flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Loser

Loser
Nuttin but stringz - Broken Sorrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S3WtJYgy1Q

Electrifying and sensational! Razz
Post 10 Sep 2008, 02:53
MHajduk

MHajduk
This is a very good piece of music, Loser! Very Happy These "Stringz" are better than a cup of coffee in the morning. Wink Very energizing, indeed.

In response to that I want to present here Vanessa-Mae, which is an fascinating violin player - she joins classical "background" with a new, pop & techno sounds. I listened to her for the first time in 1995 and I was simply charmed by this music. Some information from Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:
Vanessa-Mae Vanakorn Nicholson (born October 27, 1978), known professionally as Vanessa-Mae (in Chinese: 陳美, Chén Měi), is an internationally known Singaporean-born British pop and classical musician, especially noted for her violin skills. Her music style is self-described as "violin techno-acoustic fusion," as several of her albums prominently feature the techno style.

(...)

Vanessa-Mae was born in Singapore to a Thai father (Varaprong Vanakorn) and a Chinese mother (Pamela Tan). After her parents separated, her mother married Englishman Graham Nicholson, and the family moved to England when Vanessa-Mae was four years old. She grew up in London and is a British citizen.

(...)

Vanessa-Mae began playing piano at the age of three and violin at five.
And some examples of her amazing performances:
Post 10 Sep 2008, 10:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Loser

Loser
Of course, I've heard of Vanessa-Mae, MHajduk! Very Happy Her music is a crossover between classical and modern. Very refreshing, indeed. Very Happy

In response to that I'd like to present here Escala, an electronic string quartet. Here is some background information:
Quote:
Escala (previously known as Scala, then eScala) are an electronic string quartet, from London, England who rose to fame when they performed on the second series of Britain's Got Talent on ITV1 in May 2008.

The four members of the group met in 2006 when they were part of the string section on tour with McFly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escala_(group)

And some examples of their amazing performances:

Escala - BGT Semifinal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpv6xBfzsEw

Escala - BGT Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suM2BJivIZs

Enjoy! Wink
Post 11 Sep 2008, 04:08
Borsuc

Borsuc
What do you guys think of this song?

The Aquarium. It's a track from the movie Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. Most of the album sucks but this track is great IMO.

Smile
Post 14 Sep 2008, 14:14
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Talking about crap albums with one good song I think that the Icehouse album Primitive Man is 'not good' but has one good track - Great Southern Land. The track is in the movie Young Einstein also.
Post 14 Sep 2008, 14:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
On the opposite scale for albums with all good songs we have "Monty Python Sings" (1989). One especially good song on the album is the "Galaxy Song" from the movie "The meaning of life".

Description: Front cover
Filesize: 23.99 KB
Viewed: 4725 Time(s)

[Front] Monty Python Sings (1989).jpg

Post 14 Sep 2008, 15:09
Picnic

Picnic
Hi guys,

Asura blends dance, trance, ambient and world music elements into a musical gumbo.
Asura is a French electronic group, made up of producer Charles Farewell, flutist Christopher Maze, and bassist/guitarist Alex Ackerman.
The band builds many of their tracks around sampled vocals, including Turkish, African and Guinean vocalists, along with western choral and solo samples.

Asura - Land & Freedom
Asura - Lost Eden
Asura - Raindust
Post 14 Sep 2008, 18:37
Loser

Loser
A Chinese classical: Butterfly Lovers 梁祝

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVwaPb4xyg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16QSyhpsHKo

The first two, three minutes are breathtaking!

Enjoy! Wink
Post 16 Sep 2008, 03:48
Loser

Loser
Here is an awesome song. Even though I'm not religious, I have to admit that this song is so beautiful!

Kamelot - Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nPcIi2cow

Enjoy! Wink
Post 16 Sep 2008, 11:56
MHajduk

MHajduk
I wish this thread to be more popular, because something unusual is going here. You, guys, proposed so much beautiful and ethereal music here so I'm simply stoned and charmed now (the day when my English vocabulary will be completely insufficient is coming very quickly Wink hehe). Despite of my present euphoric state I'll try to write something rational about these songs. Wink

The_Grey_Beast
Composition presented by you is surprising, because it has uncommon (in my opinion) internal structure: consists of a few musical interesting, different themes however, of course, main melody line is the same. Very Happy

thimis
I liked especially one from the Asura's songs presented in your post: Lost Eden (this male vocal is such "Byzantine" and seems to be taken from the Orthodox Church liturgy, but I can be wrong here). I've found another one composition which shows strong Eastern influence: Asura - Incoming (I can swear I heard here some Hindu and Polynesian or Melanesian tribal rhythms). Very Happy

Loser
At the beginning I thought that it's another one "usual" Western classical composition, but when I heard how Lu Si-qing plays violin (in some moments I had a feeling that he plays er-hu!), I understood that I was wrong. Wink I always look for music which can drop me down on the ground (by its power) and take to heaven (by its beauty) at the same time. Very Happy
Post 16 Sep 2008, 14:19
Loser

Loser
The saddest song ever written ...

Damien Rice - Nine Crimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNvlcnquJVs

This song perfectly suits me, a loser! Sad Wink
Post 21 Sep 2008, 10:34
Loser

Loser
Post 27 Sep 2008, 09:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser

Probably I heard this song for the first time in my life. Smile First version seems to be recorded somewhere in 1940's or 1950's in my opinion. The second version (from Dutch Idol) is a much better: this singer has a stronger and clearer voice and really impresses.

Funny, some time ago (about year 2000) I even started to learn Dutch (I was fascinated by Dutchmen free-thinking, rich culture and well-ordered country) but I quit it. Smile

This world is full of historical and cultural connections, sometimes invisible but always real, which cover this world. Discovering these magic threads is exciting but is possible only for those who throw away own superstitions and hide political opinions into the box and bury it deep in the ground. Wink

There is an excellent example which shows surprising connections between the Netherlands, Poland, Russia and Uzbekistan, something what joins history of the last thousand years, music and information technology. These connections may be shown on the example of polish singer Anna German very well known in Russia and other countries of the former USSR (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_German). She was born in Urgench in Uzbekistan (former USSR republic), capital of the Khorazm Province, homeland of the Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi (father of the modern algebra; Latinized form of his name gives an origin for word algorithm - since connection with IT Wink). Anna German was a descendant of the Dutch Mennonites invited to Russia by Catherine II in 18th century. In Poland Mennonites were present earlier - since 16th century (they were settled mainly in the delta of the Vistula River).

Anna German sang in Polish, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Latin and German. Here are some examples of her excellent voice possibilities:
Very Happy
Post 28 Sep 2008, 16:50
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
Probably I heard this song for the first time in my life. First version seems to be recorded somewhere in 1940's or 1950's in my opinion.
Check this out. You can't miss the soundtrack of the 1965 movie musical. Here is one of the most famous songs in the soundtrack.

The Sound of Music - Do-Re-Mi
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=pdf_cBf6Wok

Enjoy! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Funny, some time ago (about year 2000) I even started to learn Dutch ...
Hehe, can you translate the interview part of that Dutch Idols clip into English? Wink

Btw, Nikki won that Dutch Idols contest. Refer to this.

MHajduk wrote:
Anna German - Maybe (song in Polish)
That song is beautiful! I love it! Razz
Post 29 Sep 2008, 04:06
MHajduk

MHajduk
Loser wrote:
Check this out. You can't miss the soundtrack of the 1965 movie musical. Here is one of the most famous songs in the soundtrack.

The Sound of Music - Do-Re-Mi
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=pdf_cBf6Wok
Most likely I missed whole this musical (I don't remember if I watched it) Wink. But I know such musicals as "Hair" and "Fiddler on the roof" (last one is really full of very beautiful songs; this is an example: Sunrise, sunset). Smile
Loser wrote:
Hehe, can you translate the interview part of that Dutch Idols clip into English? Wink
If I were a Dutchman... Wink I wish I could translate it but I only started reading and writing Dutch... understanding live speech is most difficult in every language (in my opinion). Smile

I'm glad you liked Anna German's song. Very Happy

Discovering the music world by YouTube is probably the cheapest form of the tourism Wink - recently, during my "trip" to Indochina, I found interesting singer from Thailand. Tai Oratai sings compositions representing mix of various music influences:
Post 29 Sep 2008, 11:55
Borsuc

Borsuc
Those songs are good, especially the second one, I like traditional orchestral music, and ethnic instruments. I like how the flute complements her voice Wink

Here two songs from the great movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

Farewell
A Love before Time

Smile

Post 29 Sep 2008, 16:56
Loser

Loser
MHajduk wrote:
Tai Oratai - Sau Kau Sau Hau Ruk (some kind of "Thai Cha-Cha")
Here is something similar, but in a different language:

愛拼才會贏
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuhGAvcoXI

Enjoy! Wink
Badger, aka Borsuc, wrote:
Here two songs from the great movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".
These tracks are cool, of course. That movie won four Academy Awards, including Best Music, Original Score (Tan Dun)! Wink I love that movie very much! Razz
Post 30 Sep 2008, 03:41
Borsuc

Borsuc
Time for two beautiful but sad music, from "Infernal Affairs 3" movie:

Farewell
Ending

it touches me and makes me think about stuff more deeply SadWink

Post 30 Sep 2008, 11:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
Borsuc & Loser

I also like this movie very much, especially fight scene in the bamboo forest. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" is full of such spatial, fantastic, well painted scenes, not to mention about great dose of romanticism. Very Happy

However, my interest in Asia isn't evoked by superheroes denying of the gravity force Wink - I'm impressed by long and amazing history, sophisticated philosophy and, of course, improbable dynamic economical progress in the last years worked out by usual people. Countries of the South-Eastern Asia proved they are Crouching Tigers, strong and dynamic. I hope that in the near future they transform into real Dragons, conscious of the own power, wise and stable. Then, for sure, magic phoenix Fenghuang will stay there for a long time bringing prosperity and peace. Very Happy

Despite of fact that full cycle of the Chinese calendar is equal to 60 years, I, as a Fire Dragon, am waiting for the year 2012 (nearest year of the Dragon). Cool
Post 30 Sep 2008, 11:41
Loser

Loser
Here is another beautiful (but a little bit sad) song.

Ingrid Michaelson - Corner of Your Heart
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=OUuJPeYAAPs

Enjoy! Wink
Post 11 Oct 2008, 09:37

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: