flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Is the Earth expanding?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgidAICoQI

Even in grade school I thought the Pangæa idea seemed odd. Why would the Earth be so lopsided and then even out?

Post 12 Apr 2008, 18:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
why not.. it can be the explanation of many things.

but how did the volume increase? like if the earth lose in density...
can explain why the start of life was submarine, all the planet was covered of water...
Post 12 Apr 2008, 19:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
(This) talk explains in more detail the expansion and it's relation to the universe expansion - where the matter comes from.

Post 12 Apr 2008, 19:36
MHajduk

MHajduk
Assume that theory about Earth's expansion is true. How do you explain then process of orogenesis (arising of the mountains)?

If Earth expands then it should be extremely flat eventually with several deep rifts. There is no explanation for existence such high and young mountains as Himalayas, because distance between continents grows (in this hypothetical model) and there is no way to collision of plates (main reason of orogenesis).
Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:00
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
The way Neal Adams (his website is very entertaining) explains it: as the expansion takes place rigid material gets bent upward creating the young mountains. He explain several examples of this.

I would think the magnetic poles in rocks would easily demonstrait which theory is more correct, but I'm not a geologist.

Last edited by bitRAKE on 12 Apr 2008, 21:28; edited 1 time in total
Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:10
Borsuc

Borsuc
But at least explains the dinosaurs...

theory is still not perfect, but at least it will "shake" the conservative scientists a bit, I hope Razz makes them less confident
Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:11
edfed

edfed
dinosaur was biger than us...
why?
the gravity was smaller then now?
why?
teh earth eat a lot of matter?
why?
comets, asteroids?

when?
the end of dinoland?
then...
earth is bigger.
Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:19
MHajduk

MHajduk
I'm not against revolution(s) in science. But good (new) theory has to explain as much aspects as it is possible.

In Alps, Himalayas and other young mountains exist some massifs, which are made from marine limestones with fossils of marine animals. These rocks are sometimes folded like layers of makowiec cake (kind of Polish cake). It could be explained only if we assume that Apennine Peninsula (i.e. Italian Peninsula) and Deccan subcontinent (India) were separated from European and Asian continents by shallow, warm seas. And these plates hit in continents generating new mountains.
Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:31
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Yeah (assuming less mass as Adams does), smaller earth = less gravity. I get lost in his explaination of how the matter was created - doesn't connect with the physics that I know. He believes nuclear processes are taking place within all planets. Certainly, not as fast as within the sun, but happening nothing the less. This must be testable, imho.

Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:38
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
MHajduk wrote:
In Alps, Himalayas and other young mountains exist some massifs, which are made from marine limestones with fossils of marine animals. These rocks are sometimes folded like layers of makowiec cake (kind of Polish cake). It could be explained only if we assume that Apennine Peninsula (i.e. Italian Peninsula) and Deccan subcontinent (India) were separated from European and Asian continents by shallow, warm seas. And these plates hit in continents generating new mountains.
There are no other senerios with water which allows them to be connected? All marine fossils older than 70million years are found on land.

http://www.pbdb.org/
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/image/images.html

Post 12 Apr 2008, 21:44
edfed

edfed
Quote:
There are no other senerios with water which allows them to be connected? All marine fossils older than 70million years are found on land.

because the sea (water, liquid) wasn't in the oceans. no oceans in this time. assuming the theory is true.

then, where was the water? all over the world.
it's logic.
just in the animation of bitrake, they forgot the water.
Post 12 Apr 2008, 22:22
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
in the video: "dinosaurs were several times larger than biggest living mammal today"

... moron ...
Laughing
Post 13 Apr 2008, 08:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
MHajduk wrote:
I'm not against revolution(s) in science.
Glad to hear it, I quite like science.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 09:07
AlexP

AlexP
Quote:
dinosaur was biger than us...
There was much more oxygen in that time! (at least that's what we've been taught Confused)
Post 13 Apr 2008, 15:18
MHajduk

MHajduk
revolution

There exist some keywords on this forum. Wink Using some of them results in positive reactions.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 16:39
edfed

edfed
is it possible that the earth is a real ball, with air/gaz inside???
i want to find the door and live in this strange deep world. Jules Verne was true?
is there dinosaurs inside the earth?? very very strange.
one planet and two worlds?? originally, it is a science fiction theory, but life show us the reality join the fiction every days..

what is life then, an imagination? a collective hallucination?
Post 13 Apr 2008, 18:51
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
edfed: take more of that thing and i am sure you'll experience trip to middle of earth... Rolling Eyes
Post 13 Apr 2008, 18:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed

hu hu
vid, please, stop sarcasms... first, i didn't took any drug since 2 month today.

second, fiction is a mind trip, but reality proove us the fiction is not always a fiction..

and why the planet can expend? hard matter cannot dilate in that proportion. there is some gaz inside the kernel, i don't want to proove that, cause i don't have any mean to do so, and it is not sure, it is just an hypothesis. not a certitude. exactlly as the main subject of this thread.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 19:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
Interesting, why such many people here don't accept official science theories? Are they really such hard to understand? And, finally, why do you think that there exists such kind of "conspiracy" in science? I only hope that you're kidding, however it's very strange sense of humor. Confused
Post 13 Apr 2008, 19:20
edfed

edfed
i didn't told the science is a conspiration, just emit an hypothesis. after, you can interpret it as a dumb idea. or a delirium. but if we don't emit theories, we never now anything. what is true? what is wrong? before to know, we should try all ways.

our planet is young and as a young body, it grows?
inside the planet, there is a heart, this heart beats, the earth is not only matter as we are not only 80% of water.

after, about the OFFICIAL science, this is an other question, what are the goals of official things? surelly not make us dream. the only official domains for dreams are the official cinema and the official music. here, in france, internet tend to become more and more closed, all french sites are blocked if they give free "officially forbiden" downloads. then, OFFICIAL is some ways is like skulls and bones. but here, the official meaning of science is off topic.
Post 13 Apr 2008, 19:27

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: