flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
Okay, now is my turn to present some music. Wink Accordingly to the information in Wikipedia (and to tales from the collection "One Thousand and One Nights" Wink ) traditional Persian musical instrument tar is believed to have therapeutic possibilities:
Wikipedia wrote:
Music therapy

The melodies performed on tar were considered useful for headache, insomnia and melancholy, as well as for eliminating nervous and muscle spasms. Listening to this instrument was believed to induce a quiet and philosophical mood, compelling the listener to reflect upon life. Its solemn melodies were thought to cause a person to relax and fall asleep.
Here you have some examples of Persian music performed on tar by young, talented player Sahba Motallebi
YouTube wrote:
Sahba Motallebi was born in 1978 in Tehran, Iran, and started playing traditional Persian music very early on. She is a graduate of Tehran Conservatory where she mastered playing Tar and Setar (traditional Persian instruments) under the instructions of master Fariborz Azizi.

She further enhanced her performance of the renowned capabilities by enjoying the direct guidance of the renowned master of traditional Persian music, Hossein Alizadeh, and the respected music theoretician, Dr Mehran Rouhani. She continued her formal music studies in composition at St Petersburgh Conservatory, Russia. Sahba has recorded several CDs and composed numerous theatrical peaces. For more information on Sahba's work please visit http://www.sahbamusic.com
General character of these melodies resemble some Renaissance Italian lute compositions IMHO:
Very Happy
Post 19 Jun 2009, 10:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Sahba Motallebi
She is very talented. Very Happy

Here you have something different: 香港中樂團 (Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra) - 射鵰英雄傳 (A Hero Named MHajduk).
Post 20 Jun 2009, 06:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Hahaha Laughing I like the title translation very much. Razz BTW, it's a very impressive composition.

A few songs of Janusz Radek for YONG, the real "hero of our times" Wink :Very Happy
Post 20 Jun 2009, 08:18
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Janusz Radek - Oblubieniec
This one is quite catchy. Without a doubt, Janusz Radek is one of the top Polish singers. (To me, he is the best!) Surprisingly, I find that his "covered" songs are even better than his "original" ones. For example, I like this song very much despite of its deep religious meaning. BTW, I know everything about Radek's music. Wink
Post 20 Jun 2009, 09:12
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Janusz Radek - Oblubieniec
This one is quite catchy. Without a doubt, Janusz Radek is one of the top Polish singers. (To me, he is the best!) Surprisingly, I find that his "covered" songs are even better than his "original" ones. For example, I like this song very much despite of its deep religious meaning. BTW, I know everything about Radek's music. Wink
I'm glad that there is at least one Polish artist you like. Wink I see that you've made efforts to know something more about Janusz Radek; that's good. Smile

BTW, it would be interesting to hear such singers as Radek and Anthony Wong in duet, isn't it? Cool Yeah, I know that is very unusual idea, but anyway we may dream... Wink
Post 20 Jun 2009, 19:31
YONG

YONG
OK, this is my turn.

Here you have a Taiwan folk song 蘇婭 - 美麗島 (2008) and a western classic Badfinger - Carry on Till Tomorrow.
Post 22 Jun 2009, 08:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have a Taiwan folk song 蘇婭 - 美麗島 (2008)
Shocked This is really beautiful song! I liked especially these "deep" sounds of the harp which imitate flowing water and blowing wind... Smile
YONG wrote:
and a western classic Badfinger - Carry on Till Tomorrow.
Yeah, music of the 60's is quite pleasant for the listener. This song is calming and very sentimental. Smile

I think it's a high time to present some Polish folk music performed by the professional folk groups "Mazowsze" and "Śląsk". Names of these ensembles refer to the two Polish big regions (Masovia and Silesia), which differ in culture (language, music, dances and folk dresses) and their history. Here you have some examples of the beautiful Polish folk songs:Very Happy
Post 22 Jun 2009, 12:23
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Here you have some examples of the beautiful Polish folk songs ...
Very beautiful indeed. These songs remind me of the following classic:

For the beauty of the Earth

Here you have another folk song:

區瑞強 - 風

One more (which is one of my favourite children's songs):

路家敏 - 小太陽
Post 23 Jun 2009, 09:50
MHajduk

MHajduk
First of your recommendations is very sentimental and sublime religious song. Smile
YONG wrote:
Here you have another folk song:

區瑞強 - 風
Hehe, this one reminds songs sung by teacher and his pupils during school tours. Wink
YONG wrote:
One more (which is one of my favourite children's songs):

路家敏 - 小太陽
Very nice. Smile BTW, today in Poland is a Father's Day - your propositions fit perfectly in their climate to this holiday. Sometimes I think that you have a Polish heart. Wink

I've just found in YouTube something you'll probably like. This Moroccan hit could be compared with the best pop songs of 70's. BTW, accordingly to the Wikipedia, Boney M's song "Children of Paradise" (1980) is based on this composition!
Post 23 Jun 2009, 10:52
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Speaking of Father's Day... Something from Mike Oldfield again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCfyF5Cko-s
Wink
Post 23 Jun 2009, 11:05
MHajduk

MHajduk
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Speaking of Father's Day... Something from Mike Oldfield again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCfyF5Cko-s
Wink
It's a highly meditative instrumental composition, indeed. Mike Oldfield's music works are always soulful. Smile
Post 23 Jun 2009, 11:22
YONG

YONG
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Something from Mike Oldfield again ...
Hmm ... you were talking about "Our Father", i.e., God ... Mad What should we do to free you from your religious entanglement? Rolling Eyes

MHajduk wrote:
Younes Migri - Lili twil (My night is long)
Nice melody. Wink

郭富城 - 強

The Moody Blues - Nights in White satin
Post 25 Jun 2009, 09:49
YONG

YONG
Post 25 Jun 2009, 10:08
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
郭富城 - 強
A song from the brighter part of our universe. Wink Up-tempo, joyful and light - somehow reminds me some songs of the Polish rock group Czerwone Gitary Smile
Yeah, I perfectly remember this immortal evergreen Wink but this clip I've seen for the first time.

Today I wish to recommend something very dynamic, what I've found just yesterday (and liked very much). A new song of Uzbek singer Ziyoda:
This is again an Uzbek movie soundtrack. Clip is very funny and quite informative (you can easily imagine of what the movie is about). I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Wink
Post 25 Jun 2009, 10:31
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
(Just in case I'm busy tomorrow. Wink )

陳百強 - 幾分鐘的約會

林珊珊 陳百強 - 再見Puppy Love
Both songs are very nice and bring positive feelings but the first one is better IMO. Singer's voice is mellow and calming, instrumental background is also more sophisticated. Smile
Post 25 Jun 2009, 10:57
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Czerwone gitary - Takie ładne oczy
Ponadczasowa piosenka! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Ziyoda - Super kelinchak
Cudowne! Wink
Post 25 Jun 2009, 11:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Czerwone gitary - Takie ładne oczy
Ponadczasowa piosenka! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Ziyoda - Super kelinchak
Cudowne! Wink
Congratulations YONG, your Polish is very good! Wink

OK, interesting what will you say about this song of the Uzbek duet Oybek & Nigora:Very Happy
Post 25 Jun 2009, 11:28
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Oybek & Nigora - Meni kechir
Nice song, but I prefer this one! Wink
Post 25 Jun 2009, 12:33
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Oybek & Nigora - Meni kechir
Nice song, but I prefer this one! Wink
Yeah, me too. Smile I presented this song a year ago in this thread (see here: http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=77157#77157). Wink

As a fan of Indian (and inspired by Indian) music I wish to recommend here an up-tempo song performed by Tajik female singer Noziya Karomatullo:Very Happy
Post 25 Jun 2009, 12:48
YONG

YONG
Don McLean - American Pie
RIP MJ

MHajduk wrote:
Yeah, me too. I presented this song a year ago in this thread ...
Hehe, that's exactly why I picked that song! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Noziya Karomatullo - Asaaa
Beautiful ... I mean the singer ... She is exactly "my type"! Wink

張國榮 - 追

Leslie Cheung - A Better Tomorrow Soundtrack
Post 26 Jun 2009, 08:20

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: