flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Is the Earth expanding?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
edfed wrote:
the earth is not only matter
What is this special "non-material" element? Remember, that "energy" isn't here a proper answer, because Albert Einstein proved that energy and matter are only two forms/states of the same "object" (you know very well formula, that says about it: E=mc²).
Post 13 Apr 2008, 19:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
yep, and P=RI²

see that Power ( E ) is not a simple value. it is a composed variable. that have relationships with R ( m ) and I ( c )
then, no, the planet is not only enregy and matter, it is spirit.
the planets have spirits. ( for sure planets don't have the same life as us, they don't vote for bush or go to supermarket, but...)
if you say it is bullshit, proove that i'm wrong. our planet is alive, not dead. and this is the other part of reality. dead or alive.

alive, without energy and matter?
dead with energy and matter?
2^3 solutions.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 20:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
edfed: no sarcasm, but i seriously can't imagine how you can produce all these ideas without some "help". It's just so off...
Post 13 Apr 2008, 20:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
ontopic: sure, scienctist make things up and lie, and some cartoon guy who thinks "dinosaurs were several times larger than any living mammal" is right... Rolling Eyes
Post 13 Apr 2008, 20:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
i don't need external help to have ET ideas. do you know Fox Mulder is X-Files? i'm like him, don't need drugs.

Drugs help me to limit the deliriums. but now, i want to be full and not limited.

science is always businesssssss. remember the old times when one guy (don't remember his name), invented the watch, the only application found by this invention by th british government was... to invade the America with more precision.

nowadays, if computers are more and more powerfull, it's only to increase royalties and efficiency of "who?".

Bouygues(tm) would be happy to know the earth is expanding...
Post 13 Apr 2008, 20:30
AlexP

AlexP
Uhh wow... why don't we re-do the human objective to this:

Objective: Locate and collect a large source of anti-matter.

Problem 1: Anti-matter is pretty darn far off

Problem 2: How would we collect it? (in large amounts, not like an earth-sized supermagnet).

Result: Ha!, we (temporarily) solved the energy crisis for humans.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 23:05
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Many people are attached the the idea of an æther. Which seems an okay enough idea on the surface, but they usually end up introducing some mystical concepts along with it (i.e. if we can't detect the æther then there are other more complex forms we cannot detect either.)

I liked some questions raised by the expanding earth idea, but there is no need for me to agree with his complete description of how it happens. I'd like to list some of the questions that came to my mind:

1) How does the mass/energy collected by the planet compare with mass/energy leaving the atmosphere?

2) Is there a gap in the marine fossil record between 70-200mya?

3) What is the proof the planet was so lopsided and how would the oceans have responed to this?

Some of my questions have been answered by a little research: like finding the global fossil database, so some data is available to start creating more realistic models. Models that would have to connect with many areas of research. Finding better models of planetary evolution would no doubt help understand the climate delimma.

Post 14 Apr 2008, 00:15
AlexP

AlexP
Quote:
What is the proof the planet was so lopsided and how would the oceans have responed to this?
How would the gravity caused by the moon have effected this!!! Forget tides, there was probably all-out flooding if the earth was lopsided in a bad direction Razz
Post 14 Apr 2008, 02:30
MHajduk

MHajduk
edfed wrote:
then, no, the planet is not only enregy and matter, it is spirit.
the planets have spirits.
In science's vocabulary doesn't exist such word like "spirit". It rather belongs to the domains of religion, philosophy and poetry. Science has completely nothing to do with "spirit".

However, religions, philosophy and art are important for us, because they give us some psychical comfort, improve our imagination and make this (human) world more interesting. Smile
Post 14 Apr 2008, 08:25
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Science has completely nothing to do with "spirit"

For many people, "spirit" is something that influences human behavior (soul). For such definition of "spirit", it definitively belongs to domain of science, and existence of something like that is testable.

Quote:
and make this (human) world more interesting

yeah, thousands of years of war... no boredom indeed
Post 14 Apr 2008, 08:45
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid wrote:
"spirit" is something that influences human behavior (soul).
"Something", what exactly? Please, be more precise but don't put here tons of Wikipedia's links.
vid wrote:
yeah, thousands of years of war... no boredom indeed
Wow! How sarcastic! Don't forget about positive influences of religions and philosophy on the art and human thoughts (and some people's psychics as I said previously). Everything has at least two sides (positive and negative).

BTW, I know that you don't like me, but this shouldn't lead you to contradiction with your previous opinions. If you "are man of wisdom" (vid in Proto-Indo-European means "to know, knowledge", isn't it? Wink) then you should be conseqent in it.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:17
shoorick

shoorick
MHajduk wrote:
(vid in Proto-Indo-European means "to know, knowledge", isn't it? Wink)

maybe what you mean is veda Wink

but, from other side, vid-et' (to see) and veda-t' (to know) are very close matters Wink

Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:23
MHajduk

MHajduk
veda in Sanskrit but root "vid" in Proto-Indo-European (i.e. reconstructed ancestor of all Indo-European languages).
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:26
shoorick

shoorick
i see. btw: "i" and "e" are swapping sounds, as well as "vid" and "ved" (in my example) are very close in meaning.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:33
MHajduk

MHajduk
Exactly. Slavic languages (from which were taken your exemplary words) are closer related to Sanskrit than other European languages (I mean here languages used nowadays). Maybe only Baltic, such as Lithuanian, are more "archaic". Smile
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:39
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
MHajduk: as for "spirit", i can't be more exact. What I wrote ("something that influences our behavior") is exactly the idea people have about soul / spirit. I seldom heard anyone to describe "spirit" more exactly than this, and if they did, it was usually their own version not shared by anyone else.

I acknowledge positive effects of religion on human psychic and (early) art. Sure nothing is black'n'white, I just wanted to point out the "black" part, after you mentioned the "white" part. I didn't mean to say religion is all-bad. At least, fact that religion formed and survived, says that religion was survival advantantage all along.

And yeah, "vid" is proto-indo-european root for knowledge, from which "veda" is derived too.

PS: I am not aware about me not liking you (except time when I have mistaken you with MichaelH) :]

Last edited by vid on 14 Apr 2008, 09:55; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:47
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid wrote:
PS: I am not aware about me not liking you (except time when I have mistaken you with MichaelH) :]
Okay. Smile Life seems to be easier now. Wink
Post 14 Apr 2008, 09:54
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
ontopic: sure, scienctist make things up and lie, and some cartoon guy who thinks "dinosaurs were several times larger than any living mammal" is right... Rolling Eyes
Here comes the trust in science -- the faith in authorities (in religion you have priests, in science you have scientists) Razz

also, what exactly is wrong with that statement? Elephants (I sure hope you do not consider whales as they are underwater mammals) are quite small compared to "most" dinosaurs -- and those "most" dinosaurs are considered about four to five times as fast (at least how they were 'designed' to be).

but of course scientists as a whole are infallible, much like the Pope in catholic religion Razz
Post 16 Apr 2008, 12:35
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Difference is that scientist DO NOT ask you to trust their authorities. Oposite, every single scientific claim demands to falsificable and there must be several independent tests where you try to falsify it. Only if everyone is unable to falsify it, it can become scientific theory. I may not be able to test every claim myself, but i know that few people (much better suited for falsifying it than me) tried it, and weren't successful.

Saying that scientists require people to rely on their authority (like priests / scripture do) is straw man argument from opponents of science, who don't understand how science works. Please look up some introduction to scienctific method, and learn about "theory", "hypothesis", "law", "testing", "falsifiability" etc. This claim is simply not true.

Quote:
I sure hope you do not consider whales as they are underwater mammals

Of course I do. They are mammals by every thinkable definition. For example, they have mammary glands, apart from other mammal specifics. Just google "whale mammal" and read up.
Post 16 Apr 2008, 13:24
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The_Grey_Beast wrote:
vid wrote:
Here comes the trust in science -- the faith in authorities (in religion you have priests, in science you have scientists)
But good scientists do not need your trust, they will be able to describe how you can demonstrate things for yourself, no need for faith if you are dedicated to find out things for yourself.

Therein is the main difference with religion. Religion need faith, it is part of it's roots.
Post 16 Apr 2008, 13:33

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: