flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:
林子祥 - 究竟天有幾高
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jskMuz4j7Ak
Hmm... this joyful and optimistic song by George Lam resembles very strongly one of the famous Polish pop hits of 70's sung by Tadeusz Woźniak:
While the style is similar, the melody is not. Wink
Well, I haven't said that these songs have identical melodies but some association led me to the Tadeusz Woźniak's hit (and gave me a good excuse to make some interesting comparison). Wink As you probably noticed already, my talk method is mainly based on the (sometimes strange or unusual) associations. It's quite good method of ordering and memorizing various informations about the surrounding world. Wink
Post 25 Jan 2010, 08:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here you have a catchy cover:

雷安娜 - 別了憂鬱
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REexxZ5-sY

and the original:

LENA VALAITIS - Johnny Blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3N_hJ_SOs
I'm not sure if I heard this song before (but it's very likely). Smile And I'm not especially surprised that "Johnny Blue" took the second place in the Eurovision contest in 1981, because it's sentimental and has catchy, light melody. This music piece preserved characteristic climate of those times (like an amber which sometimes includes bubbles of the prehistoric air). Wink
Post 25 Jan 2010, 08:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Referring to the Johnny Blue's guitar amazing play Wink I wish to present here a famous heart moving Russian song from the movie "Два бойца" ("Two Soldiers") [recorded in 1943]:
Post 25 Jan 2010, 08:55
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Referring to the Johnny Blue's guitar amazing play Wink I wish to present here a famous heart moving Russian song from the movie "Два бойца" ("Two Soldiers") [recorded in 1943]:
Dark and sad, yet touching! Wink

Here you have something energetic and catchy:

楊千嬅 - 烈女

Razz
Post 25 Jan 2010, 14:37
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:

楊千嬅 - 烈女
I like Miriam Yeung's voice - it's so pleasant and mild. Wink Again, this song sounds familiar to me due to the trumpet arrangement which is amazingly similar to the one in the Zbigniew Wodecki's famous hits (I mean here mainly "Zacznij od Bacha" which was mentioned in this thread already). Smile

I have also an interesting music suggestion for you. Melody is superb in my opinion (but I don't like the words, hehe Razz):Wink
Post 25 Jan 2010, 15:35
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:

楊千嬅 - 烈女
I like Miriam Yeung's voice - it's so pleasant and mild. Wink Again, this song sounds familiar to me due to the trumpet arrangement which is amazingly similar to the one in the Zbigniew Wodecki's famous hits (I mean here mainly "Zacznij od Bacha" which was mentioned in this thread already). Smile
Hehe, let's see if you'd like the trumpet arrangement in the following song:

Galaxy Express 999 - Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TR_gRl2IL8

MHajduk wrote:
I have also an interesting music suggestion for you. Melody is superb in my opinion (but I don't like the words, hehe Razz):Wink
Excellent choice - you know my taste! Razz
Post 26 Jan 2010, 05:40
YONG

YONG
I guess some of our comrades may like the following theme music:

999 Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diY4MdMd3t4

Smile
Post 26 Jan 2010, 05:48
YONG

YONG
Another unbeatable melodious love song:

薛凱琪 方大同 - 復刻回憶
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZsqpAtbGYI

Razz
Post 26 Jan 2010, 06:00
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Hehe, let's see if you'd like the trumpet arrangement in the following song:

Galaxy Express 999 - Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TR_gRl2IL8
Uplifting melody and wise, hopeful lyrics. Smile Here you have another song "on the train theme" (pay attention to the clip, because it's very funny Wink ):
Post 26 Jan 2010, 09:44
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
I guess some of our comrades may like the following theme music:

999 Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diY4MdMd3t4

Smile
Extremely anxious and "cold" music theme. Wink
YONG wrote:
Another unbeatable melodious love song:

薛凱琪 方大同 - 復刻回憶
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZsqpAtbGYI

Razz
Very pleasant and calming tune. Fiona Sit is a truly talented singer and very attractive woman! I enjoyed very much watching this video. Very Happy
Post 26 Jan 2010, 10:06
MHajduk

MHajduk
Something dynamic and cheerful:Wink
Post 26 Jan 2010, 10:11
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Here you have another song "on the train theme" (pay attention to the clip, because it's very funny Wink ):
Very pleasant and cheerful. A train journey indeed reflects all walks of life. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Rigzin Dolma - Ngala khayak mashe
Hehe, it seems that you like Tibetan music very much. Wink
Post 26 Jan 2010, 13:02
YONG

YONG
How about a clip showing a typical Hong Kong apartment in the 60s & 70s?

A music clip from the HK movie 新不了情
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTcJmeMjnfo

Wink
Post 26 Jan 2010, 13:08
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Hehe, it seems that you like Tibetan music very much. Wink
Yeah, that's true. I like Tibetan (contemporary) music because it's very catchy due interesting rhythms and sentimental melodic lines based on the folk motives. Furthermore, it has also other valuable features like, for example, repetitive motives which allow listener to enter in some kind of positive trance and concentrate on the conceptual work. Wink I mean here mainly my own case - I don't know how other people receive it. Wink
Post 26 Jan 2010, 17:24
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
How about a clip showing a typical Hong Kong apartment in the 60s & 70s?

A music clip from the HK movie 新不了情
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTcJmeMjnfo

Wink
Bravura performance of the famous "In The Mood", well known swing classic from the Glenn Miller's Orchestra repertoire. Very Happy

Well, I have to admit that I've noticed mainly people inside the apartment, not apartment itself. Wink Razz You know, I enjoy very much looking at human faces, especially when they are beautiful or simply have some interesting, unique features (kind of extravagant hobby, hehe). Razz Sometimes I regret not being a painter or professional photographer because there, in the human world, are many inspiring situations which deserve to be "immortalized" on canvas or photographic film. Wink
Post 26 Jan 2010, 17:49
Picnic

Picnic
Something new and fresh, New Age artist David Wahler, i think you'll enjoy.
Teresa and Hyacinthus.

copy-paste comments: David Wahler's music has depth, light and texture.....that somehow parts the fabric of time and lets me drift into an unknown, ancient universe.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davidwahler
Post 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
Something new and fresh, New Age artist David Wahler, i think you'll enjoy.
Teresa and Hyacinthus.
Yes, Picnic, I enjoyed it very much. Smile Although given link provides only short fragments of these music pieces, from the first sounds I knew that it's something special. I found in YouTube whole second track. You may listen to it here:As most of you probably know already, names of such flowers as hyacinthus and narcissus come from the ancient Greek mythology. In fact, they originate from the older, pre-Indo-European language named by linguists Pelasgian and are probably somehow related to the Minoan mythology. History of these names can be traced back about 5000 years into the past and their archaic forms (hyakinthos, narkissos) containing roots "-nth-" and "-ss-" can be found in numerous Greek toponyms such as for example Knossos, Zakynthos (one of the Ionian Islands near the Ithaca, homeland of Odysseus), Corinth and many others.

Interesting that the same root could be found also in the name of the legendary ancient port in the Southwestern Spain Tartessos. Maybe the same Aegean people founded this city?

I hope you forgive me this short historical and linguistic digression because I simply can't resist. Wink

And something for the improvement of mood - nice song by Polish group "Łzy":
Post 27 Jan 2010, 10:32
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Sometimes I regret not being a painter or professional photographer because there, in the human world, are many inspiring situations which deserve to be "immortalized" on canvas or photographic film.
No need to regret, my friend. You can give up your programming job (which is very boring, speaking from experience Cool ) and pursuit a career in photography! Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. Wink But I strongly suggest you find a loaded girlfriend first - Just in case you can't make a living out of taking photos, you can still rely on her financially ...
Post 28 Jan 2010, 09:17
YONG

YONG
Post 28 Jan 2010, 09:25
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
Sometimes I regret not being a painter or professional photographer because there, in the human world, are many inspiring situations which deserve to be "immortalized" on canvas or photographic film.
No need to regret, my friend. You can give up your programming job (which is very boring, speaking from experience Cool ) and pursuit a career in photography! Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. Wink But I strongly suggest you find a loaded girlfriend first - Just in case you can't make a living out of taking photos, you can still rely on her financially ...
Oh Gosh, YONG... you just hit home. Wink Although programming work isn't so much boring to me, it's rather frustrating. Razz But, from the other hand, I just can't give up, too much work was done... I have to be consequent and complete projects I started some time ago. Wink

Referring to the photography, I found lately very interesting internet portal where talented photographers present their works. Here you have some links that, I guess, you may be interested in:Very Happy
Post 28 Jan 2010, 09:58

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: