flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Something fresh:

鄧紫棋 - 愛現在的我

Wink
Really charming female voices and joyful, up-tempo rhythm. Smile

BTW, I've noticed that in choruses of many Chinese and Japanese pop songs we can hear some English phrases (sometimes, as in this particular example, we can even recognize words borrowed from American slang). Interesting "fusion" of languages, but still quite unusual to me. Wink
Post 21 Mar 2010, 10:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Yes, YONG, you are right, I've recommended a few examples of their unique and excellent music style. Smile Do you remember "Takie tango"or "Martwe morze"? If memory serves me right you were truly fascinated by the first of above mentioned compositions. Wink
Yes, I do. The characteristic deep low voice of the leading male singer triggers my recollection! Wink
Post 21 Mar 2010, 10:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Something you may like, calm and moody song performed by a singer with a mild and low voice:Wink
Post 22 Mar 2010, 18:07
MHajduk

MHajduk
I'm sure that YONG will classify the song presented below as in "typical MHajduk style" and he'll be right, of course. Wink This dynamic and cheerful music piece performed by Uzbek female singer Feruza (do not confuse with Feruza Jumaniyozova, another famous Uzbek artist Wink ) from the former Se Tanho group is presented in this video like Greek goddess of the harvest and fertility, Demeter or personification of Spring.

In Uzbekistan and other countries which inherited some Persian traditions, till now day of the vernal equinox, i.e. first day of Spring (around 21th March) is celebrated as a beginning of the new year and called Nowruz (Navruz in Uzbekistan, I recommend lecture of this article). This holiday was lately officially registered by UNESCO as a part of the Cultural Heritage of Humanity:
Wikipedia wrote:
The UN's General Assembly in 2010 recognized the International Day of Nowruz, describing it a spring festival of Persian origin which has been celebrated for over 3,000 years. During the meeting of The Inter-governmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Heritage of the United Nations, held between 28 September – 2 October 2009 in Abu Dhabi, Nowrūz was officially registered on the UNESCO List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Here you have above mentioned track:Enjoy! Wink
Post 22 Mar 2010, 20:44
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Something you may like, calm and moody song performed by a singer with a mild and low voice:Wink
Relaxing and catchy. A peaceful evening song. Wink

An energetic Uzbek song by Sevinch Muminova:

You don't know me!

Razz
Post 23 Mar 2010, 11:55
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I'm sure that YONG will classify the song presented below as in "typical MHajduk style" and he'll be right, of course. Wink

No, my friend, this song is nowhere near the "typical MHajduk style" territory. Why? The excellent MV inserts an extra layer of animated graphics, masking the song with a virtual reality world that gives the audience an unlimited space of imagination. Wow! My friend, you've evolved! Razz Wink Yeah, I know. That was a bit exaggerated. Actually, to me, the song was quite MHajduk! Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:15
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:

You don't know me!

Razz
No, my friend, I know this song very well since over 3 years and I presented it here already:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=98244#98244Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:30
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
I'm sure that YONG will classify the song presented below as in "typical MHajduk style" and he'll be right, of course. Wink

No, my friend, this song is nowhere near the "typical MHajduk style" territory. Why? The excellent MV inserts an extra layer of animated graphics, masking the song with a virtual reality world that gives the audience an unlimited space of imagination. Wow! My friend, you've evolved! Razz Wink Yeah, I know. That was a bit exaggerated. Actually, to me, the song was quite MHajduk! Wink
I see no logical reason for such remarks unless you are simply in a bad mood or tired with your everyday life. Wink Oh, wait... maybe my description of the Nowruz holiday made you so mad. Razz I always forget that I shouldn't make such cultural digressions here, because it's annoying for others... I'm terribly sorry for all that. Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:40
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:

You don't know me!

Razz
No, my friend, I know this song very well since over 3 years and I presented it here already:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=98244#98244Wink
Yeah, I know. Laughing
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:45
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I see no logical reason for such remarks unless you are simply in a bad mood or tired with your everyday life. Wink Oh, wait... maybe my description of the Nowruz holiday made you so mad. Razz I always forget that I shouldn't make such cultural digressions here, because it's annoying for others... I'm terribly sorry for all that. Wink
I was just kidding ... and it had nothing to do with the Nowruz holiday. Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:49
YONG

YONG
Something fresh and catchy:

張繼聰 - 永和號

Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 12:55
YONG

YONG
A sad song from a touching movie "The Lovely Bones":

Too sad for MHajduk, yet perfect for YONG

Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 13:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Something fresh and catchy:

張繼聰 - 永和號

Wink
Not only fresh and catchy but also very pleasant for listener. Wink

BTW, could you tell me something more about this MV and mysterious "YongHe Road"? I guess that scenes presented in this clip were shot in HK? I've looked for some information about "YongHe Road" in Google and found that it was a famous HK grocery store. Has it anything to do with this song? Rolling Eyes
Post 23 Mar 2010, 13:17
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
A sad song from a touching movie "The Lovely Bones":

Too sad for MHajduk, yet perfect for YONG

Wink
Yeah, that's true, I'm not an amateur of such kind of music. Too sad for me but yet it's beautiful and has meaningful lyrics. Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 13:22
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
BTW, could you tell me something more about this MV and mysterious "YongHe Road"?
No, I won't - because you didn't say please! Twisted Evil Wink

Well, the title of the song could mean the name of a ship or that of some old grocery store. The lyrics seem to point to the history of the old HK. Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 13:47
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Two quite fresh songs that I like:

Avril Lavigne - Alice (Underground) (nice HD video)
Katie Melua - The Flood

And, as a bonus, some quite old music that I like in original Adlib sound: The Music of Video Games - Dune
Post 23 Mar 2010, 14:34
edfed

edfed
Post 23 Mar 2010, 17:53
MHajduk

MHajduk
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Two quite fresh songs that I like:

Avril Lavigne - Alice (Underground) (nice HD video)
Really stunning MV but, frankly, what else we could expect from the Walt Disney Studios? Wink Talking about musical layer, I like "Celtic" character of Avril's vocalization and dynamic, impressive rhythm. Smile
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Katie Melua - The Flood
As a singer with a Georgian origin, Katie Melua performs song which contains noticeable Eastern motives what joined with her amazing voice results in a unique effect. Smile
Post 23 Mar 2010, 18:49
MHajduk

MHajduk
My today's musical proposition for all my friends and penpals - lovely song by my favorite Russian singer, Alsou:Wink
Post 23 Mar 2010, 19:14
rugxulo

rugxulo
(This thread has gone on forever! Yikes!!!) Wink

Oh well, it's not really just a beautiful song, more of an elaborate video (although the tune is good too). It's fairly new, so maybe you haven't heard of it yet (though I wouldn't be surprised).

OK Go - This Too Shall Pass
Post 23 Mar 2010, 22:18

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: