flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > towards golden age

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep

to the day where everything is freely available
Post 09 Apr 2008, 18:36
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thank you for your kind heartedness. We need more of that, and less of my constant criticism.
I cannot help but notice that the carnivores in the center of the painting above, seem particularly well FED. Thus, some poor animal is now in their belly. I observe no humans in the illustration, consistent with my world view, that humans cause terrible destruction of all wildlife--both plant and animal, and that therefore, any true utopia will of necessity require removal of most humans from the scene.
A SLIGHTLY more realistic view of what lies ahead, compared with sleepsleep's idyllic painting above, appears in today's news from Haiti. For those unfamiliar with the Caribbean, here's a Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean
Umm, Haiti, five hundred years ago, looked a lot like the painting of sleepsleep above. Well, a little different, because there were some humans around, but NO EUROPEANS, until Columbus. To see what it looks like today: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3716557.ece
Warning: this is not a pleasant article to read. I know some of the FASM forumers are a little bit sensitive to stories describing food riots...Just remember, Homo is also a carnivore, and like the lions above, they need some kind of food in their bellies.
Unhappy carnivores become prone to violence, the trend one sees in the picture above, just BEFORE the two lions in the center consumed their meal:
The Times wrote:
...Rioters returned to the streets in Port-au-Prince a day after UN peacekeepers had to fire rubber bullets to prevent hungry Haitians from storming the presidential palace.
Columns of thick smoke rose over the city as demonstrators, demanding that the Government take action over the rising price of foodstuffs such as rice, beans and oil, set fire to barricades made from tyres. Protesters compared the burning hunger in their stomachs to bleach or battery acid.
The unrest provided dramatic evidence of the destabilising effect of accelerating food inflation around the globe. Food prices are surging because of increased demand from emerging markets such as China and India, a drought in grain-producing Australia and competition with plant-based biofuels. The UN says that global food prices have risen 65 per cent since 2002, with grain rising 42 per cent and dairy products 80 per cent in 2007 alone.
The UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) said in a recent report that Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Egypt, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Mozambique and Senegal have all seen unrest in recent weeks linked to food and fuel prices.
“There is a risk that this unrest will spread in countries where 50 to 60 per cent of income goes to food,” Jacques Diouf, the FAO director-general, said yesterday in Delhi.
John Holmes, the top UN humanitarian official, gave warning this week of a “perfect storm” of rising food and fuel prices and the negative effects of climate change. “Current food price trends are likely to increase sharply both the incidence and depth of food insecurity,” he told a conference in Dubai.
His comments followed two days of rioting in Egypt, where prices of many staples have doubled in the past year, and as UN workers in Jordan staged a day-long strike for pay rises because of a 50 per cent rise in prices there.
Haiti, the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere, is particularly vulnerable to food inflation because close to 80 per cent of its nine million people live on less than $2 (£1) a day.
At least five people have been reported killed and more than twenty injured in the food riots, which began last week.
Post 09 Apr 2008, 23:38
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
It evokes "paradise" from book of Genesis to me (in which animals were presumably fed magically by Yahweh). Regarding paradise, i have recently read set of very good articles:

genesis of Genesis: http://www.bibleorigins.net/genesisgenesis.html
Adam/Adapa: http://www.bibleorigins.net/AdapaAdam.html
Adam/Enkidu: http://www.bibleorigins.net/ParallelsListAdamEnkidu.html
Eve/Shamhat: http://www.bibleorigins.net/EveasShamhatoftheEpicofGilgamesh.html
Tree of knowledge: http://www.bibleorigins.net/EdensTreeofKnowledgeLife.html
Map of Eden: http://www.bibleorigins.net/MapShowingGenesisEdenSumerianEdin.html

site contains shitload of interesting articles, apart from these
Post 10 Apr 2008, 06:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thank you, vid, for sharing this useful web site. I agree with your enthusiasm for the site's high quality. I learned many things from visiting those links. Your post warrants a "sticky" in my opinion.
The broader question posed by sleepsleep's image remains: How does one translate "Garden of Eden" into the world of assembly language programming? Consider for example, the Bedouins, or Eskimos, or Sherpas of Nepal, or those urban dwellers who have never left the inner city of concrete, steel, glass and noise of automobiles. None of those groups would portray "heaven on earth" as it is depicted in this traditional fashion by sleepsleep's image above. Each culture has a vision of "paradise" which is unique according to the person's experiences. Since we program in Assembly Language, is there a vision one can imagine, to illustrate our ideal environment? Though I cannot evoke an image to explain my utopian view, I can describe it: a cpu design with so few instructions (perhaps a dozen or so) that there is no need for any compiler. I imagine that my view of paradise, so defined, would represent the antithesis of paradise, i.e. hell, for other FASM forumers, for example, those who earn money by creating unreadable code: for them, I believe that they are already living in paradise!
Smile
Post 10 Apr 2008, 09:37
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Your post warrants a "sticky" in my opinion.

not on this forum though
Post 10 Apr 2008, 09:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
and after golden age, the devil age...
ImageImage
was a nightmare, but ...
coming to be true
Post 10 Apr 2008, 23:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
edfed: what is that?
Post 11 Apr 2008, 15:19
edfed

edfed
polystiville, a sort of nighmare

a town that float on a petrol and organic lake.

people enter into and are enclosed front of a screen for many many years
no possibility to escape. inside, they will be transfered into artificial bodies, and become slaves for the eternity.

in the sky, there are giants satellites all over the world with the time on giant clocks. this cube is the P-30.A model.

it was a project of comics when i was younger, but never achieved the senario is complete, but i'm very lazy to draw all the pages. ~ 82 pages
Post 11 Apr 2008, 15:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
What exactly does "organic lake" mean? Is it some sort of lake where percentage of organic matter exceeds some specific value? (what value?) Or... ?
Post 11 Apr 2008, 16:16
Borsuc

Borsuc
maybe he meant "living lake" as in 'living creature'??

Devil Age? Watch Matrix Razz
Post 11 Apr 2008, 16:22
edfed

edfed
organic like:

what to do with all the natural bodies? there go in the lake.

but it is just a detail.
and matrix is a bit false, cause it is not machine that control our lives, but humans.
and matrix is fashion oriented, commercial, bizness...

i stopped to draw this comics when i saw matrix the movie becaus ei didn't want to be compared to this pure fashion shit
Post 11 Apr 2008, 17:44
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
then, virtually all water in the world is "organic water" today according to your definition - you would hardly find some body of water without any organic matter in it
Post 11 Apr 2008, 19:19
AlexP

AlexP
If you define 'organic' as containing carbon, then it is in almost all natural water...
Post 11 Apr 2008, 20:35
edfed

edfed
organic like full of dead bodies and oil. full of shit. not water but more mud.
if you play fallout, the same sort of nocive radioactive organic substance.
Post 11 Apr 2008, 20:46
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
What about a golden age would require a fall to some type of decadence? Consumption without guilt, ignorance of consequences, etc? Is a truely golden age impossible - merely a phase in the cultural cycle?

Is it even within our power not to repeat the mistakes of the past? We study and respect what has been told to us; and yet we are merely humans playing on the same stage. The names/abstractions change but what is really different?

Our ability (both destructive and constructive) seems greater than ever in history. I wonder if this has decreased the trust we have for one another - the stakes seem higher and we are less likely to take a chance? Shouldn't the opposite be the case?

Post 12 Apr 2008, 01:14
AlexP

AlexP
It's simple really, "Without evil there can be no good, for what would good be compared to?"
Post 12 Apr 2008, 04:43
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Fudgesicles. There is no good without fudgesicles.
Post 12 Apr 2008, 05:15
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I've never had a bad fudgesicle.
Maybe they are out there though? Laughing

Post 12 Apr 2008, 14:53
AlexP

AlexP
Quote:
Fudgesicles. There is no good without fudgesicles.
Have you ever been checked out for ADD? Smile
Post 12 Apr 2008, 15:57
rugxulo

rugxulo
AlexP wrote:
It's simple really, "Without evil there can be no good, for what would good be compared to?"

Pure good defines itself, it doesn't need a comparison for that.
Post 14 Apr 2008, 22:04

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: