flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Aliens, HBomb, Future, Education...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

believe in Aliens??
yes, of course!
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
i wait to see tham before to say yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
no! we are the best creatures of the universe.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
a very interresting subject is the one who is about the Roswell aliens.
some people who tell they have been in contact with them say:

they contact us because we are a danger for the universe and ourselve.
the HBomb have a very high potential of destruction, very very high.
the aliens saw that from their spaceships and decideddd to come to adivice us.

some other peolpe say the aliens are here, everydays, living like us. working with us.

the alien philosophy is very simple: no war, no destruction,no inequality, no religion, but a great knowledge and they believe in GOD, but not the GOD we think, a more universal god.

what are the bullshits in all this stuff? do you believe that Aliens take good care on us.

why do they don't GIVE us the technology? easy, if they give us it, we will not reflect anymore, and will use it as arms.
Post 23 Apr 2008, 17:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17271
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Alien stories are in the "extraordinary claims" basket. If there is not a corresponding "extraordinary proof" then don't waste your time thinking about it.
Post 23 Apr 2008, 17:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
yep, there are lot of topics to trip about, but none of them is helpful
Post 23 Apr 2008, 21:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Goplat



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 181
Goplat
I think it's very likely that aliens exist *somewhere* in the universe, but we're unlikely to ever see them because they are so rare that even the nearest will probably be hundreds of light-years away.
Post 24 Apr 2008, 00:16
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alphonso



Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 294
Alphonso
If you mean extraterrestrial life such as bacteria etc. then Yes, I think that is very possible. If you mean beings flying around in spaceships abducting people on Earth then No. Then again, some people believe life on Earth may have started from the biological influences of microbe infested meteorites, in which case we could possibly be considered the aliens.
Post 24 Apr 2008, 06:25
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
victor



Joined: 31 Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Location: Utopia
victor
edfed wrote:
... why don't they GIVE us their technology?
Because the aliens are like M$ - their technology costs a lot, and we don't have alien currency to pay for it! Laughing

Alphonso wrote:
If you mean beings flying around in spaceships abducting people on Earth then No.
Agree. Advanced organisms, like us, tend to like challenging (or even killing) each other! So, intelligent species usually don't last long! Crying or Very sad
Post 24 Apr 2008, 07:40
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
edfed wrote:
some other peolpe say the aliens are here, everydays, living like us. working with us.
Sure, Sting is one of them Sting - 'Englishman In New York' (1987) Wink
Sting - 'Englishman In New York' wrote:

I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishman in New York

See me walking down Fifth Avenue
A walking cane here at my side
I take it everywhere I walk
I'm an Englishman in New York

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York

If, "Manners maketh man" as someone said
Then he's the hero of the day
It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York

Modesty, propriety can lead to notoriety
You could end up as the only one
Gentleness, sobriety are rare in this society
At night a candle's brighter than the sun

Takes more than combat gear to make a man
Takes more than a license for a gun
Confront your enemies, avoid them when you can
A gentleman will walk but never run

If, "Manners maketh man" as someone said
Then he's the hero of the day
It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
Post 24 Apr 2008, 08:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17271
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
I thought women are from Venus and men are form Mars?
Post 24 Apr 2008, 08:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6034
Location: Poland
MHajduk
Hmm... I thought women are daughters of the Moon and men are sons of the Sun. Wink
Post 24 Apr 2008, 08:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias



Joined: 09 Sep 2003
Posts: 1320
Location: usa
tom tobias
victor wrote:
Advanced organisms, like us, tend to like challenging (or even killing) each other! So, intelligent species usually don't last long!

1. "advanced" definition? Are primates more "advanced" than Cetacea?

2. "like us", i.e. anthropomorphic ranking--validity??

3. "challenging" --how defined?? Do people play chess to amuse, or to challenge? In my opinion, species kill one another, or some other species, either for food (directly, to consume, else indirectly, to reduce caloric consumption, leaving more for oneself), for territorial protection including reproductive "purity" (for example, the Jews who consider Palestinians "subhuman"), or because of psychotic behaviour including jealousy and envy.

4. "each other" i.e. intraspecies conflict, versus interspecies conflict?

5. "intelligent species", oops. If species ONE defines intelligence as the ability to consume algae as their exclusive source of energy, then, MANY other species would be considered unintelligent....

6. "don't last long"--just because a certain genus, say, Tyranosaurus, is no longer extant, does not mean that they did not "last long". Most species alive today, can claim several hundred million years of ancestry, a duration compatible with "long", hence your logic appears to me, faulty.
Smile

edited by vid for better READABILITY Razz Wink
Post 24 Apr 2008, 12:05
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
victor



Joined: 31 Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Location: Utopia
victor
tom tobias wrote:
...hence your logic appears to me faulty
Yes, my logic was rubbish ... because I was under the impression that I was simply writing something casual, not a thesis ... Hence my little message did not include some rigorous definitions ... Sorry, professor tobias, I will include a full list of references next time ... I will also support my arguments with rock-solid evidence ... I beg you to forgive me ... Unlike you, I would not qualify girls as prepuberal ... Razz
Post 24 Apr 2008, 12:56
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17271
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Don't forget the appendices and indices also Razz

Image
Post 24 Apr 2008, 13:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
victor: what tom intended to say was that you are wrong, but he did it in too scholary manner. the more advanced we are, the LESS we kill. Primitive organism do nothing but kill, we are still more able to produce our food without killing, still less fight against each other (intraspecies) and spend more time doing other things like art, coding, science, rituals, etc...
Post 24 Apr 2008, 14:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
i believe one thing...
now, the time is not to the technology, we have enough technology. but the pure equality, the freedom and education. these are the main goals of this century i guess. if not, what would it be?

education and equality is a root of the freedom and the happyness.

the fact that there are people more " intelligent" than others is not a problem, the fact that "intelligent" people blame "stupid" people is.

the humanity is a very big family.
all the species on our planet is a very big family. our mother is the nature.
Post 24 Apr 2008, 14:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
victor



Joined: 31 Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Location: Utopia
victor
vid wrote:
victor: ... the more advanced we are, the LESS we kill ...
I doubt it!

Intraspecies: In recorded history, how many people were killed by weapons of mass destruction deployed in wars?

Interspecies: How many livestock are consumed (KILLED) daily in order to feed a 6-billion population? How many species are annihilated daily, due to whatever pollution caused by us?

The more advanced we are, the MORE we kill! Confused

edfed wrote:
... our mother is the nature ...
Well said. Very Happy
Post 25 Apr 2008, 01:36
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
the human being is able to make great things, as well as evil things.

we know that now.
then, what do we prefer?

destruction?

creation?

we are the more powerfull species of this planet, we can kill everything ( from the bactery to teh wales ), we can destruct everything ( from atom to the planet ), and the more interresting, we have the power to protect everything from the misery or accidental death.
tehn, why do we ALL not act in consequence? why there are so many people that have pure evil ideas or ideologies?

maybe hitler was right about the fact that we shall erradict some people to obtain the peace, but bad only people, not genocides, but "mind"icides, kill the evil ideas, not the body. and how to kill the evilness that all peope can have in it's soul? FREE EQUAL EDUCATION FOR EVERYBODY.some education that don't leave human in a deep ignorance. teh school system is full of bugs. there are many, many students that are really bored to learn things they don't love. i just remember my scolarity, it was a disaster... it was boring to go to school everydays, learn stuff i don't use now like how to disect a frog or calculate the benefice of a business after 1 year.

there are people that love it. i don't love it. i prefer the electronics, the pure technics. i want to be a teacher, just to avoid this problem, and lead students in their own domain. th eeducation, do not leave people in ignorance, if they ignore that it is possible to drive a hydrogen car, wil they buy one? if people don't know that buying products from TV ads is bad because it increase the inequality, will they? if people don't see the real effect of coca cola on their body, if people don't know what is the result of a bad teeth health, etc...
all these things shall be teached to every kids with fun, not with the boring old school method.
etc etc ...
but i suppose that everybody there is aware of this, then, it is endless to talk more about????
Post 25 Apr 2008, 02:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
Quote:
Intraspecies: In recorded history, how many people were killed by weapons of mass destruction deployed in wars?

Much less, than were eaten by other animals

Basically I agree we are much better at killing now... we have monopoly, no one can kill us, and we can kill anytime. But we have much less intention to kill than before. 12000 years before, no human would ever doubt to kill animal if he can. As we became better socially evolved, we don't kill everything we can anymore.
Post 25 Apr 2008, 05:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17271
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
vid wrote:
12000 years before, no human would ever doubt to kill animal if he can.
Can you prove that?
Post 25 Apr 2008, 05:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
victor



Joined: 31 Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Location: Utopia
victor
revolution wrote:
vid wrote:
12000 years before, no human would ever doubt to kill animal if he can.
Can you prove that?
Hehe, this movie may offer some clues. Smile
Post 25 Apr 2008, 06:02
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17271
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
http://www.10000bcmovie.com/ wrote:
Sorry! Your Flash Player appears to be out of date.

Click here to download the latest.
I also can't watch all that time wasting Youtube rubbish, I'm pleased I don't have Flash Player Very Happy
Post 25 Apr 2008, 06:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.