flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > i really don't know what is life

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
the more i am trying to understand it, the more i felt i really don't know what is life. what is going on?

yeah, i am living now, but why i am here? of course suicide is out of topic, coz death isn't easy and it doesn't solve question. why death been made as a seperator of 2 worlds.

all the sickness, pain, desire, all the memories, what is this all about.

well most of us could survive until death without grasping this whole confusion? sometime i even wonder, why/how we could move on without clearing this question at first... Shocked

should i let this matter rest? to rest it means to live without knowing why am living.

sigh, am i a just a normal human only?
Post 13 Apr 2008, 21:46
edfed

edfed
life is good Laughing.

that is not life at all, just an acid joke.
sleepsleep stop thinking about what i slife etc... there is no answer.
only solutions. the best solution is to die of course. but it don't solve the problem.
then, thinking? meditation? erf. don't resolve the problem, just life is the state of matter to be animated.

human life is a bit different as it is focused on itself.
human think only about it's own interrests.
animals too, but in general , i prefer the way of life of animals, cause they don't want to change the world or dominate the entire jungle.
human is very dumb you know, intelligent, but dumb.
dumb cause he use his intelligence to think about "what is life question" and never find any answer.
animals found the answer, the proof is that they accept to be animals, they accept to live like beasts in the nature.
we are dumb because we are dumb.

the "what is life" question is a non sense as, to ask this question, you should be alive. Very Happy
so what is the question?

sometimes, i climb on the mountain just behind my home, and i look the city at my feet.
what i see?
i see buildings (organs), roads (veins), gardens (cells), etc...
i see that a town too is alive, exactlly as us, humans and animals, but at a higher dimension.
life is everywhere, form 10^-100 meters to 10^100 meters, everywhere.
then, why? to see the universe? because it is a random state of the "what will happen if hydrogen exists in an infinite vaccum"?
human life is nothing.
life is a cycle, an infinite cycle, it always turns, like a circle (as stated steward). it always move. life is not energy or matter, it is the combinaision of both, adding a thing we don't understand exactlly as computer don't understand what is electronics.

we don't understand what is over us.
it is natural, because over us , it is not something we need to undersatand to survive.

but what life? why life?
what is the goal of life?

i try to find the answer, but i feel lost as you , and only thing i can say:

maybe one day, we'll all drink a good beer, on a california beach, with pretty girls and linus torvald, and we'll speak about life more deeply.
but before to be able ot do so... we shall work a lot, invent (discover)together a new concept of informatics and computing. make a lot of money, and then, pay the airplane to everybody to join us on this beach. Very Happy
Post 13 Apr 2008, 22:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AlexP

AlexP
Quote:
why death been made as a seperator of 2 worlds.
What two worlds? As far as I know there is only one physical universe.

Fact 1) If the universe is infinitely filled with life (don't contradict me, just making a point), then we are infinitely insignificant.

Fact 2) The goal of life is knowledge, not reproduction of species. This could be proven, but in a more theoretical sense I believe.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 23:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Why does life need a goal anyway? Just enjoy yourselves and write good asm code.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 01:08
edfed

edfed
revolution:

YEAH!!!

Quote:
write ???good??? asm code
Post 14 Apr 2008, 01:18
Jack

Jack
Kabbalah on Love by Yehuda Berg
Quote:

The Light, the Vessel, and a Thing Called Love
In the beginning there was the Light, This Light consisted of pure, unconditional love.
To be absolutely clear here, I'll repeat this:
Light = Love
One day, God decided to create an infinite soul-or a Vessel, in the language of Kabbalah-to receive this unconditional love.
After all, real love cannot exist if there is no one to receive that love.

The infinite Vessel created by God included all the souls of humanity, which means you and me.
The same way your body consists of trillions of cells, the One Soul, the One Vessel, was made up of trillions of souls.

The unconditional love that God gave the Vessel included every imaginable pleasure you can conceive of-and infinitely more.
By all appearances, the Light and the Vessel were in perfect harmony, functioning as one divine organism that was sharing and receiving.
But the union was not perfect; a vital component was missing.
Can you guess what it was?

I'll give you a clue. It's the exact same thing that is missing when you are in a relationship in which you are the constant giver of your time, energy, and love while your counterpart is the constant recipient-or vice versa.
[snip]
This is exactly what was going on between the Creator and the Vessel before time began.
The Creator was sharing unlimited love with the Vessel, while the Vessel existed in a perpetual state of receiving.
Imagine a ceramic mug filled with hot water. What happens to the mug? The mug takes on the nature of that which is poured into it, and becomes hot just like the water.
In a similar fashion, the Vessel took on the characteristics of the Creator and developed a desire to share its love, too.
It no longer wanted to be a passive recipient.

The Essential Zohar by Rav P. S. Berg
Quote:

It was now, in Rabbi Aslag's narrative, that the Vessel pushed back against the Light--and the Light, obliging the Vessel's desire for separation, withdrew.
It contracted. It restricted itself. This was the event that Rabbi Luria called the tzimtzum.
The duality of the Vessel had expressed itself. It had not, however, resolved itself.
At the risk of another possibly vulgarizing analogy, we can compare the Vessel to an adolescent who, out of desire for independence, runs away from home and then misses a warm bed at night.
Kabbalah teaches that the Vessel instantly wanted or needed the Light's return with the same primal force that causes a vacuum to be filled, a bubble to burst, or a swollen river to overflow its banks.
The violence of these images is consciously chosen, because although the Vessel needed the Light, it was unprepared to accept the sudden return of the Light at full force.
When the Light did reconnect with the Vessel, one of the central events of Kabbalah occurred.
The Vessel shattered--and at that instant the line between physical and metaphysical realities was crossed once and for all.
Kabbalah teaches that the shattering of the Vessel is identical with the Big Bang of modern physics.
Just as all matter in the physical world is a legacy of the Big Bang, all spirituality is a legacy of the shattering of the Vessel.

the bottom line:
the reason for our existence is to constantly evolve until we are all re-united with God, at which point I believe the Universe will cease to be.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 01:59
edfed

edfed
GOD?

the reason of life is linked to a sort of universal entity?

but this entity, what is it? is it alive?
if it is alive, why, the life? why GOD exists then?

VOID GOD (RANDOM && TIME && ENERGY && MATTER);
{
GOD=LIFE
LIFE=GOD
}
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:06
AlexP

AlexP
Wouldn't it be ironic if there was some sort of visual illusion that another being cast around our galaxy, and we really weren't seeing out but were seeing whatever painting they put in front of us? That would be funny! Spend millions of years evolving going to and from planets in our solar system and one day reaching the edge and going "WTF?! There's a fricken canvas here!", then seeing what the real outside is like...
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:22
edfed

edfed
Sleepsleep:
read some Voltaire Books in your native language of course, He was a great philosopher during the 1700 century.

AlexP:
One of the stories of Voltaire was about Giants on Jupiter. they was very giant, like us, but mesuring up to 1 or 2 kilometers.
and in this giant society of giants, there was a man, lonelly, and thinking about the reason of life. he traveled a lot on all planets of the solar system. and on our planet, he crosses the dumb humanity.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:31
AlexP

AlexP
Smile Giant man, shield around the universe, same thing, right edfed?
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:31
edfed

edfed
no! the story i speak about is called "Micromégas" (1752), very interresting story. try to find a paper version, and read it in the nature, forget a bit computers while reading books.

in this time, the fiction/phylosophy didn't focuses on universe , but only on solar system.

then, it was only 1 or 2 kilometers Humanoids, you , you speak about the idea at the end of "men in black" movie. the sort of very big life form over our universe, playing with galaxy balls

and for lazies:
Full metal alchemist episode 51 speaking about the idea of a world over the world. with a door between both. based on alchemy and philosopher stone legends. Very Happy enjoy this anime.Very Happy
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:39
asmhack

asmhack
one life.. live it Wink
Post 14 Apr 2008, 04:31
victor

victor
My life is pitiful... Take a look at this! Crying or Very sad
Post 14 Apr 2008, 08:50
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
sleepsleep: Why do you think human life has to have purpose?

Sure, it would suck if our life has no purpose, but I don't think that what we like has any effect on reality. Truth has nothing to do with what we like or don't like. Analogy: "It would really suck if 60 million people died some 60 years ago. No, they surely didn't, because that would be terrible, I can't imagine it".
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sinsi

sinsi
life=42
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:35
victor

victor
vid wrote:
We all know that sleepsleep believes in God. Hence, he always believes that life has got to mean something. Many of us, however, understand that life is nothing more than a system of complicated biochemical processes which are full of bugs! Wink
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:50
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I always thought sleepsleep is more into "new age" mantra / chakra / chi / higher plane / karma / spirituality / other dimension type of stuff, not some monotheism.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 10:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

yeah, why life has to have purpose, i think the idea to get the answer of the purpose of life is to satisfy the desire to live. but who knows, after we understand the purpose, we would hope to die....

Quote:

We all know that sleepsleep believes in God.

i don't know, i hope my God destiny me to believe in the oneness of God.

Quote:

understand that life is nothing more than a system of complicated biochemical processes which are full of bugs!

how about the self recover mechanism inside our body? maybe it is our own fault that makes the body failure...?

Quote:

I always thought sleepsleep is more into "new age" mantra / chakra / chi / higher plane / karma / spirituality / other dimension type of stuff, not some monotheism.

i am seeking whatever methods (since all power is from God alone) to reach total consciousness.

btw, just to share with you guys, i found a new method lately,
try listen to ur mind sound/wave ( u could hear it if u use ur fingers to close the ear's hole) and try to aware that sound, even after u open up the ear's hole. of couse, close the eyes.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 15:11
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
of couse, close the eyes

taken out of context, and too little to judge a whole, but still, it evokes "sensory deprivation" (google it yourself) bit too much....

sleepsleep: as for me, best you can do is to read up "foundational essays" here: http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/

those were by far the best philosophical sources for me. It should teach you to *accept* truth and not *desire* some phantasy.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 21:02
edfed

edfed
at least, sleepsleep, i agree on the fact you need to find the pure truth of the life, with all methods, etc etc...
but even if heap is not assembly related, it is not ONLY methaphysics oriented.
instead to seek the universal truth on http://board.flatassembler.net, you should find a way to give tips, your revelations about assembly itself etc etc...

here, it is a site about assembly.

we all are interrested into the mean of life, he all tried to find the answer, but nobody found it.

you can close your eyes, cut all feeling and impose to you many challenges.. but you 'll never find the universal truth of life.

THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL TRUTH OF LIFE.

one human being == one vision of the life == one truth.

For me, the life is like assembly and electronics, many stages, many layers, but always one goal help the creator of this technology.

maybe we are tools...

but here, it is assembly programming site, not psychedelic site.. if you want psychedelic ideas, i'm your man, but i doubt it will be acceptable to read my deliriums.. Very Happy
Post 14 Apr 2008, 21:53

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: