flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here are some questions that I need to address:

1. Can I learn the keyboard piano by myself? I cannot afford expensive piano lessons!

2. There are so many keyboard pianos out there. I need something portable (i.e. small) and affordable. I did some digging and found this one. But I am not sure. Any suggestions?

3. How long does it take for me (a dummy) to play like him and her? I am afraid that by then I would look like him! [BTW, I hate smokers! Mad]

Rolling Eyes Wink
Well, unfortunately, I can't give you advice in that matter because I haven't played such musical instruments. Wink Seems that we have to wait for somebody who is more competent (than me) and can answer to your questions. Razz
Post 22 Mar 2012, 12:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Something special for my music friends:

Secret Sphere - Dance with the devil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teEfvM_jshs

Wink
That's a powerful thing... wow, man. Wink
Post 22 Mar 2012, 12:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
An example of a catchy reggae song from Armenia (HayFanat YouTube channel):Enjoy! Very Happy
Post 22 Mar 2012, 13:47
MHajduk

MHajduk
Acoustic version of the song "Boom Boom Boom" by a young talented Swedish songstress known under the stage name Firefox AK (published on rodeostartv YouTube channel representing the German TV channel Nachtfahrt TV):"(...) 'Cause you are on my radio (...)" Razz Wink
Post 22 Mar 2012, 14:23
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
An example of a catchy reggae song from Armenia (HayFanat YouTube channel):Enjoy! Very Happy
This is a festive song that induces a strong holiday mood in my heart! Razz Wink
Post 23 Mar 2012, 03:44
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Acoustic version of the song "Boom Boom Boom" by a young talented Swedish songstress known under the stage name Firefox AK (published on rodeostartv YouTube channel representing the German TV channel Nachtfahrt TV):"(...) 'Cause you are on my radio (...)" Razz Wink
What a superb song and live performance! This is a serious contender for the best song of the month! Razz Razz Razz Wink
Post 23 Mar 2012, 03:46
TmX

TmX
YONG wrote:

1. Can I learn the keyboard piano by myself? I cannot afford expensive piano lessons!

Learn the keyboard yourself? Sure that's possible.
A fine example is Geddy Lee, a brilliant bassist who is also a keyboardist, and a singer. He's self taught, I think.
Post 23 Mar 2012, 04:24
Picnic

Picnic
MHajduk wrote:
Picnic wrote:
John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Love Magic (1979)
I might hear it as a 3 years old toddler but I'm not sure (yes, there is such a possibility). Wink Well, whether I heard it or not, I have to admit that this track sounds truly fantastic and fresh to me. Smile

Great to hear that, in that case let me add a few more 70s suggestions that i think you will enjoy.

The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!

Delegation - You and I

Garry Criss - The girl from Ipanema

Evelyn 'Champagne King' - Shame
Post 23 Mar 2012, 19:09
MHajduk

MHajduk
Picnic wrote:
The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!

Delegation - You and I

Garry Criss - The girl from Ipanema

Evelyn 'Champagne King' - Shame
The first two of the presented foursome seem to perfectly reflect the character of the 70's (at least I feel it this way). Smile
Post 24 Mar 2012, 16:47
YONG

YONG
Here is a rock song for my music friends:

太極 - Crystal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14usCJ75yA

Wink
Post 27 Mar 2012, 05:24
YONG

YONG
BTW, I needed to thank MHajduk & TmX for answering my earlier questions.

Since there are no tangible suggestions from the forum members, it appears that learning the keyboard piano may not be a good idea at all. Perhaps I should just learn to do this. Sad

Wink
Post 27 Mar 2012, 05:58
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here is a rock song for my music friends:

太極 - Crystal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14usCJ75yA

Wink
Yeah, this song rocks. Smile If my memory serves me right the same music piece was performed in the aforementioned RTHK 2 live program last Sunday (along with other classics such as Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" and Lionel Richie's "Hello"). Wink

If I had to compare style of the band to others, I would say that they play like "The Scorpions" or even, maybe, "Dire Straits". Wink
Post 27 Mar 2012, 11:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
BTW, I needed to thank MHajduk & TmX for answering my earlier questions.

Since there are no tangible suggestions from the forum members, it appears that learning the keyboard piano may not be a good idea at all. Perhaps I should just learn to do this. Sad

Wink
I think you shouldn't give up just because we can't give you good advice. If you want to learn to play the keyboard, do it. Wink
Post 27 Mar 2012, 11:07
malpolud

malpolud
YONG wrote:
Here are some questions that I need to address:

2. There are so many keyboard pianos out there. I need something portable (i.e. small) and affordable. I did some digging and found this one. But I am not sure. Any suggestions?

3. How long does it take for me (a dummy) to play like him and her? I am afraid that by then I would look like him! [BTW, I hate smokers! Mad]

Rolling Eyes Wink

Man, please don't give up the idea of learning playing the piano. I have been playing keyboard piano years ago and as far as I know the instrument you chose isn't bad. Of course piano players will tell you to buy the "real" piano, but these are just piano players Wink

Of course you can learn playing yourself. There are many free tutorials available on the Internet. After studying a couple of those you will know by yourself what you should learn and practice. (Listen to me - a fretless bass player wannabe Wink )

I don't know how long it will take you to play like a master, but practicing 1-2 hours a day is what will make you a good player very soon. Playing an instrument is a great fun, I recommend it to everybody who hesitates.

Last edited by malpolud on 27 Mar 2012, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
Post 27 Mar 2012, 18:37
MHajduk

MHajduk
I hope that the last comment will convince YONG that he shouldn't stray from the chosen path. Smile Thanks, malpolud. Wink
Post 27 Mar 2012, 19:18
MHajduk

MHajduk
Here you have a melodious song by a young talented Polish singer, Piotr Lisiecki (the first song from the list placed in the "Video" section on the official singer's webpage):I think you may like the melody and specific timbre of the singer's voice (the text is also good but you don't need to look for any hidden meanings there Razz Wink).

Enjoy! Very Happy
Post 27 Mar 2012, 19:34
YONG

YONG
I needed to thank malpolud & MHajduk for your advice. Wink

After some further digging, I think the following model would suit my needs:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/standard/ctk3200/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BesbbCN6F4

But I do not know where to buy it locally! Rolling Eyes

Wink
Post 28 Mar 2012, 05:55
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Here you have a melodious song by a young talented Polish singer, Piotr Lisiecki (the first song from the list placed in the "Video" section on the official singer's webpage):I think you may like the melody and specific timbre of the singer's voice (the text is also good but you don't need to look for any hidden meanings there Razz Wink).

Enjoy! Very Happy
This is a fantastic recommendation! Razz
Post 28 Mar 2012, 05:59
YONG

YONG
Here is a wonderful live performance for my music friends:

Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back In Anger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwAZu4mj8E

Wink
Post 28 Mar 2012, 06:05
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
I needed to thank malpolud & MHajduk for your advice. Wink

After some further digging, I think the following model would suit my needs:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/standard/ctk3200/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BesbbCN6F4

But I do not know where to buy it locally! Rolling Eyes

Wink
It seems to be a truly cool instrument with a wide repertoire of emulated tunes (only string instruments, such as violin for example, sound a bit "artificial" to me). Smile
Post 28 Mar 2012, 08:12

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 510, 511, 512  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: