flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Marek Biliński
Very beautiful electronic music! I especially like the last one, Dziecko Słońca. The unique arrangement keeps surprising me and gives me a relaxing & peaceful mood! Razz

Here you have two old songs by Tat Ming Pair: 模特兒 (A Model) & 一個夏雨天 (A Rainy Day in Summer).

Have a nice day! Wink
Post 17 Jan 2009, 06:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have two old songs by Tat Ming Pair: 模特兒 (A Model) & 一個夏雨天 (A Rainy Day in Summer)
Hehe, both songs presented by you today are good, but I liked most second one because of the clear melodic line, energetic rhythm, sharp instrumentation (which reminds me slightly some European hits from 80's) and strong vocal of Anthony Wong. Smile

Today, January 17th, is the fifth anniversary of the death of Czesław Niemen, probably the best Polish composer, singer and songwriter in the 20th century. Here you have some biographical info. I wish to present here a short list of Niemen's songs which I liked most:Anthem "Dziwny jest ten świat" is considered most recognizable Niemen's song. Here you have an English translation of the lyrics:
Czesław Niemen wrote:
Strange is this World

Oh, strange is this world
Where still it seems
There is room for so much evil
And strange it is
that since long ago
Man, man despises man.

Oh, strange this world
Of human affairs
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be in it
Oh, so often
a man, a man can kill
With a bad, with a bad word as with a knife.

But most people are of good will
I - thanks to them - believe
That this world
should never,
never, never, never die!
And now, the time has come
The final time
For hatred, for hatred to destroy itself.
and a Polish original:
Czesław Niemen wrote:
Dziwny jest ten świat

Dziwny jest ten świat,
gdzie jeszcze wciąż
mieści się wiele zła.
I dziwne jest to,
że od tylu lat
człowiekiem gardzi człowiek.

Dziwny ten świat,
świat ludzkich spraw,
czasem aż wstyd przyznać się.
A jednak często jest,
że ktoś słowem złym
zabija tak, jak nożem.

Lecz ludzi dobrej woli jest więcej
i mocno wierzę w to,
że ten świat
nie zginie nigdy dzięki nim.
Nie! Nie! Nie!
Przyszedł już czas,
najwyższy czas,
nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
Enjoy! Smile
Post 17 Jan 2009, 17:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Czesław Niemen - Pieśń Wojów (Song of warriors)
I quite like this one - strong clear vocal and sensational melodic line - which gives me very positive energy! Razz

Well, here you have something different today. See if you'd like the following songs:

陳潔靈 - 白金升降機‏

張國榮 - 有誰共鳴‏‏

葉倩文 - 零時十分‏

Have a nice day! Wink
Post 18 Jan 2009, 05:08
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Well, here you have something different today. See if you'd like the following songs:

陳潔靈 - 白金升降機‏

張國榮 - 有誰共鳴‏‏

葉倩文 - 零時十分‏
First of the songs recommended by you is quite good example of the nice rock'n'roll, Wink but I liked the second one, sung by Leslie Cheung, because it seems to be based on some folk Chinese melodies. Reference to the ethnic music always gives distinguishable, unique features to the musical compositions. 張國榮 - 有誰共鳴‏‏ reminds me my first contact with Teresa Teng's creations, those were three traditional Chinese songs in modern arrangement (you may need to turn down the volume):I liked this sublime, elegant lady from the prime impression and my sympathy to this artist is constant and strong since this moment. Wink

My today's proposition is based on the comparison of the two songs from the different parts of the world, which shows some very interesting similarities in the instrumentation layer and general mood:
Enjoy! Smile
Post 18 Jan 2009, 19:44
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I liked this sublime, elegant lady from the prime impression and my sympathy to this artist is constant and strong since this moment.
Without a doubt, Teresa Teng was one of the best female Chinese singers.

MHajduk wrote:
Qehriman - Yultuzum (My star)
Ryszard Rynkowski - Za młodzi, za starzy (Too young, too old)
Very beautiful evening songs. Yeah, they sound quite similar to me.

Here you have two songs of very different styles by the same singer.

黄耀明 - 四季歌

黃耀明 - 春光乍洩‏

Have a nice day. Razz
Post 19 Jan 2009, 04:25
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
黄耀明 - 四季歌
This composition is very beautiful and refers (at least by its title - "The Four Seasons") to the traditional song performed by Teresa Teng which I've mentioned yesterday. Very Happy You can be sure that this Antony Wong's song will become one of my favorites. Wink

Here you have some examples of beautiful songs by Uzbek singer Yodgor Mirzajonov (I hope you will like them):Enjoy! Smile
Post 19 Jan 2009, 14:19
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Yodgor Mirzajonov - Erkam
Yodgor Mirzajonov - Sini Qizghonaman
Nice songs. Both sound energetic and catchy to me. Very Happy

Can you believe that the following song is already 25 years old?

關正傑 - 天籟

Have a nice day. Razz
Post 20 Jan 2009, 03:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Can you believe that the following song is already 25 years old?

關正傑 - 天籟
You are right, if I wouldn't know that this song is from the middle of 80's, I probably would think that it's quite fresh. Very good sound quality. Smile Elements of the electronic music make it close to the Marek Biliński's works! Wink Although lyrics of this song seems to be quite serious, general impression is very positive. Very Happy

I wonder if you like songs recommended by me today. These are Polish hits from 60's and 70's performed by Jacek Lech (some info about him), one of the biggest figures in the Polish pop music (you may need to turn up the volume):Enjoy! Smile
Post 20 Jan 2009, 11:51
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Jacek Lech - Warszawa jest smutna bez Ciebie
A nice song. The vocal reminds me of "Prawo i Pięść - czołówka (Nim Wstanie Dzień)" recommended by you earlier in this thread. Wink

Here you have something different today.

孫燕姿 - 天黑黑

Have a nice day. Wink
Post 21 Jan 2009, 05:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have something different today.

孫燕姿 - 天黑黑
Stefanie Sun's "Dark days" maybe is slightly different from the songs presented by you earlier, but sounds very familiar to me. Wink This is a beautiful and very moody composition. Smile Stefanie's voice is very similar to the voice of the Polish female singer, Katarzyna Groniec, master of the sung poetry:Enjoy! Smile
Post 21 Jan 2009, 11:25
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:

January 17th, is the fifth anniversary of the death of Czesław Niemen, probably the best Polish composer, singer and songwriter in the 20th century.
Of course, we all agree that musical taste, like taste in other domains, is individual, so, we can perhaps agree to disagree, but, in my opinion, Nieman is NOT the "best Polish composer...[of] the 20th century." That honor, as I have indicated previously, belongs to Henryk Gorecki, whose third symphony is one of the most important compositions of the twentieth or any other century:Gorecki.
Nor do I wish to exclude from his spectacular accomplishments, the third string quartet, which we knew only in the 21st century, so, perhaps, in that regard, you may wish to disqualify my suggestion: third string quartet.
Smile
Post 21 Jan 2009, 22:13
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Katarzyna Groniec - Czasem
Katarzyna Groniec - Poniedziałek
Very nice evening songs. Both give me a funny, yet sweet, feel. Very relaxing indeed. Very Happy

Here you have something different again.

周啟生 - 淺草妖姬

周啟生 - Anna

Have a nice day. Wink
Post 22 Jan 2009, 04:26
MHajduk

MHajduk
tom tobias

Our opinions are certainly highly subjective in such delicate matter as art, especially music. If I wrote "Czesław Niemen, probably the best Polish composer, singer and songwriter of the 20th century" I mean that in opinion of the most Poles he was most universal Polish musician of the previous 100 years. From the foreigner's perspective achievements of Polish artists and scientists could be completely differently judged than in Poland. Besides, if you ask average Pole met on the Warsaw street about greatest Polish composers of the 20th century, probably the answer will be "Krzysztof Penderecki". I could also add here another two names: Witold Lutosławski and Karol Szymanowski, which are (along with Frederic Chopin) considered best Polish composers of all times.

There is a great difference between love and respect. Wink The road to immortality leads through the human hearts. Wink
Post 22 Jan 2009, 12:41
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:

周啟生 - 淺草妖姬

周啟生 - Anna
Hehe, yes you've surprised me. Wink First song performed by Chow Kai-sang is an interesting example of the electronic music. Wink Reminds some Polish songs from the early 80's (Kombi, Lombard). The second one is more sentimental. Smile

Here you have some exemplary songs by Polish pop-rock band Lombard (vocalist Małgorzata Ostrowska):And something sentimental, song by Piotr Szczepanik:
Enjoy! Smile
Post 22 Jan 2009, 12:43
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
...if you ask average Pole met on the Warsaw street about greatest Polish composers of the 20th century, probably the answer will be "Krzysztof Penderecki". I could also add here another two names: Witold Lutosławski and Karol Szymanowski, which are (along with Frederic Chopin) considered best Polish composers of all times. ...
No disagreement.
I guess that assessment would hold up, not only in Poland, but everywhere else. As a kid, I heard of Penderecki, NOT Gorecki, and as a college student, I am sure I learned of both Lutoslawski and Szymanowski. I never knew of Gorecki until the 1980's.
No argument here, Chopin is one of the top half dozen composers of all time. For me, he is in the same category as Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Franck, Wagner, Verdi, Bizet, SaintSaens, Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff, and Shostakovich.
Gorecki is not far behind, in my opinion, surely on a par with better known composers, Bartok, Janacek, Mahler, Bruckner, Tchaikovsky, Liszt, Khatchaturian, Scriabin, and one of my all time favorites: Samuel Barber.
Post 22 Jan 2009, 18:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
Sure, we shouldn't also forget about Vivaldi, Händel, Telemann, Dvořák and Grieg... Wink
Post 22 Jan 2009, 18:34
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
Sure, we shouldn't also forget about Vivaldi, Händel, Telemann, Dvořák and Grieg...
Of course, you are correct, my list is deficient. I am ashamed to have omitted Grieg This is one of my favorite recordings:
Post 22 Jan 2009, 22:03
Borsuc

Borsuc
What do you guys think of this epic song? I like it a lot Smile

Post 23 Jan 2009, 00:57
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Piotr Szczepanik - Kochać [1967] (To love)
I like this one - very sentimental. You know my taste. Wink

Borsuc wrote:
What do you guys think of this epic song? I like it a lot.
Terrific music! Yeah, we know your taste. Wink

劉以達與夢 - 玫瑰園

劉以達與夢 - 作不了主的愛人‏

Have a nice day. Razz
Post 23 Jan 2009, 06:10
MHajduk

MHajduk
tom tobias

I also like Grieg's works very much, especially his "Peer Gynt" suite. Violin Sonatas are very light and dynamic, pleasant for the listener. Smile

Borsuc

"Protectors of the Earth (Choir) - Two Steps From Hell - Legend" simply pressed me in the chair, monumental music, excellent. Very Happy Polish composer Piotr Rubik has similar style. Here you have an example of the one of his newest music works:
YONG wrote:
劉以達與夢 - 玫瑰園
Shocked "The Rose Garden" by Tats Lau and Dream seems to be inspired by Musique concrète which uses not only sounds produced by musical instruments but also sounds becoming from the real world (sounds of Nature, industry and human activity). Wink

Second song is very beautiful and lyric. I like it. Very Happy Both musical propositions are very original and completely fresh for me. Wink

I wish to recommend today very nice song by Burmese female singer Poe Ei San. In this clip you can see famous Burmese actress and model Nandar Hlaing:Enjoy! Smile
Post 23 Jan 2009, 20:30

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: