flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > i claim i am the most smartest, best human among all ....

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i claim i am the most smartest, best human among all because i recognized myself that i am also the most stupidest, worst human among all.

i came to such understanding and really wanna know if you ever knew (those ancient human or enlightening person that ever make such a claimed or just anywhere you ever read such a claim) coz i want to see what they have achieved in their lifetime and how they get rid their evil self.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 06:46
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I agree, sleepsleep is the smartest, best human among all. If sleepsleep can manage to say that he/she is both the best and worst and the smartest and stupidest all at the same time and still not get all mixed in contradictions then he/she must be very very clever indeed.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 06:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
victor

victor
I agree. sleepsleep is the smartest, the most handsome, the funniest person in the universe. (Perhaps he thinks he is GOD!) Laughing

By the way, I used to think that I am smart and knowledgeable. But when I started to surf this board three, four years ago, my ego got gradually "flattened." Many members on this forum are really, really smart and knowledgeable - professor tobias, maksa, jcfuller, Dougie, x86asmer, hj_18, and yrret. Now I realize that I know very little. Embarassed
Post 29 Apr 2008, 07:53
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
There's just one thing to say: oxy-moron

(joking, take it easy Razz )
Post 29 Apr 2008, 08:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
victor wrote:
I agree. sleepsleep is the smartest, the most handsome, the funniest person in the universe. (Perhaps he thinks he is GOD!) Laughing

By the way, I used to think that I am smart and knowledgeable. But when I started to surf this board three, four years ago, my ego got gradually "flattened." Many members on this forum are really, really smart and knowledgeable - professor tobias, maksa, jcfuller, Dougie, x86asmer, hj_18, and yrret. Now I realize that I know very little. Embarassed
Who are these people? I checked two at random and both have not made any posts, yrret and hj_18
Post 29 Apr 2008, 09:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
oxymoron: self contradiction, such as "cruel kindness", or "make haste, slowly". So far as I am aware, there is no hyphen, hence, no notion of "moron" associated with this word. Rather than oxymoron, isn't this topic one of self inquiry, with the additional flavor of grandiosity, since most of us, at FASM forum, are neither extremely brilliant, nor excessively stupid, hence, there is no need to invoke superlatives. Sleepsleep is, like most of the rest of us, just average. sigh.
Mediocrity is our burden. We must bear it, barring premature demise, until dementia conquers, in our final, loneliest decades.
Confused
revolution wrote:
Who are these people?
OOPS. Gosh, victor trapped revolution! Of course, this was meant as humor. I laughed!
Oh, wait. Maybe that is the laughter of oblivion?
Rolling Eyes
Post 29 Apr 2008, 09:41
victor

victor
revolution wrote:
Who are these people? I checked two at random and both have not made any posts.
Hehe, as I mentioned above, there are many really, really smart members on this board, and revolution and professor tobias are definitely two of them! Razz

Indeed, all, except professor tobias, have never posted any messages! Laughing
Post 29 Apr 2008, 09:43
revolution

revolution
victor wrote:
Indeed, other than professor tobias, all the others have never posted any messages! Laughing
So that is what makes them smart, I see. They are smart because they didn't waste their time posting here. So currently I am the third most stupid person here, yeah, I'm gonna aim for the being the most stupid of all. An achievement if ever there was one.

But how does that explain "professor tobias" (whoever that is)? One assumes tom tobias of course, but we can't be sure, for all I know there is a registered user "professor tobias". So it would seem that also a way to be smart is to post message here. So currently I am the third most smart person here, yeah, I'm gonna aim for the being the most smart of all. An achievement if ever there was one.

Hehe, now I can see sleepsleep's reasoning, one can be smart and stupid at the same time, step aside sleepsleep, I'm taking your position. Rolling Eyes

Is there a point to this discussion? I starting to wonder about the "heap". It seems to be a gathering place for silly ideas.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 09:54
tom tobias

tom tobias
revolution wrote:
Is there a point to this discussion? I starting to wonder about the "heap". It seems to be a gathering place for silly ideas.
Most of sleepsleep's ideas are concurrently both banal and brilliant. He is following, perhaps consciously, the sound of one hand clapping....
HEAP, is of course, the focal point for clearing one's mind, after several hours of typing code, or, alternatively, drinking beer. In both circumstances, silliness is to be anticipated, but not feared...Where's rugxulo when you really need him? shoorick of course, would be able to succinctly summarize all of these concerns in a single image of terseness and beauty. Yup, big role for HEAP....very important stuff.
Smile
Post 29 Apr 2008, 10:02
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Hey, i'm the most stupid then Cool
Years of work finally paid back Laughing
Post 29 Apr 2008, 10:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
vid wrote:
Hey, i'm the most stupid then Cool
Years of work finally paid back Laughing
Congrats, it seems you are concurrently the most stupid and the most smart, I'll now step aside and let you take the throne.
Hey, I didn't start this silliness, I'm just following on from the first post. Don't blame me!
Post 29 Apr 2008, 10:16
victor

victor
tom tobias wrote:
... until dementia conquers, in our final, loneliest decades.
Hey, professor tobias, be optimistic! The neural networks of the brain of a knowledgeable person like you would be strong and tough enough to defy attacks by dementia! Razz
Post 29 Apr 2008, 10:53
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
sigh, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
thought you guys will answer the question,
Quote:

i came to such understanding and really wanna know if you ever knew (those ancient human or enlightening person that ever make such a claimed or just anywhere you ever read such a claim) coz i want to see what they have achieved in their lifetime and how they get rid their evil self.

unfortunately, u guys only saw
Quote:

i claim i am the most smartest, best human among all because i recognized myself that i am also the most stupidest, worst human among all.

perhaps u guys are stupid or too smart, over smart?... Laughing Laughing Laughing
* joking

but seriously, did u guys ever read from anywhere (coz u guys read more books than me) such a claim by another human on earth? now or several thousand years ago...
Post 29 Apr 2008, 10:58
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep: I think the claim has blinded us to your Q, even if others in the past have made this claim then what does it matter? They are clearly mistaken with their claim. Just because people in the long gone past have made this oxymoronic claim doesn't make it any less oxymoronic.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 11:11
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
wow, i didn't even notice it is a question Smile

I don't recall any such claim, closest I can think about is catholic pope who claims to be something like only human mediator to Yahweh, can't be ever wrong, etc.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 11:25
AlexP

AlexP
How many old names on this board do you think aren't even used anymore? I think Tomasz should send a message out to every name, if they don't reply within a month then delete their name.

Sort of a once-every-few-years cleanup of users.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 12:54
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep

Nihil novi sub sole (Latin: "there is nothing new under this Sun (i.e. in this world)"). You aren't such original as you think. Wink Examples:
Socrates wrote:
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Post 29 Apr 2008, 13:11
m

m
AlexP, I am posting this just to make sure Tomasz does not think that my ID is not used anymore! Shocked Wink

This is too much work actually, and we don't even have enough members Rolling Eyes

Edit: Honestly sleepsleep, I can't make such claims, I can only say, Hail sleepsleep!! Shocked Shocked

Post 29 Apr 2008, 13:13
tom tobias

tom tobias
MHajduk wrote:
Socrates wrote:
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Hmm. Maybe I am in error here.
1. It is my unlearned opinion (not a fact) that, like Buddha, KongZi, Jesus, and Mohammed, Socrates wrote NOTHING. I may well be in error on that point.
2. I have NEVER seen before today, attribution to Socrates, or anyone else, of such an aphorism. Here are the two aphorisms which I associate with Socrates (though not written by him):
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
http://www.aphorisms-galore.info/author/Socrates/
In other words, there is nothing there, so far as I am aware, of his having communicated the notion of his having been "the wisest man alive". That particular phrase, to my ear, is alien to Socrates' philosophy. Writing this wonderful word, philosophy, brings to mind, assuming I still have one, another of Socrates' famous aphorisms, one dear to my heart:
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
Since aphorisms can lose a great deal of their meaning upon translation, it could well be, that the English language version of Socrates' ideas has been inadequately translated from the original Greek. Maybe Socrates did assert being the "wisest man alive", but such a claim is so contrary to my understanding, what little remaining I possess, of his ideas, that I must dispute it. Can someone provide a source for this supposed notion?
Smile
Post 29 Apr 2008, 18:44
MHajduk

MHajduk
tom tobias wrote:
1. It is my unlearned opinion (not a fact) that, like Buddha, KongZi, Jesus, and Mohammed, Socrates wrote NOTHING. I may well be in error on that point.
This is a common problem with famous ancient men, creators of the basis of our civilization. Some of them were illiterate but for sure they were good orators. Even if they wrote nothing, their laconic (short and informative) sentences were remembered and noticed by so named "witnesses" and pupils. I have no reasons to doubt about existence of Buddha, KongZi, Jesus, Mohammed and Socrates only because they were men of genius. I hope that in the future no one will doubt about existence of Tomasz Grysztar only because "it is impossible that he created the best ASM compiler completely self-reliant". BTW, there are some people who don't believe in existence of Homer.

Even if these people (Buddha, KongZi, Jesus, Mohammed and Socrates) didn't exist in real life and were fake heroes of someone's literature works (as Sherlock Holmes for example), there have to exist (extremely wise) people who invent them. Laughing

After all, word "wrote" is added automatically when we quote someone writing posts in this forum. Wink Maybe it would be better if I wrote "Socrates said".
tom tobias wrote:
Can someone provide a source for this supposed notion?
Post 30 Apr 2008, 08:21

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: