flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Today I'd like to present a Chinese classic:

林竹君 - 鱷魚淚 (Impossible Tears)
Yeah, I remember that you presented songs of this singer some time ago. To me, it sounds a bit pathetic (and is too sentimental as well) yet I've listened to this song with pleasure. Smile

Something from my "area of expertise" - a catchy melody with some noticeable Andean-like music motifs accompanying the funny clip telling fictitious "detective" story: WinkCheerio! Very Happy
Post 22 Jan 2011, 14:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Something from my "area of expertise" - a catchy melody with some noticeable Andean-like music motifs accompanying the funny clip telling fictitious "detective" story: Wink
What an up-tempo, energetic dance hit! Razz
Post 24 Jan 2011, 04:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Here you have a catchy music piece that may perfectly suit your taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuD9O6O-zrM
Ahmet Koç - Gurbet

Cheerio! Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 04:07
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have a catchy music piece that may perfectly suit your taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuD9O6O-zrM
Ahmet Koç - Gurbet
Excellent music video, full of pictures of life in old Istanbul (taken around the middle of the 20th century, I suppose)! The music background is also very interesting: mild and sentimental yet full of positive energy. Wink

Here you have something more ethnic - an example of overtone singing from the place of origin of the all Turkic-speaking nations, i.e. Altai Mountains:Enjoy! Smile
Post 24 Jan 2011, 10:02
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Here you have something more ethnic ...
Pop quiz:

Without using any Internet resources, name THREE ethnic minority groups in Northern Ireland. (3 marks) Laughing

My friend, how could you know so many ethnic minority groups in the world, let alone their native music? Laughing Wink

Here is the answer. Wink

Raw and grassroot yet catchy and soothing! The song even gives me a feeling of ancient Japanese music! What a unique music style! Razz Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 11:12
YONG

YONG
A bonus track for today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH45cc5G7-4
Alay sulit palar ko - Pangasinan Song

Enjoy! Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 11:15
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
My friend, how could you know so many ethnic minority groups in the world, let alone their native music? Laughing Wink

Here is the answer. Wink
Dear YONG, it's obvious that Internet is the one of the most valuable sources, but... there exists also something like elementary school education (in Poland). I mean here geography. I don't need to learn everything from Internet because my general knowledge about this world is taken mainly from the books and movies I read and watched before the Internet era.
Post 24 Jan 2011, 11:35
MHajduk

MHajduk
If I try to present here something "exotic" I do it for fun and because I want to share with all of you things I consider beautiful, that's all.
Post 24 Jan 2011, 11:46
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
A bonus track for today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH45cc5G7-4
Alay sulit palar ko - Pangasinan Song
Heart touching (and completely not my style) wonderful music track! Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 12:01
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
... my general knowledge about this world is taken mainly from the books and movies I read and watched before the Internet era.
Yeah, I know. I will give you three points. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
If I try to present here something "exotic" I do it for fun and because I want to share with all of you things I consider beautiful, that's all.
Well, you seem a bit upset. Are you having a bad day at work? Rolling Eyes Wink

Daniel Powter - You had a bad day

Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 12:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Well, you seem a bit upset. Are you having a bad day at work? Rolling Eyes Wink
Yeah, a "bad-hair day" maybe... Rolling Eyes Razz Sounds like a good American pop classic. Wink
Post 24 Jan 2011, 12:21
MHajduk

MHajduk
A chain of free associations may lead us from the distant Altai Mountains to the Mediterranean Sea basin (yeah, there exists such a path, through music and visual arts: from the songs through dance and ancient Egyptian murals to the contemporary actress, dancer and pop songstress):Enjoy! Wink
Post 25 Jan 2011, 10:02
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
A chain of free associations may lead us from the distant Altai Mountains to the Mediterranean Sea basin (yeah, there exists such a path, through music and visual arts: from the songs through dance and ancient Egyptian murals to the contemporary actress, dancer and pop songstress):
Both are up-tempo and energetic. Wink
Post 25 Jan 2011, 10:14
YONG

YONG
Here you have something similar to your suggestions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl60Jhl8Hw4
Eddie Mekjian - Ying'n araba

Wink
Post 25 Jan 2011, 10:15
YONG

YONG
Here you have a live duet of a classic love song that I like very much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXreIiqzvU#t=0m19s
側田 謝安琪 - 只怕不再遇上

Enjoy! Razz
Post 25 Jan 2011, 10:16
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have something similar to your suggestions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl60Jhl8Hw4
Eddie Mekjian - Ying'n araba

Wink
Sounds very traditional, however rhythm makes it similar to the modern pop. Wink I know only one Armenian traditional artist, an oud master, I have even a CD with his performances. I mean here Richard Hagopian:I bought this CD around 1996 for 33.50 PLN. Wink Smile

YONG wrote:
Here you have a live duet of a classic love song that I like very much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXreIiqzvU#t=0m19s
側田 謝安琪 - 只怕不再遇上
Very good dance track with remarkably tranquilizing features. Wink
Post 25 Jan 2011, 10:44
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Richard Hagopian - Dzagh E Poonch
Cool. It sounds similar to my earlier suggestion. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
... around 1996 for 33.50 PLN
≈ USD 11? Rolling Eyes

Btw, I am very interested in the stuff shelved in the upper left-hand corner of the photo. Could you give us the close-up view? Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink
Post 26 Jan 2011, 06:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
... around 1996 for 33.50 PLN
≈ USD 11? Rolling Eyes
Yeah, approximately. Smile Mean exchange rates of USD/PLN in 1996, accordingly to the archives of the National Bank of Poland, were placed between 2.47 and 2.87 (the last one is almost identical to the yesterday's), so yes, the price of the aforementioned CD was about $11-$13.

YONG wrote:
Btw, I am very interested in the stuff shelved in the upper left-hand corner of the photo. Could you give us the close-up view? Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink
Here you have a more detailed view: Wink Very Happy

Post 26 Jan 2011, 08:47
YONG

YONG
Haha ... Razz My friend, you are definitely an IT professional! Wink

Here you have an unusual Indian song:

Sad Indian Song

Enjoy! Wink
Post 26 Jan 2011, 08:58
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have an unusual Indian song:

Sad Indian Song
I like the beginning of this song - the rhythm and arrangement are quite unusual indeed. Wink Strange, I've noticed some similarities between the main male character and American actor Jeff Goldblum. Razz
Post 26 Jan 2011, 09:10

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: