flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Post 10 Jan 2010, 09:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Don't worry! Your insulating layer is thick enough to keep you warm in the snow ... hehe ... Laughing Wink
Hey you! Don't be so smart, skinny superman. Wink

If we are talking about such shitty factors as BMI, I propose you to calculate it for Polish strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski, winner of the five World's Strongest Man competitions (in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008). For your information, his weight is 127 kg (accordingly to the latest data from English Wikipedia) and height 186 cm, so calculated BMI=36.7.


Do you think that Pudzianowski is a heavily obese man (BMI >= 30)? In my opinion, he isn't, so don't tell me about this crappy BMI factor anymore, because it's just ridiculous!
Post 10 Jan 2010, 12:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
Nice and serene song. Smile Gives bright and positive feelings to everyone who listen to it. Wink
Post 10 Jan 2010, 14:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:
Don't worry! Your insulating layer is thick enough to keep you warm in the snow ... hehe ... Laughing Wink
Hey you! Don't be so smart, skinny superman. ..., so don't tell me about this crappy BMI factor anymore, because it's just ridiculous!
OK, man. No more BMI discussion.

I wanted to point out this a long long time ago. I didn't - because I needed to make more observations first before jumping to conclusions. But your reaction (shown above) has finally confirmed my hypothesis.

Has anyone told you that you're hypersensitive to criticism? Rolling Eyes

Take it easy, fit man!

Wink


Last edited by YONG on 11 Jan 2010, 09:15; edited 2 times in total
Post 11 Jan 2010, 02:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 4633
Location: Argentina
LocoDelAssembly
I not consider this precisely beautiful but I think you'll enjoy the performance: Yanni - The Storm (If it doesn't start at 02m08s skip to that point because you may find it a little boring at the beginning)

If the link doesn't work at all then use this
Post 11 Jan 2010, 03:29
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
I not consider this precisely beautiful but I think you'll enjoy the performance: Yanni - The Storm (If it doesn't start at 02m08s skip to that point because you may find it a little boring at the beginning)

If the link doesn't work at all then use this
Yes, it works. What a perfect interpretation of a classic! Razz
Post 11 Jan 2010, 09:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
YONG wrote:
I wanted to point out this a long long time ago. I didn't - because I needed to make more observations first before jumping to conclusions. But your reaction (shown above) has finally confirmed my hypothesis.
Was it so hard to say just "I'm sorry, it was a stupid joke" instead to write such pseudo-scientific sentences? We are here to create some less or more friendly contacts, not to make tests in vivo on the other forumers.
YONG wrote:
Has anyone told you that you're hypersensitive to criticism? Rolling Eyes
I'd rather say that my reaction was too gentle to such provocative and offensive joke. Reaction of an average Pole to such argumentum ad personam, i.e. rude comment referring to the interlocutor (see Arthur Schopenhauer's "Die eristische Dialektik") would be, for sure, more aggressive in words and deeds. Wink
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
I not consider this precisely beautiful but I think you'll enjoy the performance: Yanni - The Storm...
Yeah, I like Antonio Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" ("Le quattro stagioni"), especially some parts of "Autumn" and "Winter":Georg Philipp Telemann's "Don Quixote" suite part VI (Rosinante Galloping) is also one of the most moving Baroque music pieces to me:Smile
Post 11 Jan 2010, 13:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
... it was a stupid joke ... such provocative and offensive joke ...
Let's take a look at the CONTEXT of our communications.

First, here are two quotes from you:
(1) wrote:
OK, you have found one of my "faults" finally.
By "fault", you meant the fact that you're a bit overweight according to the BMI definition.
(2) wrote:
Hehe, I'm going to decrease amount of my "fat". We have -5°C (-12°C at night) now and I have to chop and saw some wood for oven.
You admitted that you were working out to lose weight.

Knowing that you were stuck at home or at work due to the snow storm, I wrote the so-called "stupid" joke, hoping to bring you some laugher. (And I completely failed.)

Now, here comes the big question: Would an average Pole, in the given context, consider my joke "provocative and offensive"? Rolling Eyes

What's your answer?

Do you know you're looking a mirror right now? You're looking at your own reflection - a reflection showing YOUR DARK SIDE: You are, very often, too sensitive to what other people say.

I'm sorry, not for my "stupid" joke, but for the fact that you ignored the most important part of my last post: Take it easy, man!

I guess this is probably the last friendly comment I will ever give you: If you were trying to say "somewhat", you should use "more or less" which is idiomatic. You can't reverse the order - this is not a programming language.

Take care.

Wink
Post 12 Jan 2010, 14:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
Well, seems that again I have to make a first step to reconciliation despite of fact that I feel offended, SIGH. Sad
  • Firstly, I wish to thank you for your elaborated and gentle post. It's the first time since we started to correspond to each other when you wrote such long post. Usually, you answered in a very laconic style. Wink

  • Secondly, this discussion is really off-topic here and it would be better that I don't answer to your post, but I really have to. Especially those, who didn't read carefully whole this thread could "jump to the conclusion" that I'm a real jerk, what isn't true.

  • Thirdly, I'm known here under my real name (my nick consists of the first letter of my name and my last name), so I have to protect my good image. I wish to do it as much gentle as I could, because I like your very much, YONG, and, consequently, I don't want to hurt you with my words. You have much comfortable situation, because you're somehow anonymous. Wink
So, let's take a look at your comment first:
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
... it was a stupid joke ... such provocative and offensive joke ...
Let's take a look at the CONTEXT of our communications.

First, here are two quotes from you:
(1) wrote:
OK, you have found one of my "faults" finally.
By "fault", you meant the fact that you're a bit overweight according to the BMI definition.
(2) wrote:
Hehe, I'm going to decrease amount of my "fat". We have -5°C (-12°C at night) now and I have to chop and saw some wood for oven.
You admitted that you were working out to lose weight.
Everybody, who read it may say that is really brilliant example of argumentum ad hominem, i.e. "pointing out the contradistinction between the previously expressed opinions of your interlocutor and his present statement" (again, one of the typical eristic "tricks"). Wink

But in fact, the "context" of this case is quite different - you've presented it in the wrong perspective. I have to recall some facts which will correct it:
  1. In September 2009 I posted my photo in the "FASM forum members" thread to prove you that I really have a moustache (yes, in the current thread you asked me about it). Unfortunately, this photo was taken in hurry, so I was in the very wide linen T-shirt, which I put in my trousers. Visual effect was that T-shirt "bulged out" what made a illusion that I'm abnormally fat (I will say it again: I have only 85 kg weight and 183 cm height). Shocked Yeah, I should consider change of this photo to another, much better composed.

  2. Your answer to it was:
    YONG in this post wrote:
    I'm shocked! Shocked How could you have that waist size? Wink
    It was the first moment when you made not very pleasant comment assuming that something what in fact doesn't exist is true. How could you make such assumption?

  3. In December 2009 numerous times you asked me "what I have under the belly button":
    YONG in this post wrote:
    I guess your bright side is too strong - we are not going to see your dark side any time soon. Sad But I still want to know: What is hidden under your belly button? Laughing
    To end this ridiculous discussion I "agreed", especially for peace of your mind, with my "overweight" (you quoted these sentences in your post above).

So, this was the real CONTEXT of the whole discussion.

Finally, on last Sunday, you "regaled" me with this unfortunate joke. Confused Maybe my reaction was too intensive, but I was just fed up with it.
YONG wrote:
Do you know you're looking a mirror right now? You're looking at your own reflection - a reflection showing YOUR DARK SIDE: You are, very often, too sensitive to what other people say.
If this is really my "dark side" then I'm an angel. Wink OK, talking seriously, I'll take into consideration what you wrote here.
YONG wrote:
I'm sorry, not for my "stupid" joke, but for the fact that you ignored the most important part of my last post: Take it easy, man!
Let it be, I'll take it as your apology. Smile
YONG wrote:
I guess this is probably the last friendly comment I will ever give you: If you were trying to say "somewhat", you should use "more or less" which is idiomatic. You can't reverse the order - this is not a programming language.
This sounds like some kind of emotional blackmail to me Wink - you perfectly know that I want to talk with you. Do you really want to throw away to the trash bin everything what has gone here? I can't believe that you've just forgotten who was the most friendly to you in this forum during the last year. Rolling Eyes

BTW, thank you for correction of my English! Very Happy
Post 13 Jan 2010, 10:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
Looking for the another examples of the folk Chinese music I found really breathtaking one, claimed to be Hmong, which title is 你看你看月亮的脸. I also found its "modernized" version sung by Taiwanese singer Mengting Wei. Lyrics of this song is really sad, but I don't identify myself with these words, of course. Wink

Here you have both versions:The second version somehow resembles, in my opinion, another great hit from 1969 which I presented here already:Wink
Post 13 Jan 2010, 12:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I have to recall some facts which will correct it: 1. In September 2009 ...
What? You time traveled back to September last year? Rolling Eyes I strongly suggest that you time travel back to February last year when someone bombarded me with unwanted language questions which I, out of a kind heart, patiently answered ... Mad Wink Anyway, that was ancient history. And that was the genuine context, my friend! Wink

MHajduk wrote:
I have to protect my good image ...
Thank you, my friend, for your bravery to acknowledge the true reason that you're oversensitive to criticism. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Let it be, I'll take it as your apology.
Sigh. Maybe I overestimated your English skills. That was hardly an apology. But I'm not going to explain my sentence - I'll just leave it as an exercise for you to figure out what the true meaning is. In that way you can improve your English skills, my friend. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
This sounds like some kind of emotional blackmail to me ...
First, I irritated you. Then I provoked you. Finally I blackmailed you. Wow, I kept surprising myself - I didn't know that I was such a horrible person! Confused I guess I really need to throw myself into the trash bin. Wink
Post 14 Jan 2010, 03:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
YONG wrote:
What? You time traveled back to September last year? Rolling Eyes I strongly suggest that you time travel back to February last year when someone bombarded me with unwanted language questions which I, out of a kind heart, patiently answered ... Mad Wink Anyway, that was ancient history. And that was the genuine context, my friend! Wink
Yes, but this happened in our private correspondence via e-mail. I wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese and asked you about some language related things. But this correspondence wasn't long: I send only a few letters in the period of 2-3 days. You said that you can't teach me because of the lack of time and gave me this valuable link: MDBG Chinese-English Dictionary. Smile After that I apologized you for all that (I hope you remember this fact). Wink

In the searchings of the proper context of our communication one can go even far in the past to the time of the first European-Asian contacts, but I don't want to do that. We are all living now and are witnesses of the accelerating process of the "collision" of the previously distant and sometimes almost isolated cultures. We can't stop it, fortunately, but we are responsible for results of it. Hopefully this "collision" will result in creation of Himalayas of gold not Himalayas of hatred. Wink
YONG wrote:
Sigh. Maybe I overestimated your English skills. That was hardly an apology. But I'm not going to explain my sentence - I'll just leave it as an exercise for you to figure out what the true meaning is. In that way you can improve your English skills, my friend. Wink
Yes, I admit that my English is not perfect - it isn't my native language and I don't live in the English-speaking environment. But in this particular case I wanted to pretend that I misunderstood your sentence to make at least an illusion that I was apologized to. I wanted to make one "step backwards" to make more space for your move. Never mind, I don't want to comment this no more. Rolling Eyes
YONG wrote:
First, I irritated you. Then I provoked you. Finally I blackmailed you. Wow, I kept surprising myself - I didn't know that I was such a horrible person! Confused I guess I really need to throw myself into the trash bin. Wink
Are you sure that you aren't oversensitive to the other forumers' comments? Wink Take it easy, man! Smile
Post 14 Jan 2010, 12:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Are you sure that you aren't oversensitive to the other forumers' comments?
Well, I don't have any good image and so I need not be oversensitive to what other people say. Wink


Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back in Anger Cool

李克勤 - 夏日之神話 Razz
Post 14 Jan 2010, 14:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
I like both songs, especially the second one because of the general optimistic character and positively "loaded" melody. Wink
Post 14 Jan 2010, 14:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Omega - Gyöngyhajú lány (Perl-haired girl)
This is probably the best of your recent suggestions. Slow, sad and melodious. Wink
Post 15 Jan 2010, 04:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
I'm curious what do you say about other examples of the slow, sad and melodious music pieces which I wish to present here. Wink

I found this nostalgic song, most probably referring to the beauty of Tarim River with a whole surrounding land, some time ago. Here you have two versions of it. The second one reminds me very much (by its symphonic arrangement and soprano voice of the performer) another great classic - Solveig's Song from the Edvard Grieg's "Peer Gynt" suite (I mentioned this suite already): Very Happy
Post 15 Jan 2010, 08:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Both are very nice, especially the second one which is a typical "grand classical". However, I think you should know by now what I truly love: raw and grassroots. Wink

Here you have three songs in very different styles:

摘星的晚上

每段路

壯志驕陽

Enjoy. Wink
Post 16 Jan 2010, 04:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
YONG wrote:
However, I think you should know by now what I truly love: raw and grassroots. Wink
Hehe, seems that is another English idiom, but, surprisingly, when I copy-pasted it to the Google, it found only this result. Anyway, to me, it sounds like "simple and original". Wink All your today's music recommendations express hope and joy and this is what I like most in these songs. Wink

Some accords of the first one really sound like the beginning of the chorus in another great classic by Barbra Streisand from the early 80's. Yeah, I remember that this song was constantly played on the radio those times.

Third song also reminds me well known pop hit from the 80's. I mean here Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl". And yes such comparison was made by me in this thread already. Smile So, these music pieces really have to be similar, because even after a few months I have the same associations. Wink
Post 16 Jan 2010, 09:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
And now something what I found just two days ago:I just can't describe how much I adore this song. When I heard it for the first time I was shocked - it was so catchy and somehow familiar. From the song's description I got to know that it's based on the Scottish traditional melody. Smile

In my searchings of the roots of the aforementioned music piece I found another marvelous and heart touching composition:To stay in the circle of the Celtic music I wish to add well known traditional song from the Northern Ireland sung by Charlotte Church, Welsh singer and songwriter:Very Happy
Post 16 Jan 2010, 09:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:
However, I think you should know by now what I truly love: raw and grassroots. Wink
Hehe, seems that is another English idiom, but, surprisingly, when I copy-pasted it to the Google, it found only this result. Anyway, to me, it sounds like "simple and original". Wink
It's not idiomatic. By "raw", I mean unpolished & imperfect; by "grassroots", I mean not elite/grand. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Some accords of the first one really sound like the beginning of the chorus in another great classic by Barbra Streisand from the early 80's. Yeah, I remember that this song was constantly played on the radio those times.
That's a classic. And you're right - I can also find some similarities between the two songs. Wink


Sigh ... Sad The library is closing. I'll listen to your new songs tomorrow.

Wink
Post 16 Jan 2010, 10:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.