flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Don McLean - American Pie
RIP MJ
I still can't believe in Michael Jackson's death... It was so sudden and unexpected... BTW, seems that your song is quite good requiem for him.
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Noziya Karomatullo - Asaaa
Beautiful ... I mean the singer ... She is exactly "my type"! Wink
Wow, YONG... Exclamation Wink Very Happy

Accordingly to the "black eyes theme" I wish to present here two songs performed by the Polish artist of Russian descent, Ivan Komarenko (with the group "Delfin") which achieved quite big success in Poland:
YONG wrote:
張國榮 - 追
Beautiful song, carries so many emotions. Smile Perfectly performed - this guitar solo reminds me some hits of the Queen group.
Post 26 Jun 2009, 09:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:

Don McLean - American Pie
RIP MJ
I still can't believe in Michael Jackson's death... It was so sudden and unexpected... BTW, seems that your song is quite good requiem for him.
The song starts off with my memories of the death of Buddy Holly. But it moves on to describe America as I was seeing it and how I was fantasizing it might become, so it’s part reality and part fantasy but I’m always in the song as a witness or as even the subject sometimes in some of the verses.

Mozart's Requiem is much beloved, though misunderstood by many. The Lacrimosa, linked in MHajduk's post, above, arguably the most famous section of the Requiem, appears to have been composed, after Mozart's untimely demise, (from rheumatic fever, age only 45,) by two of his contemporaries, Joseph Eybler, and Sussmayer, both of whom apparently rehearsed the ideas for the Lacrimosa, with Mozart as he lay deathly ill, in bed, in late November, 1791. He died a couple weeks later, in early December, 1791, with much of the requiem unfinished.

When he was 23, Michael Jackson released "Thriller", a collection of songs, lasting about half an hour in duration. In my opinion, if no one else's, Thriller remains Jackson's Chef d'oeuvre. I am unaware of any "significant" title before or after that date, though I acknowledge that he was a childhood prodigy, and certainly did compose numerous songs after Thriller. Mozart's first opera was composed at age 11, his first major successful opera, Abduction from the Seraglio, composed in his late twenties. The difference between these two famous composers is this: In my opinion only, certainly not a claim of fact, Jackson was a one trick pony whose death a quarter century after his one and only principal composition, represented an uneventful normal part of life, i.e. death. Mozart, on the other hand, died tragically, at the peak of his career, having composed literally thousands of masterpieces. Michael Jackson's total life work is not even equal to the tiniest fragment of Mozart's smallest fingernail. I feel ashamed to have Mozart's Requiem mentioned in connection with the death of junkie drug addicts like Michael Jackson.

I am still sad at the premature death of Mozart. Michael Jackson's death does not even warrant an eye blink, to my way of thinking. Buddy Holly's death was far more significant, in my world view, than that of Michael Jackson. In my opinion, Buddy Holly, not Michael Jackson, played the more significant role in the evolution of American pop music. If one removed Thriller, would Michael Jackson's music have any significance? Thriller was a sensational composition, but did its appearance on the stage influence any other composers?

I would feel differently about Jackson if he had composed anything else of significance in his last two decades on this planet.
Post 26 Jun 2009, 21:09
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Ivan i Delfin - Jej czarne oczy (Her black eyes)
Ivan i Delfin - Sto lat (One hundred years)
Quite catchy. Nice songs.

tom tobias wrote:
Michael Jackson's total life work is not even equal to the tiniest fragment of Mozart's smallest fingernail.
Two points:

1. I don't think we can make any direct comparison between the two M's. They lived in two completely different worlds.

2. I was NOT a fan of MJ. But, whether you like it or not, MJ did make quite an impact to the pop music world. His 1982 album "Thriller" remains the world's best-selling record of all time. His dance routines are now considered, by most people around the world, classic!

倩影 - 蔡楓華

鄭少秋 - 狐蝠
same song, better quality
Post 27 Jun 2009, 09:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
I used to the fact that I usually have completely different point of view on most things than the rest of my interlocutors. Wink Sometimes it results even in kind of isolation but I stopped to worry about it. I just build my own vision of the world and change my environment in order to feel more comfortable and safe. Wink

If I said that "I'm surprised by the Michael Jackson's death" it doesn't mean I'm in mourning after him. Sure, it's sad that another one genius of the music has gone. But we should remember that we have to separate artist's deeds from artist himself. Very often talented people, who we admire, have complicated personality, ugly character and many strange habits. We should admire Michael Jackson's achievements in the music domain. Nobody is forced to love Jackson's private life and his destructive experiments on his body.

I have no (and never had) idols, doesn't matter alive or dead.
tom tobias wrote:
I feel ashamed to have Mozart's Requiem mentioned in connection with the death of junkie drug addicts like Michael Jackson.
YONG wrote:
1. I don't think we can make any direct comparison between the two M's. They lived in two completely different worlds.
You probably will be surprised, but I think we can compare (in some general features) Mozart and Jackson. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wasn't a living monument - he was a very extravagant man, full of life. He spent big sums of earned money on the social events in order to make a good PR. Mozart was probably the first European great composer, who created "light" and popular music (some kind of 18th century "pop" Wink). His performances were also big events due to composer's specific sense of humor. This well known anecdote about Mozart and his friend Haydn could be a perfect example of it:

Some day Mozart wanted to make a joke to his friend Haydn.
- I wrote some music composition you can't perform - said Wolfgang.
Haydn took a look at the notes and sadly said:
- Indeed, two hands have to make passages on the opposite sides of the keyboard at the same time when some accords have to be played in the middle... It's unfeasible...
Mozart only smiled on him, sat to the piano and played these "middle" accords with his nose! Laughing

Also it's not the truth about big Mozart's popularity at the moment of his death. He was more known in Prague than his Vienna in these times.
YONG wrote:
倩影 - 蔡楓華
Wonderful, sweet melody. Somehow reminds me "Four seasons" (Chinese folk song) performed by Teresa Teng. Wink

I wish to recommend now catchy song with very nice videoclip. Wink Again an Uzbek song with remarkable "Eastern" music motives:Very Happy
Post 27 Jun 2009, 12:40
Picnic

Picnic
Hi all,
Keyboardist-composer Paul Schwartz, combines numerous elements - vocals and instrumentals, classical and pop-new age, piano-violin duets and sweeping orchestral themes, English and Latin lyrics, features impassioned female voice of Lisbeth Scott.

Paul Schwartz - Miserere
Post 29 Jun 2009, 21:05
YONG

YONG
thimis wrote:
Paul Schwartz - Miserere
Sublime and reflective. Typical thimis style! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Anvar Sanaev - Diydoringa to'ymadim
Nice. Typical MHajduk style! Wink

甄妮 - 鲁冰花
same song, different version

櫻花 + 凌雲 - 印度情歌 (for those who are fans of and inspired by Indian music)

Last edited by YONG on 30 Jun 2009, 07:59; edited 1 time in total
Post 30 Jun 2009, 06:17
YONG

YONG
Post 30 Jun 2009, 07:04
YONG

YONG
Post 30 Jun 2009, 07:57
MHajduk

MHajduk
thimis wrote:
Paul Schwartz - Miserere
Excellent, "my flesh creeps" when I listen to it. Wink Seems that this composition is based on the fragments of the Gregorio Allegri's "Miserere" (the same which Mozart wrote out from his memory without any mistake after listening to it once in the Sistine Chapel).

Here you have a few interesting songs referring to the medieval music, but performed in the modern style by the group Mediaeval Baebes:Very Happy

YONG, give me some time to "digest" your recommendations. Wink
Post 30 Jun 2009, 10:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
This song is very beautiful but from the other hand sounds slightly strange (as if it is made from the two different songs). Its "intro" is very nice but part from 1:29 to 3:28 is simply awesome! I like such folk-inspired songs. Smile This composition reminds me somehow this Polish hit from 1984:
YONG wrote:
櫻花 + 凌雲 - 印度情歌 (for those who are fans of and inspired by Indian music)
Yeah, "Indian" style in this song is quite remarkable (especially on the beginning). Wink

Accordingly to the theme of "exotic" countries, here you have a Polish song from 60's about Batumi, a Georgian city, famous (during USSR era) resort on the Black Sea coast:Very Happy
Post 30 Jun 2009, 11:53
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG, I have to say that I suppose you have an absolute pitch IMHO because every your music recommendation is in scale from (obvious) very good to excellent. Wink Even if sometimes I don't like the melody I have to admit that every singer presented by you is perfect and instrumental background is always ideal. Smile Again exactly what I like: sweet melody based on the folk tunes, professionally sung. Its simplicity "catches listeners heart". Wink Very interesting timbre of voice, pleasant guitar play. Smile I like this positive inspiring song. Superb song, moody, with calm but yet very energetic rhythm. Interesting, surrealistic clip presents attractive and elegant duet of singers. Wink
Post 30 Jun 2009, 12:32
MHajduk

MHajduk
This sublime song reminds me in its general character somehow "heroic" music theme from the Polish TV series "Czarne chmury" ("Dark clouds") [1973] referring to the dramatic history of 17th century Poland:Smile
Post 30 Jun 2009, 13:03
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG, give me some time to "digest" your recommendations.
OK, take your time.

MHajduk wrote:
Mediaeval Baebes - Erthe upon Erthe
Filipinki - Batumi
Beautiful folk songs, one is modern and the other old-fashioned. I like them! Razz
Post 02 Jul 2009, 05:45
YONG

YONG
Post 02 Jul 2009, 06:08
YONG

YONG
Post 02 Jul 2009, 08:45
MHajduk

MHajduk
Seems that this song is a good music answer to "Czarne chmury" movie soundtrack. Wink Dynamic and powerful. I liked especially this characteristic "rattlesnake" sound motive. Roman Tam's voice is also one of the most characteristic ones IMHO. Wink This one, very calm and lyric, somehow corresponds to "Malinowy król" by Urszula. Wink Sarah Chen has a really beautiful voice. Smile
YONG wrote:
海上花
This song is simply the best! Sentimental (but yet very positive, even joyful), performed by wonderful choir. Very Happy
Post 02 Jul 2009, 09:14
MHajduk

MHajduk
Hehe, this song reminds me very much Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" Very Happy :
This one brings me quite big dose of positive emotions. String sequences (with remarkable "Eastern" character) are simply superb. From the other hand, harmonica passages give it beautiful, happy and light mood, make it very "spatial". Smile
Post 02 Jul 2009, 09:48
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl, She's Right On Time
Cool! I've never seen this MV before. Razz
Post 02 Jul 2009, 10:04
MHajduk

MHajduk
Especially for YONG, a person with a beautiful soul, two songs performed by famous Polish singer Jerzy Połomski:And something interesting, unique performance of this part of the "Swan Lake" by Great Chinese State Circus:
Very Happy
Post 02 Jul 2009, 10:52
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Jerzy Połomski - Sentymentalny świat
Piękne to i wzruszające! Wink
Post 02 Jul 2009, 11:07

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: