flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Moderators needed: Mr. HELL ???

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Following person should become moderator
Mr. HELL, of course
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Madis731
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Xorpd!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
bitRAKE
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Other, please post
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
NO need for moderators
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DOS386

DOS386
This forum seems to have no Moderators Sad

The traditional subforum-specific ones are no longer alive (check the profiles: last posts date 1...4 years back), Loco is off, and Vid also Sad

Maybe a few other could become ? Idea

Please vote and post suggestions Idea

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 10 Mar 2008, 07:07
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I'm sure a bit of patience will show that the mods will visit and do their thing if necessary.

Tomasz, vid and LocoDelAssembly do a good job. You can't be too demanding, they don't get paid for it you know.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 07:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
and if you are present a lot of time, you'll see that vid and tomazs come at least one time a day. but, it's true they seems busy, and there is a wave of pollution posts, like remade threads.
moderators normally erase them and say it is still resolved in another thread... but, it revive the forum, like if a new generation was growing.

revolution as mod. because he is always here.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 08:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
edfed wrote:
revolution as mod. because he is always here.
Hehe, it's not quantity that matters, it is quality. edfed is also here all the time, does edfed want to be a moderator? There is much responsibility attached, you gotta be fair, tolerant and just, else you'll drive people away. See what happened to the Minuet forum, it died because the mod is ... um ... not very tolerant.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 08:24
edfed

edfed
i cannot be moderator.

as i'm frequentlly drunk, it's at you own risks Very Happy

but i see, ville is very suceptible..
i see many posts that are to be moved in existing threads. and mods takes holidays...
Post 10 Mar 2008, 08:30
revolution

revolution
edfed wrote:
as i'm frequentlly drunk
Yeah, we know. Wink
Post 10 Mar 2008, 08:33
martyrdom

martyrdom
I voted for Hell_Killer_SS because he has what you lack guys he has sense of humour
Post 10 Mar 2008, 08:54
MazeGen

MazeGen
vid is here daily, but he's got a problem with his internet connection a few weeks ago so he's online only a couple hours a day now.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 09:51
sinsi

sinsi
edfed wrote:
as i'm frequentlly drunk, it's at you own risks Very Happy

Cheers! In yer eye! I'll drink to that!
The best code comes from a drunken state, it's a matter of following it the next day.

edfed, this is ours...
Here's one for vid
Post 10 Mar 2008, 10:13
edfed

edfed
with reflexion, yep, i can be a mod, i see a lot of threads that need to be cleaned, some rearangment, some classification. a lot of work.

like, create meta threads centered on posts with good attachments, and 1 ban to do... Wink
Post 10 Mar 2008, 12:30
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
I'm a mod of a web developer's forum. It's frustrating, very time consuming and boring. Plus, you have to put up with people like edfed, sinsi, MazeGen, martyrdom, revolution, DOS386.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 16:28
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I have moderated before, and don't really like it. It would be a mistake to assume my assertiveness is a desire to lead - I'm just an opinionated bastard and can impose myself through my posts just fine. It's my belief that the community has the ablity to moderate itself to a large extent, but rather than action this requires a great deal of tolerance and reflection.

With regard to the housecleaning aspect - trust me - I'm a slob.

Post 10 Mar 2008, 16:32
revolution

revolution
Yeah, I would hate to be a mod, then I would have to put up with me. Wink

Hehe, nice post drhowarddrfine, made me laugh.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 16:34
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Sorry, I thought the topic said, "Moderators needed in Hell". Twisted Evil

Post 10 Mar 2008, 17:39
edfed

edfed
i don't want to be a moderator, but a creator. have the right to rearrange some threads, to make them more pretty. like a defrag, but on the forum, transform it in a very good referenced html encyclopedia (not like wiki), with the same presentation as the forum, but with a lot of good stuff, like the no need to refresh page to know if there are news.

for that, i try to devellop the FAB.

i want to add a PS for the martyrdom (and to show that i'm not a devil).
i'm really sorry about the poor clash we had. i post you fuck you because you was boring me with your aggressiveness, but in fact, it's not my problem, just , i ask you to become active in coding, not in trolling.

now, it's my last post about this affair. if you want ot talk, talk about coding, and only coding.
Post 10 Mar 2008, 20:21
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
sorry DOS386, i got your PM, but accessing net was quite a hell for last week (and will be for some time). I'll look into it now.

btw, revolution as moderator is a good idea Razz
Post 10 Mar 2008, 22:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
From what I've seen, revolution would probably be a decent moderator - seems to be around often enough, and doesn't spazzzz out.

revolution wrote:
Yeah, I would hate to be a mod, then I would have to put up with me. Wink
On decent forums, moderators are chosen among the ones that do not beg, and some of the better moderators have been those who didn't really want to be moderators :]
Post 11 Mar 2008, 00:55
revolution

revolution
So it looks like bitRAKE is the top candidate, being the most opposed and having experience.

hehe, sorry bitRAKE Evil or Very Mad
Post 11 Mar 2008, 01:39
victor

victor
I will vote for edfed, but with one condition - he must assure us that he will moderate only when he is 20 m away from any recently emptied bottles of ethanol based liquids!

Laughing
Post 11 Mar 2008, 02:39
edfed

edfed
revolution: to be mod don't mean to moderate constantlly, just, when some **$ù$^*ù guys post some idiotic things, you can moderate, or ban. i see you everydays on th eforum, then, it is normal you to be mod.
just to have the semi-god power.Smile

we can all be moderator, just for fun. bitrake, dosin, tom tobias, revolution, dj mauretto, victor, drhowarddrfine, but i'm sure it is a bad , very bad idea...
Post 11 Mar 2008, 11:03

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: