flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I guess that YONG may like this Polish reggae-style evergreen, mainly because of these two verses of its chorus (I mean here the new, more comfortable place of living):
Mr Zoob wrote:
Mój jest ten kawałek podłogi
Nie mówcie mi więc co mam robić

Translation:

This piece of the floor is mine
So, don't tell me what should I do
Wink
Very energetic live performance! Wink

Yeah, I wish I owned some piece of the floor! But the sad truth is that everything belongs to the landlord! I just rent a 4'x10' cubicle! Sad Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 01:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Picnic wrote:
The Thrillseekers Feat. Aruna - Waiting Here For You (Original Night Music Edit)
Very energetic again - quite different from the typical calm & relaxing Picnic style! Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 01:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
Following a smooth melodic vocal trance song found in Nightmusic Vol.2
The Thrillseekers Feat. Aruna - Waiting Here For You (Original Night Music Edit)
In my opinion, this is a very good music suggestion, because everybody here may find something interesting in it. I've found heart-beat rhythm, "pumping up" the life energy to the listener's organism and a lyric voice (reminding slightly "The Corrs" soloist one). Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 10:52
MHajduk

MHajduk
Two intriguing songs based on the Miao Chinese minority folklore. I recommend to listen to them at least two times because after the second time you simply won't be able to resist their addictive beauty. Effect guaranteed. Wink
A little digression:

In the first clip you can notice traditional Miao dressing with horned helmet which reminds me strongly effigies of the ancient goddesses of fertility and love. Especially I mean here Egyptian Hathor in characteristic crown with the Sun disc between two horns:

or Babylonian Ishtar.

From the other hand, singer's wide blue and red dresses and dancing figures remind me Minoan Snake Goddess:

Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 11:42
YONG

YONG
Wow! I guess you know more Chinese minority cultures than do I! You're amazing! Wink

Here you have two very different songs:

龍貓

張宇 - 一言難盡

Razz
Post 07 Jan 2010, 12:49
YONG

YONG
Post 07 Jan 2010, 12:54
MHajduk

MHajduk
I wish I could know as much about China as it is possible... Wink

My first contact with Chinese music took place around 3 years ago (I don't count numerous soundtracks in the HK movies which I saw many times earlier, of course) - those were songs performed by Teresa Teng, but you know perfectly about it. However my first contact with Chinese culture took place in 1986, when I was 10. Some September day my uncle gave me a small brochure about Chinese martial art named Taijiquan. I started to teach myself all positions and movements. Although I had no teacher, after a few weeks I was able to repeat whole "cycle" consisting of 174 intermediate steps. Till 1994 I used to train everyday at evening. My "exercise room" was arranged in storehouse at the back of my father's workplace - I trained in almost complete darkness (only weak rays of a street lamp light passed through a small grated window) and was able to experience the "secret life" of wardrobes, tables and boxes which sometimes cracked and "groaned" in complete silence... Wink Razz

Here you have some photos of this "legendary" brochure. As you can notice, it has visible "traces of wear":

Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 17:54
MHajduk

MHajduk
I liked all your today's music propositions because they are all very good (and somehow in my style Wink ), but especially this one is heart touching: BTW, I've just found another your talent: you have a big empathy (you can easily "guess" the mood of another person). Wink
Post 07 Jan 2010, 18:08
MHajduk

MHajduk
I suppose that YONG may be contented with this song:Wink
Post 08 Jan 2010, 09:06
YONG

YONG
Nice song. In fact, I grew up watching many Japanese cartoons. Here you have a couple of these cartoon theme songs:

梅艷芳 - 千年女王

黃金戰士

Wink
Post 08 Jan 2010, 09:44
YONG

YONG
BTW, here in HK, Taijiquan is usually practised by the elderly.

Wink
Post 08 Jan 2010, 09:50
MHajduk

MHajduk
Sounds interesting, mainly thanks to Anita Mui's mellow, sonorious voice and up-tempo rhythm. Smile
Post 08 Jan 2010, 10:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
BTW, here in HK, Taijiquan is usually practised by the elderly.

Wink
Hehe, right, my life is crazy, because I'm living backwards: I was born as an old man and I'm going younger day by day. Laughing

As a kid I hated sport and my parents tried to take me away from books. Razz I liked everything what doesn't need too intensive movement - I started from Hatha Yoga at 8 and dance courses. But I liked most Taijiquan which is an exercise system resembling rather dance and gymnastics than martial art due to characteristic "circular", smooth and slow movements. However, everything is only question of the speed and whole this set of gestures and poses becomes an effective defensive/offensive weapon if performed rapidly. Wink
Post 08 Jan 2010, 10:39
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Hehe, right, my life is crazy, because I'm living backwards: I was born as an old man and I'm going younger day by day.
Really? Confused Like this? Rolling Eyes

MHajduk wrote:
However, everything is only question of the speed and whole this set of gestures and poses becomes an effective defensive/offensive weapon if performed rapidly.
In fact, Taijiquan is a martial art developed from the concepts of "soft beating hard" and "slow beating fast". Kind of philosophical, hehe ... Wink
Post 08 Jan 2010, 14:43
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Really? Confused Like this? Rolling Eyes
I like Brad Pitt because every movie where he participate is very good. The most impressive and unforgettable (to me) was "Meet Joe Black". Wink

YONG wrote:
In fact, Taijiquan is a martial art developed from the concepts of "soft beating hard" and "slow beating fast". Kind of philosophical, hehe ... Wink
Well, everything depends on the dynamic of aggressor - speed of your motion should be adapted to the speed of adversary. Wink

Here you can see examples of the taijiquan in its "recreational" and "fast" forms:
Post 08 Jan 2010, 18:03
YONG

YONG
OK, back to business ...

Here you have a beautiful ballad:

張靚穎 - 孩子的眼睛

Razz
Post 09 Jan 2010, 08:33
MHajduk

MHajduk
I just adore harpsichord tune present in this song at the beginning and somewhere in the middle. Use of this instrument always makes composition somehow sublimed and "festive". Smile I feel moved by this music piece, especially by the hopeful and positive lyrics. Wink

Referring to the improbable beauty of the harpsichord sound, I wish to recommend today two marvelous compositions which perfectly fit to my present mood:Wink
Post 09 Jan 2010, 10:06
YONG

YONG
I like the second composition very much. It's truly marvelous! Very relaxing indeed! Razz
Post 09 Jan 2010, 10:42
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
I like the second composition very much. It's truly marvelous! Very relaxing indeed! Razz
Yeah, this melody excellently describes what exactly is going here... We have a snow-storm now and I've just come back after over two hours without electricity and internet connection. Razz
Post 09 Jan 2010, 13:42
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
We have a snow-storm now and I've just come back after over two hours without electricity and internet connection.
Don't worry! Your insulating layer is thick enough to keep you warm in the snow ... hehe ... Laughing Wink

Speaking of Internet connections, I'm trying to use the free (but, of course, very limited) WiFi service provided by the government. I'll see if I could set up the connection on my netbook running Linux. If yes, I will be able to access the Internet (for free) during the long holidays when the library is closed. Hehe ... Razz

EDIT:

SIGH. My first trial failed - Couldn't set up the connection at all. Sad
Post 10 Jan 2010, 02:57

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: