flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I suppose that you could like songs performed by one of my favourite Polish artists from the new generation, Janusz Radek. These compositions belong to the genre of "sung poetry", calming and reflective:
Janusz Radek - Pocztówka z Avignon (Postcard from Avignon)
Janusz Radek - Dziękuję za miłość (Thanks for love)
Seems that we share very similar taste! Wink The two songs are really, really beautiful! Razz
Post 01 Dec 2008, 22:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Michał Bajor is a famous Polish actor and singer. Here is very monumental song from the movie "Quo Vadis" directed by Jerzy Kawalerowicz, based on the novel "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quo_Vadis_(novel)" with the same title written by Henryk Sienkiewicz: And another song inspired, in my opinion, by the 18th century French music: Enjoy! Wink
Post 02 Dec 2008, 15:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Michał Bajor - Chciałbym (I would like)
I like this one very much - up-tempo, sweet & relaxing. Razz

Here are two semi-oldies.

蘇芮 - 憑著愛‏

Raidas - 別人的歌‏

Have a nice day! Wink
Post 03 Dec 2008, 05:29
MHajduk

MHajduk
Julie Su's song is very nice and I listened to it with pleasure. But this clip is interesting also because of its visual content. Here we can see a woman who "translates" it into the sign language, but this isn't only simple translation - this is a real pantomime/dance. I have one question here: does this person live in the "world of silence" or is only teacher for others? I suppose that your choice of the clip wasn't accidental and here we can notice some coincidences with Janusz Radek's song "Postcard from Avignon". Wink

This performance reminds me series of the Mandarin Chinese Lessons made by very nice amateur teacher - Sophie Kuo. Wink Here is an example where Sophie presents gestures used to show numbers from 1 to 10: Mandarin Chinese Lesson 2 - Numbers 1 to 10
Post 03 Dec 2008, 12:17
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I have one question here: does this person live in the "world of silence" or is only teacher for others?
In fact, she is a teacher in dactylology. In that video, she is trying to convey the meaning of the song to the hearing impaired through her gestures / body language. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
I suppose that your choice of the clip wasn't accidental and here we can notice some coincidences with Janusz Radek's song "Postcard from Avignon".
Wow! You're very observant! Wink

Here is another beautiful song.

鄭中基 (Ronald Cheng) - 無賴 (Rascal)

Have a nice day! Wink
Post 03 Dec 2008, 14:59
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yes, this is really nice song and I could swear that I've already heard something very similar... I can't recall what it was though... Smile

I wish to present here something also in optimistic and slightly "rogue" style: song composed by Polish poet and singer Grzegorz Turnau, sung in duet with Basia Stępniak-Wilk:
Title bonbonniere is an allusion, kind of poetic and humorous metaphor, to the male way of perceiving women. Wink Melody of this song reminds charleston from 1920's (example: Roaring Twenties - Oliver Naylor's Orchestra, 1925).

Enjoy! Wink
Post 03 Dec 2008, 17:01
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Basia Stępniak-Wilk & Grzegorz Turnau - Bombonierka (Bonbonniere)
This song is funny and refreshing. Its main theme is very catchy. I like it! Razz
Post 04 Dec 2008, 05:00
YONG

YONG
Not my typical style, but very catchy!

Within Temptation - Hand of Sorrow

Have a nice day! Wink
Post 04 Dec 2008, 11:10
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Not my typical style, but very catchy!

Within Temptation - Hand of Sorrow
Now you've really surprised me, YONG. Shocked Wink

Yes, this song is definitely very good. Smile This reminds me in style compositions of the Nightwish and Evanescence ("cruel" instrumental background and sweet and slightly "witchy", "Celtic" female vocal). But this isn't in my present style also. Wink I look for music which helps me to concentrate during programming work. Asian songs are the best for me, because are performed in languages which I don't know (and, consequently, lyrics don't disturb me). Wink
Post 04 Dec 2008, 14:45
Picnic

Picnic
Hi guys,
I don't have the time to comment the tracks, forgive me, but i've clicked all links posted and i enjoy music, often so much different, new listenings to me.

Sleepthief - The Dawnseeker released 2006, is an electronic downtempo album with progressive harmonics and mellow female vocals.

Sleepthief - Eurydice
Sleepthief - Sublunar
Sleepthief - Tenuous
Post 04 Dec 2008, 17:34
YONG

YONG
thimis wrote:
Sleepthief - Sublunar
I quite like this one - its main theme is very catchy. Wink
Post 05 Dec 2008, 09:33
MHajduk

MHajduk
So many thoughts, so many emotions, so many associations... and so few words to describe it all. Sad

thimis
These are with no doubt beautiful songs. Smile I liked especially two of them: "Eurydice" and "Sublunar". Very good, moody and haunted compositions.

First refers to well known myth about Orpheus and Eurydice, about eternal love stronger than death. Orpheus was an improbably talented musician - his divine beautiful singing had magic influence not only on humans, but also can calm down wild beasts, thunderstorms and other elements of nature. Eurydice, wood-nymph, was an Orpheus' beloved wife. Her death was caused by accidental snake bite. Orpheus decided to go to the Hades, World of Deads, and bring Eurydice to life. Gods of the Underground, moved by his courage and beautiful music agreed to free Eurydice under one condition: Orpheus can't look back during the whole return way to see Eurydice following him. Unfortunately divine musician broke agreement... Nothing can save Eurydice this time... she stayed in the Hades forever. Orpheus came back to the World of Livings alone and died shortly after this journey.

When I was four my parents gave me my first "serious" book. It was a Polish translation of the two Nathaniel Hawthorne's books: "A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys" and "Tanglewood Tales" printed in Poland as a one under the title "Opowieści z zaczarowanego lasu" ("Tales from the magic forest"). These are adaptations of the ancient Greek myths rewritten for children. I read it many times and sometimes I have a feeling that all these gods, heroes and nymphs are closer to me than other characters from the Polish literature... Wink When I was 19 I read Plato's "Symposium" ("http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symposium_(Plato)") and it was like a dynamite detonated in the center of my head - I can't calm down for a very long time... Shocked Yes, contact with a real beauty is important and necessary for us all, but at the same time it could be also very dangerous, especially when you realize that you aren't perfect in comparison to it... Wink

all

Let's stay for a while in this climate. Another one song about love beyond the grave. Janusz Radek performs a song with lyrics based on the poem of the Polish poet Halina Poświatowska. Very good clip made by some amateur of Janusz Radek's creations consists of pictures of the famous Polish painter Zdzisław Beksiński (gallery of his works). Beksiński was obsessed by death and influences of this dark mood are remarkable in his works.

Halina Poświatowska had a heavy heart defect which finally caused her death in age of 32. In the song presented below we can hear how this woman in love addresses her poem to the deceased husband (which also died because of heart disease). She yearns after him, describes own sorrow in the never send letters, asks if they will meet "on the other side" and afraids of the second death of the soul after the real death of the body (if they won't meet at all).Fortunately in the net exists English translation of this song lyrics:
Quote:

Untitled ("when I die my darling") - Halina Poświatowska
Translated by Marek Lugowski

when I die my darling
when I part with the sun
to become an oblong object rather sad

will you then draw me closer
embrace me
and fix what savage fate broke

I often think of you
I often write to you

silly letters -- love within them and smiles

then I hide them in the stove
let the flame jump word to word
before it calmly goes to sleep in the ashes

looking in the flame my darling
I am thinking -- what will happen
to my heart hungry for love

so please do not allow after all
for me to die in a world
which is dim and which is cold

And Polish original:
Quote:

***("kiedy umrę kochanie") - Halina Poświatowska

kiedy umrę kochanie
gdy się ze słońcem rozstanę
i będę długim przedmiotem raczej smutnym

czy mnie wtedy przygarniesz
ramionami ogarniesz
i naprawisz co popsół los okrutny

często myślę o tobie
często piszę do ciebie
głupie listy -- w nich miłość i uśmiech

potem w piecu je chowam
płomień skacze po słowach
nim spokojnie w popiele nie uśnie

patrząc w płomień kochanie
myślę -- co też się stanie
z moim sercem miłości głodnym

a ty nie pozwól przecież
żebym umarła na świecie
który ciemny jest i który jest chłodny

Last edited by MHajduk on 05 Dec 2008, 16:39; edited 1 time in total
Post 05 Dec 2008, 13:18
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Janusz Radek - Kiedy umrę kochanie
This song just blew me away!!! Razz So many thoughts, so many emotions, so many connections ... yet so few words available to describe them all. Mad This is, with no doubt, the best Polish song recommended by you so far!!! Razz Razz Razz This is what I've been searching for!!! Razz Razz Razz Unique instrumentation ... catchy melody ... excellent vocal ... and most importantly, the blue mood of the song ... I just get hooked to this song!!! Wink
Post 05 Dec 2008, 14:57
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
This is, with no doubt, the best Polish song recommended by you so far!!!
Maybe if I would describe better other songs I presented, you would like them also. Wink Simply I don't feel myself too good in English to describe all my emotions. Wink
YONG wrote:
Unique instrumentation ... catchy melody ... excellent vocal ... and most importantly, the blue mood of the song ... I just get hooked to this song!!! Wink
Yes, I can hear in this song some uncommon musical instruments: cowbell, hand-file and maybe musical saw. These all strange sounds probably imitate those produced during sharpening the blade of scythe - main attribute of the personification of Death which use it for cutting off the head of the human "condemned to death" (in the European, especially medieval, culture Death is a skeleton dressed in the long overcoat with the hood).
Post 05 Dec 2008, 17:16
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Maybe if I would describe better other songs I presented, you would like them also.
It has nothing to do with how you present the song - whether or not you write a long piece of description about it; it's all about "taste-matching"! "Janusz Radek - Kiedy umrę kochanie" just perfectly fits my taste; it's that simple. I repeatedly listened to this song for hours this afternoon, and I guess I'll continue to do so in the coming couple of days ... Razz Wink
Post 06 Dec 2008, 11:48
YONG

YONG
This is an utterly touching duet "live" performance.

Hayley Westenra & Honda Minako - Amazing Grace (in English and Japanese)

I'm moved. Are you? Wink
Post 08 Dec 2008, 04:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
This is an utterly touching duet "live" performance.

Hayley Westenra & Honda Minako - Amazing Grace (in English and Japanese)

I'm moved. Are you? Wink
Yes, this is very beautiful melody and interesting "duet", indeed. Smile Seems, that this song is popular also in Japan, if there exists even Japanese version of lyrics.

I wish to present here also two strong, clear and "colorful" female voices. I found some time ago these interesting songs from Tatarstan (part of Russia), which are based on the folk melodies - this gives them improbable power and original sound:
Post 08 Dec 2008, 16:03
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Yes, this is very beautiful melody and interesting "duet", indeed.
In that clip, Hayley Westenra is, indeed, singing that song in memory of Honda Minako, who died a couple of years ago, which is the utterly touching part! Crying or Very sad

MHajduk wrote:
Alsou - Sandugachym Guzelem
The song and the singer are both very, very beautiful! Razz Wink
Post 09 Dec 2008, 02:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
In that clip, Hayley Westenra is, indeed, singing that song in memory of Honda Minako, who died a couple of years ago, which is the utterly touching part! Crying or Very sad
Yeah, I understood well message contained in this performance. Wink
YONG wrote:
The song and the singer are both very, very beautiful! Razz Wink
I agree. Smile I like very much such sunny color of (woman's) skin. This hue I can describe as something between color of the black tea with milk (named by some Poles bawarka) and peach. Wink

Along the Volga, longest European river, live many nations with original culture and amazing history. These people are descendants of ancient civilizations with roots in various places of Euro-Asian continent. Here is an example of very beautiful Chuvash song (clip also is very interesting):I bet you'll be surprised, because arrangement of this song reminds very strongly some Chinese melodies! Smile BTW, in the ornaments on the national Chuvash clothes scientists discovered motives from the Central Asia and... even Chinese ideograms from the beginning of our era.
Post 09 Dec 2008, 12:52
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Along the Volga, longest European river, live many nations with original culture and amazing history. These people are descendants of ancient civilizations with roots in various places of Euro-Asian continent. Here is an example of very beautiful Chuvash song (clip also is very interesting):I bet you'll be surprised, because arrangement of this song reminds very strongly some Chinese melodies! Smile BTW, in the ornaments on the national Chuvash clothes scientists discovered motives from the Central Asia and... even Chinese ideograms from the beginning of our era.
Yeah, I'm really surprised, not because that song contains a lot of Chinese ingredients, but because you KNOW a broad range of music all over the world - you're amazing!!! Razz Wink
Post 09 Dec 2008, 13:06

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: