flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
Here you have something with a nice melodic line:Wink
Post 22 Oct 2011, 22:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Picnic

Picnic
MHajduk wrote:
Simplicity of rap music makes it surprisingly similar to ancient one. Well, history has just come full circle... WinkEnjoy! Wink

Very interesting, mystical sound. Think of the time and try to imagine the atmosphere that would cause such a piece.

Rainbow Serpent (Gerd Wienekamp and Frank Specht) featuring Isagard vocals form 2010 CD 'Stranger'

Rainbow Serpent & Isgaard - Rub Al-Chali
Post 23 Oct 2011, 11:49
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Simplicity of rap music makes it surprisingly similar to ancient one. Well, history has just come full circle... WinkEnjoy! Wink

Very interesting, mystical sound. Think of the time and try to imagine the atmosphere that would cause such a piece.
Yes, that's a quite unusual feeling to hear something that most probably is an accurate interpretation of the ancient musical notation. We know now how do those music works sound like.

You know, to me such sort of MVs are something more than other YouTube videos. Everything I got to know about antiquity some time ago was described in books with a very few monochrome illustrations and maps. As a side note, I'd like to say honestly that those books were excellently written and extremely informative but absence of the graphics layer impoverished (or maybe better - "flattened") to some extent their communicate to the pure verbal space.

Now, thanks to the Internet, things look far better to me. Clay tablets seem to "talk" with a human voice, ancient statues have become three-dimensional and colored - I would even say that they have been revived in my eyes. Wink

Obviously, you may ask me why is it so much important to me. Well, unlike most of the people, I think that history can teach us how to not duplicate others' mistakes. Moreover, history unveils us a delicate net of the real ties between various nations and cultures, usually obliterated by time.
Picnic wrote:
Rainbow Serpent (Gerd Wienekamp and Frank Specht) featuring Isagard vocals form 2010 CD 'Stranger'

Absolutely transcendental track. Wink Somehow reminds me of some songs by Sarah Brightman. Smile
Post 23 Oct 2011, 13:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
A moody guitar ballad performed by the Polish indie-folk band "Twilite":Wink
Post 23 Oct 2011, 15:00
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
A moody guitar ballad performed by the Polish indie-folk band "Twilite":Wink
This is a brave recommendation. I like it. Wink
Post 24 Oct 2011, 08:21
YONG

YONG
Picnic wrote:
I don't know why - but this song almost made me sleep! Wink
Post 24 Oct 2011, 08:23
YONG

YONG
Here is the theme song of a recent Taiwanese blockbuster:

胡夏 - 那些年
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4U3Wfdyrc

Wink
Post 24 Oct 2011, 08:25
YONG

YONG
Here is something special for those who have a unique taste:

Middle Eastern Violin - Arabic Greek & Turkish Instrumentals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcjcWeJDr0

Wink
Post 24 Oct 2011, 08:33
Madis731

Madis731
Greip - Vihma Loits (direct translation: "Grapefruit - Rain Spell")
New Estonian a capella band.

Post 24 Oct 2011, 09:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Madis731 wrote:
The MV is a bit strange at the beginning, but it is fun to watch. What a fresh song choice!

Your suggestion reminds me of many other a capella music pieces. Here is the first one that came into my mind:

Metro - Under A Vast Sky (sung in Cantonese)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItVP-zxzmE

Wink
Post 25 Oct 2011, 05:51
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here is the theme song of a recent Taiwanese blockbuster:

胡夏 - 那些年
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4U3Wfdyrc
What I would like to say here may sound like a musical barbarism but it has seemed to me that I can hear there, especially at the end of the song, a couple of notes from this well known Bach composition:
YONG wrote:
Here is something special for those who have a unique taste:

Middle Eastern Violin - Arabic Greek & Turkish Instrumentals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcjcWeJDr0
Very interesting, if I had some more time to listen to the entire track (over an hour of listening) I would tell something more about it. Wink
Madis731 wrote:
Somehow I can't stop listening to this track. Wink Excellent beatboxing, catchy folk vocals and nice video. Smile
YONG wrote:
Metro - Under A Vast Sky (sung in Cantonese)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItVP-zxzmE
Superb thing. The leading singer has an exquisite timbre of voice, one of the best I've ever heard. Smile
Post 25 Oct 2011, 22:34
Picnic

Picnic
All above are very fresh and original. Good recommendations! Very Happy

A song by Vassilis Tsitsanis, a legend of Greek rebetiko music.

Vassilis Tsitsanis - Minore (1946)

A 10 minute long, beautiful guitar-based chillout song. Minimize the window and continue doing what you do.

Berlin Project - This World is For You (2010)

Enjoy.
Post 26 Oct 2011, 20:17
MHajduk

MHajduk
A couple of songs representing a "lighter" stream of music:Cheerio! Wink
Post 26 Oct 2011, 20:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
A song by Vassilis Tsitsanis, a legend of Greek rebetiko music.

Vassilis Tsitsanis - Minore (1946)
This is something definitely unique. Smile To me, this sounds like an improvisation based on the typical folk melody theme. Am I right? This way every performance of the same song is always fresh and original, like in jazz. Wink
Picnic wrote:
A 10 minute long, beautiful guitar-based chillout song. Minimize the window and continue doing what you do.

Very pleasant tune, I like its tranquilizing character. Smile
Post 27 Oct 2011, 19:01
YONG

YONG
Picnic wrote:

Wow! This is the best of your suggestions in October! Razz What a perfect background music piece! Wink
Post 31 Oct 2011, 06:19
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
T-ara - Roly Poly (South Korea)
Bro, your choice of music reflects your taste. Are you sure that you prefer mature women? Rolling Eyes The female singers in the MV look pretty young to me! Wink
Post 31 Oct 2011, 06:26
YONG

YONG
Here is a melodious music piece for my fasm friends:

童話
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABenWi0DlIU

BTW, today is Oct 31. Happy Halloween!

Wink
Post 31 Oct 2011, 06:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Bro, your choice of music reflects your taste. Are you sure that you prefer mature women? Rolling Eyes The female singers in the MV look pretty young to me! Wink
I foresaw your question and checked their age before posting it.

The female singers from this band are over 18 years old (from 18 to 26). You can get to know about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-ara
Post 31 Oct 2011, 08:51
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
I foresaw your question and checked their age before posting it.

The female singers from this band are over 18 years old (from 18 to 26). You can get to know about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-ara
Bro, no-one is trying to hurt your good image. Calm down. Eat some candies and enjoy Halloween! Wink
Post 31 Oct 2011, 10:04
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here is a melodious music piece for my fasm friends:

童話
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABenWi0DlIU
As you said, the somebody's choice of music reflects his/her taste. So this recommendation with the simple melody but well developed instrumental arrangement and elegant vocal objectively discloses the finest music taste of the recommending person. Wink
Post 01 Nov 2011, 20:33

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: