Wink
It seems that you pay serious attention to the location of other users. What's so special about "Utopia"?
Quote:
Utopia = an imaginary island described in Sir Thomas More's Utopia (1516) as enjoying perfection in law, politics, etc.
Rolling Eyes
Post 15 Jul 2008, 10:07
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
555th post
It seems that you can't post any more! Pick a new User ID and register ... hmm ... h3x would be a good choice! Very Happy
Laughing Well, to the "Beast Number" (666) is quite far yet. Wink

Loser wrote:
What's so special about "Utopia"?
Ask victor, he lives there. Wink
Post 15 Jul 2008, 11:25
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Post 15 Jul 2008, 12:51
Loser

Loser
The second song perfectly matches TG - "The Truth Is Here" from Ayreon's newest album, 01011001. Very Happy I like it! Very Happy
Post 15 Jul 2008, 13:18
Borsuc

Borsuc
What do you people think of this song:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmqt2xjiddb (I uploaded it on mediafire)
Post 15 Jul 2008, 13:50
comrade

comrade
Sarah McLachlan - Adia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2plvb1NBNIo

This was playing on TV when I just immigrated to Canada.
Post 15 Jul 2008, 15:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: