flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser

I'm glad you are back. Wink
Loser wrote:
Here are two beautiful songs. (Hope that your browser supports the plugins.)
The main problem is the connection speed... I had to be very patient to listen it. Razz However, finally I can say something about these songs. Very Happy

First song reminds me slightly Russian ballads. Background orchestral instrumentation is very good. Smile Here we can feel the mood of the commedia dell'arte, funny and sad at the same time.

In the second song I can hear the voice of the singer from the "Tat Ming Pair" (this tall with long hair)... am I right? Is it made for the Chinese version of the movie "Love in the Time of Cholera"?
Post 28 Oct 2008, 09:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:

Is it made for the Chinese version of the movie "Love in the Time of Cholera"?
I have not seen the movie, (not a big fan of Benjamin Bratt) but the novel was written by a Nobel Prize winning Columbian author, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and it was filmed in Cartagena! How does one watch a Cantonese version of a movie in Poland? The soundtrack, in the English version, is recorded by Pienso En Ti. According to Wikipedia, the lead singer of Tat Ming Pair is Yiu Ming.
Smile
Post 28 Oct 2008, 10:22
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
In the second song I can hear the voice of the singer from the "Tat Ming Pair" (this tall with long hair)... am I right?
Yes. You're so smart! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Is it made for the Chinese version of the movie "Love in the Time of Cholera"?
No, I don't think so. It just happened to have that name. (tom tobias is correct.)

Tat Ming Pair (達明一派) is my favourite band (or group) in Hong Kong. Their old songs (that were written in the 80's / early 90's) are now considered, by most fans, classic! Razz
Post 28 Oct 2008, 10:50
Loser

Loser
Post 28 Oct 2008, 10:57
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser

I would prefer if you give the links to such video portals as YouTube or eventually http://www.youku.com. The sites presented by you in the previous post aren't user friendly (even partial translation doesn't help very much). They are simply completely "soundless". After all, connection speed is very low and this isn't problem with channel capacity on my side for sure. Wink

I've found in YouTube 2 from 4 songs. This song is quite good. Very Happy
Post 29 Oct 2008, 10:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
I would prefer if you give the links to such video portals as YouTube or ... The sites presented by you in the previous post aren't user friendly (even partial translation doesn't help very much). They are simply completely "soundless". After all, connection speed is very low and this isn't problem with channel capacity on my side for sure.
Yeah, I know. But the problem is that most of these songs are not available on YouTube (and even if they are, the quality is quite poor). Anyway, I'm glad that you like any of the songs I recommend! Wink
Post 29 Oct 2008, 14:52
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser

I'll be glad also if you present the songs which audio quality isn't perfect. Wink Most important for me is a possibility to widen my knowledge about culture of the other nations. Smile

Let's go for a while to Europe. Wink Till this Monday I associated Albania, the small European country, only with strong cognac, aromatic tobacco and very taste tomato paste. Wink But now I already know that there exist also music groups which perform very interesting music. Very Happy

Here are some examples of the modern music with quite remarkable influences of the folk music: And very interesting modern "incarnation" of the traditional melody:
Post 30 Oct 2008, 14:23
Loser

Loser
Semi-oldies keep coming ...

羅文 Roman Tam (1950-2002) - 幾許風雨
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=A0biDqQr03Q

林子祥 - 似夢迷離
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG5hoX7OeQ

Enjoy! Wink
Post 03 Nov 2008, 07:23
Loser

Loser
Two more ...

夏韶聲 - 結他低泣時
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAF8WrDDxs

張洪量 - 妳知道我在等妳嗎
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=1cWCzx0TYuw

Enjoy! Wink
Post 03 Nov 2008, 08:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
I liked most this song
Loser wrote:
張洪量 - 妳知道我在等妳嗎
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=1cWCzx0TYuw
because, in my opinion, has richest instrumentation (I can hear there violin, cello, electric guitar, piano and drums). Other songs are also good for those, who like very sentimental melodies. Wink

I want to present here very romantic song of the Polish reggae group Daab. I heard it for the first time exactly 23 years ago (in October/November 1985):And another Polish ballad from 1985:
Post 03 Nov 2008, 10:27
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
Other songs are also good for those, who like very sentimental melodies. Wink
Hehe, you know my taste! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Daab - Ogrodu serce (Heart of the garden)
The musical/instrumental arrangement is quite special. Very refreshing! Smile

MHajduk wrote:
Rezerwat - Zaopiekuj się mną (Take care of me)
This one makes me fall into a deep dark imaginary dimension. I quite like it! Very Happy
Post 04 Nov 2008, 04:36
Loser

Loser
See if this link works for you. (You may need to scroll down a little bit.) Click the "mp3(11,250KB)" link. Hope that it works.

夢劇場 - 我是藍鳥

Original version 僕は青い鳥 was written by 中島みゆき, a talented Japanese songwriter.

Enjoy! Wink
Post 04 Nov 2008, 09:12
MHajduk

MHajduk
Most amazing in this song
Loser wrote:
夢劇場 - 我是藍鳥
are vocal parts when the singer performs first and second verse: voice goes up and down over and over again - it reminds a flight of a bird... Believe or not, but I didn't translate the title of this song (Google Chinese-English translator says: "Dream Theater - I am a Bluebird") before I listened this a few times. Wink I was positively shocked when I got to know about it. Cool This shows that really good artist can transfer the main sense of the art work even if the receiver doesn't understand the language in which it's written. Smile

I wish to present here relatively fresh (2003) Polish song performed by duet Jan Borysewicz (one of the best Polish guitarists IMHO, from the legendary rock group "Lady Pank") and Paweł Kukiz - vocal (leader of the "Piersi" group):
Post 04 Nov 2008, 11:59
Borsuc

Borsuc
Passion of Christ - Trailer Music, not found in the soundtrack! Smile
Post 04 Nov 2008, 13:49
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
Most amazing ... are vocal parts when the singer performs first and second verse: voice goes up and down over and over again.
In fact, there are two singers. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Google Chinese-English translator says: "Dream Theater - I am a Bluebird".
Quite accurate! Actually, the English name of the group (band) is Paradox (Twin daughters of different mothers). "Dream Theater" is the literal translation.

MHajduk wrote:
I wish to present here relatively fresh (2003) Polish song performed by duet Jan Borysewicz (one of the best Polish guitarists IMHO, from the legendary rock group "Lady Pank") and Paweł Kukiz - vocal (leader of the "Piersi" group):
Excellent guitar play! The musical/instrumental arrangement is really cool! Just love it! Razz I quite like the way the video was filmed - using a slowly rotating point-of-view, and the clip from 3:22 to 3:32 is, in my opinion, the best part! (Hehe, can you recall what the clip is about? Laughing ) Wink
Post 04 Nov 2008, 13:51
Loser

Loser
Borsuc wrote:
That music is quite cool! I like it! Very Happy Btw, there were quite a lot of controversies surrounding the film. Refer to this.
Post 04 Nov 2008, 14:00
MHajduk

MHajduk
Borsuc
Borsuc wrote:
Although I'm nonbeliever, I was extremely impressed by Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ". Remarkable creations of actors, dialogs in ancient languages and vision of improbable cruel tortures of the innocent man... This moves very deeply, indeed... Soundtrack is an integral part of this performance. Smile

Loser
Loser wrote:
Excellent guitar play! The musical/instrumental arrangement is really cool! Just love it! Razz I quite like the way the video was filmed - using a slowly rotating point-of-view, and the clip from 3:22 to 3:32 is, in my opinion, the best part! (Hehe, can you recall what the clip is about? Laughing ) Wink
Yes, hehe, this part is quite funny (Borysewicz imitates that he plays non-existing keyboard). Wink I also like Matrix-like Wink rotating point of view and this shift in time when we can see some activities in the different stages at the same time. Smile
Post 04 Nov 2008, 17:06
Loser

Loser
If you are not very familiar with our galaxy, this song is for you ...

Monty Python - The Galaxy Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbEPcKa4M3s

Enjoy! Wink

EDIT: This is my 111th post!
Post 08 Nov 2008, 10:14
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser wrote:
If you are not very familiar with our galaxy...
Accordingly to the cosmic motives in this thread: it reminds me Polish rock band Universe founded in 1981. Their probably greatest hit "Mr. Lennon" says about death of John Lennon. Vocalist, guitarist and leader of this group, Mirosław Breguła, committed suicide on November 2nd, 2007.Universe band has own internet radio: Radio Universe
Post 08 Nov 2008, 11:00
YONG

YONG
Loser wrote:
This is my 111th post!
Oh No! I guess Loser can't post any more! Let me continue his legacy! Wink

Here is a magnificent vocal duet song.

葉振棠 麥恚誠 - 難為正邪定分界 (It's Hard to Draw a Line between Good and Evil)
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=Oq-5UDm4H7Y

The regular voice refers to the voice of a human, whereas the low one refers to the voice of a devil.

Enjoy! Wink
Post 11 Nov 2008, 05:52

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: