flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Loser wrote:
This is my 111th post!
Oh No! I guess Loser can't post any more! Let me continue his legacy! Wink
No problem, let it be. Wink

I found this song some time ago. I'm curious about what exactly this interesting duet (sometimes even trio) sings. I know only that this song is funny. Wink Maybe our friend YONG could explain us this in a few words. Smile
Post 11 Nov 2008, 10:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I'm curious about what exactly this interesting duet (sometimes even trio) sings ...
It's about the dialogue between Teresa (who, in the lyrics, is a teenage girl and the shopkeeper of a wine seller) and Paula (who, in the lyrics, is/should be a man/customer visiting the wine seller). Teresa falls in love with a male customer in his early twenties. Paula wants to drink with Teresa's brother but he is not there. ... Wink
Post 11 Nov 2008, 10:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Thanks. Smile This makes whole this performance more comprehensible. Smile
Post 11 Nov 2008, 10:42
YONG

YONG
See if this link works for you. Click "1. 邊緣回望".

葉德嫻 - 邊緣回望
This song is one of my favourite. The lyrics are about a person, who almost committed suicide, looking back on his/her life. Very touching indeed.

Enjoy! Wink
Post 15 Nov 2008, 09:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yes, this link works but only in Internet Explorer 7 (not in Firefox 3.0.3). Smile

Song presented by you is very interesting, because despite sad lyrics general impression which it evokes is very positive. I can even say that it's some kind of anthem devoted to life. Seems that this person overcame his/her suicidal tendencies. Wink

Style of this song: 2. 一千個討厭 reminds me slightly songs of the Simply Red group.

7. 當天...今天... is very good example of the Rock'n'Roll composition.

Generally all songs from this record are good for evening party (I almost feel smell of the warm summer night in these compositions Wink). Interesting arrangement and pleasant voice. Smile

I've tried to find some information about the singer (Ye Dexian, right?) but I've only found Chinese actress with the same name. Is it the same person?
Post 15 Nov 2008, 11:09
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
... I can even say that it's some kind of anthem devoted to life. Seems that this person overcame his/her suicidal tendencies.
Wow! It seems that you can actually "read" the song even though you don't understand the lyrics! Razz

MHajduk wrote:
I've tried to find some information about the singer (Ye Dexian, right?) but I've only found Chinese actress with the same name. Is it the same person?
Refer to this. Wink
Post 16 Nov 2008, 05:06
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
... I can even say that it's some kind of anthem devoted to life. Seems that this person overcame his/her suicidal tendencies.
Wow! It seems that you can actually "read" the song even though you don't understand the lyrics! Razz
Hehe, I only describe my emotions which these songs evoke and it seems to be a good method. Wink I believe that this language of emotions is universal and could help in real life communication if other ways fail. Smile This kind of specific "faith" in existence of the common base of all human cultures is very important for me. I simply need it to preserve internal harmony. Wink
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Refer to this. Wink
I wouldn't never guess that she is known as Deanie Ip (is it result of difference in pronunciation between Mandarin and Cantonese?). Smile
Post 16 Nov 2008, 16:31
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I wouldn't never guess that she is known as Deanie Ip (is it result of difference in pronunciation between Mandarin and Cantonese?). Smile
Yeah, I think so.

Here is another cool song for you: 黃耀明 - 友情歲月.

Enjoy! Wink
Post 17 Nov 2008, 08:59
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yes, this song is interesting because of its orchestral arrangement. Smile Anthony Wong's scenic make up is as usual very original. Wink I like this artist for his great vocal possibilities. This style reminds me slightly scenic performances of Freddie Mercury, leader of the "Queen" group.

I know that there, in Southeastern Asia, you like very much Vitas, Russian singer with extraordinary voice range. Smile Here is another example of interesting sound experiments: WinkIn my wanderings through the YouTube spaces I arrived to the Myanmar (former Burma). This clip is interesting not only from the musical point of view but also gives some information about facial beauty of this region inhabitants (now it's clear why this part of Asia is known as Indochina Wink):
And another interesting Burmese song:
Post 17 Nov 2008, 10:41
Borsuc

Borsuc
YONG wrote:
Here is another cool song for you: 黃耀明 - 友情歲月.

Enjoy! Wink
That's a nice song Smile

If you guys like "epic music", I have a few good ones I know myself and like them a lot (I'm not sure if they are on YouTube but IMO I always like to post off-line .mp3s, not only because of quality)

Cyberworld - X-Ray Dog (epic 'trailer'-kind of song Wink)

Running to the Rain - Peter Gabriel (from the Rabbit-Proof Fence OST) (also used in trailers I think)

Gracie's Recapture - Peter Gabriel (same OST)

I have more from X-Ray Dog I'll probably post them later Very Happy
Enjoy Wink

EDIT: another 'epic' kind of song (but overused IMO) is "Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell, try to search in YouTube for it.

Post 17 Nov 2008, 13:37
MHajduk

MHajduk
Borsuc

Your choices are as usual good but I have to ask you a question: could you give here some examples of modern Romanian songs? Wink I bet that you have there interesting music and I want to get to know something about it. Smile
Post 17 Nov 2008, 14:58
Borsuc

Borsuc
Not sure since I don't really listen to traditional romanian music (I don't know what "modern" means, do you mean trance/techno? well it's basically like every other such trance). The thing is that I don't really like trance or techno much, I prefer orchestral music or pop music (but not all pop). Classical music isn't something I listen to much, but SOME compositions are absolutely great (hint: I prefer "orchestral soundtrack" type of music)

The only band which I know a bit about is "3 sud est", it has a bit of good songs but most of them are not my "type" because of their trance/techno nature.

Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DduNkzf-vA ("iubire" means "love")

I'll upload a bit more X-Ray Dog epic songs (not all of them are worth it obviously, I only pick good ones Smile)

Post 17 Nov 2008, 15:44
Borsuc

Borsuc
Ok here some more if you liked those (all from X-Ray Dog this time) Smile

Indigo (this one really good)

Dark River (this one is from Vol 5 rather than 1)

Phantastic Journey (Vol 5 as well)

Post 17 Nov 2008, 16:14
MHajduk

MHajduk
Borsuc wrote:
I don't know what "modern" means, do you mean trance/techno? well it's basically like every other such trance
By "modern" I mean here songs composed/recorded during the last ~20-30 years. Wink It could be everything: rock, pop, reggae, trance, classical music etc. etc. It should "only" represent something new or unusual.
Borsuc wrote:
Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DduNkzf-vA ("iubire" means "love")
It's quite good (for me at least Wink ) I liked especially this background rhythmic section and basses... Moreover, I was very glad to listen artist singing in non-English language. Smile
Post 17 Nov 2008, 17:35
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Soe Sandar Tun - A myal tan lwan nay tal
The melody is quite catchy ... and most importantly, hehe, the singer is pretty! Wink

Borsuc wrote:
Indigo (this one really good)
You're right! This one is really cool! I like it! Razz
Post 18 Nov 2008, 04:34
YONG

YONG
Here are two beautiful songs by 王菲.

王菲 - 暗湧
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elDdzPZDq4

王菲 - 棋子
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x606k4Mf2Kw

Enjoy! Wink
Post 18 Nov 2008, 04:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Soe Sandar Tun - A myal tan lwan nay tal
The melody is quite catchy ... and most importantly, hehe, the singer is pretty! Wink
Seems that we have similar taste. Wink

Well, today I can say with no doubt that your musical propositions are beautiful. Especially the first song
YONG wrote:
王菲 - 暗湧
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elDdzPZDq4
sounds very familiar for me. This clear piano background moves the same strings of soul as Polish (or more general Slavic) music. Smile Probably real beauty is an universal value.

These songs reminds me compositions performed by Polish singer Marek Grechuta, which was representative for some genre of music, popular here till now: sung poetry.
Post 18 Nov 2008, 09:31
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Marek Grechuta - Będziesz moją panią (You'll be my lady)
This one is really interesting. I don't know why, but I just keep laughing when I listen to this song! Razz Very catchy! Wink
Post 18 Nov 2008, 13:13
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yes, this song has rather positive mood (and the clip from 60's is quite funny nowadays Wink ).

BTW, do you have mp3 of the song 王菲 - 暗湧? I fell in love with it. Wink
Post 18 Nov 2008, 13:19
YONG

YONG
See if you can record the song from this link. The quality is quite good. Wink (Just click the "Play" icon and wait.)
Post 18 Nov 2008, 13:39

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: