flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what handphone/cellphone you are using now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
i just did a monthly installment on pre-order xiaomi a1 (android one) smartphone,
it costs around RM 91.58 each month for 12 months 0% interest via maybank visa card, or RM 1099,
RM 1099 is about USD 263, so it is actually a mid-range smartphone. But it does offer some advanced features, such as wireless ac, fingerprint sensor, dual cameras, latest Android, and guaranteed updates. Looks very nice.

Wink
Post 16 Sep 2017, 13:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
yah, i think it got pretty good features, the best would be a guaranteed upgrades to android oreo and possibly android p,

i guess the best part actually is, i could pay it through installment at 0% interest, hopefully the payment process works out as i wished,
Post 16 Sep 2017, 16:58
TmX

TmX
Is there any interest in Apple's latest shiny thing: iPhone X?
Wink
Post 17 Sep 2017, 14:35
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
pricey usd 999 i think
no dual sim

a friend of mine own iphone 7 and another android that serves as wireless hotspot when he travels another country with foreign local internet sim,

troublesome for sure,
Post 17 Sep 2017, 15:13
Furs

Furs
TmX wrote:
Is there any interest in Apple's latest shiny thing: iPhone X?
Wink
It's Apple, so no for me.
Post 17 Sep 2017, 17:37
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
An entire laptop is cheaper than the iPhone X. Plus I can't see any way to simply replace the battery. And no way to run code without asking Apple for permission. So not for me: expensive, inbuilt obsolescence, third-party has control. I'll stick with my Nokia 1210.
Post 17 Sep 2017, 17:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Furs
revolution wrote:
I'll stick with my Nokia 1210.
Hah, I guess I'm not the only "weirdo" on this board then, cause you actually don't even have a "smart" phone (I do, but it came for free with the sub, not that I care of it being "smart").

I mean, I'd totally use your phone if I had it as well, I really just use it as a phone, I don't even know what I have, some Samsung phone with Android OS with 768MB of RAM and I don't really care about it as long as it can make phone calls. (yeah not even 1 gig of RAM, I see people talk about 4GB, WTF you use it for?! Shocked)

You know, it's always kinda funny when I see people talk about using their phones for "gaming" or think it's hardcore gaming playing on a stupid phone. Rolling Eyes It's an insult to real gaming.
Post 17 Sep 2017, 19:58
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Furs wrote:
... but it came for free with the sub ...
I think you'll find it wasn't free at all. It is included in the price. And if your phone company does not offer contracts without any "free" phones then they are cheating everyone by falsely advertising it as free.
Post 17 Sep 2017, 20:37
Furs

Furs
Well of course you are right, it wasn't "free". But it's not like I got the sub just to get the "free phone". In fact, it was the cheapest option available. The phone was like a bonus but I couldn't have gotten it cheaper anyway... Sad
Post 17 Sep 2017, 21:18
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

An entire laptop is cheaper than the iPhone X.

very true,
i just take a look at amazon laptop list, you can get very good one in less than usd 500,

Furs wrote:
You know, it's always kinda funny when I see people talk about using their phones for "gaming"

because doing something instead of doing nothing already become a trend that gonna replace smoking,

when you got nothing to do, and instead of allowing others to perceive that i got nothing to do, you take out your smartphone and do something, Laughing eg. gaming,

doing something probably signifies that you are busy, important person, idk,

btw, 4GB because you want to do lots of things , Wink
Post 18 Sep 2017, 00:47
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
when you got nothing to do, and instead of allowing others to perceive that i got nothing to do, you take out your smartphone and do something, Laughing
That is the perfect moment for you to ponder the meaning of life. You should NOT do so while driving!

Wink
Post 18 Sep 2017, 04:48
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
There are many Android phones with 6GB of RAM:

List of all 6GB RAM Android Phones
http://webcusp.com/list-of-all-6gb-ram-phones/

Android phones with 8GB of RAM are just around the corner:

Wait for these 8GB RAM smartphones this year if you are a multi-tasker
https://www.gizbot.com/mobile/features/wait-these-top-8gb-ram-smartphones-this-year-if-you-are-multi-tasker/articlecontent-pf73717-040491.html

Wink
Post 18 Sep 2017, 04:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yah, 6gb smartphone is coming, they are still pricey, yet cheaper than iphone x, Laughing

there will be hackers group that eventually able to put arm based linux into these phones, all these smartphones should evolve into full desktop computer,

i think i said something like this before in my thread,

there probably a new kind of business, cyber cafe that having high definition led monitor, and wireless mouse keyboard, and you connect your smartphone, bang, you can work anywhere,
Post 18 Sep 2017, 07:19
TmX

TmX
sleepsleep wrote:

there will be hackers group that eventually able to put arm based linux into these phones, all these smartphones should evolve into full desktop computer,

Librem 5 looks very interesting:
A phone running OS based on Debian. Smile

So far, the smartphone competition nowadays is divided into 2 camps:
iOS and Android. Both are non-FOSS systems. It's always nice to see alternatives.
Post 18 Sep 2017, 11:12
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
cool, hopefully someone wrote a auto-build script to auto compile kernel sources to arm build, i think neko wrote one for porteus, you could check porteus linux forum,
Post 18 Sep 2017, 11:45
Furs

Furs
sleepsleep wrote:
On your phone? Confused I guess I won't understand most people after all.

I can't understand why would anyone want to perform "multi-tasking" on such a stupid small device. To me it's an absolute pain to even type on the phone, I can't stand it. Playing "a game" on such a small thing is just as annoying (well only "casual" games, but to me gaming is more serious, requires some sort of immersion...).

Besides, using your phone to log in to stuff is a bad idea since it's not even close to secure and you have no control over this fact unlike on a PC.
Post 18 Sep 2017, 12:38
TmX

TmX
Furs wrote:

I can't understand why would anyone want to perform "multi-tasking" on such a stupid small device. To me it's an absolute pain to even type on the phone, I can't stand it. Playing "a game" on such a small thing is just as annoying (well only "casual" games, but to me gaming is more serious, requires some sort of immersion...).

Well, not every person in the world joins the PC Master Race club.
Smile
Post 18 Sep 2017, 15:24
ProphetOfDoom

ProphetOfDoom
I'm using a two-year-old BQ Aquaris E5. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself). I was an early adopter of Ubuntu phone so I was pissed off or perhaps relieved when Canonical finally admitted it was a failure. I flashed Android - now I'm quite happy with it! It was a lifesaver when I was in hospital for two weeks with pneumonia - I had no visitors because my family are all either ill or dead or evil. So I kept in touch with my sister and godmother on the smartphone. They kept me sane and happy.
Regarding what was said about Apple (that you could buy a laptop for the price of one of their phones), I have to come to Apple's defence. You're paying for quality. A few years ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop for about £600. I bought it because Lenovo has a reputation for being Linux friendly. The battery - when it was brand new - only lasted three hours! So I had to be constantly near a power outlet. It weighed far too much to use in tablet mode. It came preinstalled with a ton of adware and crapware. The battery quickly failed. It was a £600 brick. People buy Apple products to avoid all this kind of thing. Personally I don't even remotely want an iPhone but I can see why people trust and rely on them. I love my MacBook Pro and it has a 7 hour battery life, a really crisp and vivid display, a backlit keyboard that is a joy to use, plenty of RAM, it's just an awesome product. And MacOS is basically like Ubuntu but without needing to be fixed all the time.
[/Advertisement]
Post 18 Sep 2017, 16:25
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Furs wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
On your phone? Confused I guess I won't understand most people after all.

Besides, using your phone to log in to stuff is a bad idea since it's not even close to secure and you have no control over this fact unlike on a PC.

here the reason,

sleepsleep wrote:
because doing something instead of doing nothing already become a trend that gonna replace smoking,

when you got nothing to do, and instead of allowing others to perceive that i got nothing to do, you take out your smartphone and do something,

some people don't post frequently in forum or etc places because they afraid others to perceive that as he/she is not doing his/her coding job, or etc mundane, routine, official jobs, and he/she is just lurking around reading/typing something that don't help company or his/her master,

i actually doubt if we really have control over a pc or laptop, Laughing

anyway, let say we "control" in the sense, the ability to process 1 and 0, and we have the whole units of smartphone on earth to run whatever we like, Wink

i only want to control those which got 3gb and above, now, what would you like to run? Idea
Post 18 Sep 2017, 20:28
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
ProphetOfDoom wrote:
I'm using a two-year-old BQ Aquaris E5. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself). I was an early adopter of Ubuntu phone so I was pissed off or perhaps relieved when Canonical finally admitted it was a failure. I flashed Android - now I'm quite happy with it! It was a lifesaver when I was in hospital for two weeks with pneumonia - I had no visitors because my family are all either ill or dead or evil. So I kept in touch with my sister and godmother on the smartphone. They kept me sane and happy.
Regarding what was said about Apple (that you could buy a laptop for the price of one of their phones), I have to come to Apple's defence. You're paying for quality. A few years ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop for about £600. I bought it because Lenovo has a reputation for being Linux friendly. The battery - when it was brand new - only lasted three hours! So I had to be constantly near a power outlet. It weighed far too much to use in tablet mode. It came preinstalled with a ton of adware and crapware. The battery quickly failed. It was a £600 brick. People buy Apple products to avoid all this kind of thing. Personally I don't even remotely want an iPhone but I can see why people trust and rely on them. I love my MacBook Pro and it has a 7 hour battery life, a really crisp and vivid display, a backlit keyboard that is a joy to use, plenty of RAM, it's just an awesome product. And MacOS is basically like Ubuntu but without needing to be fixed all the time.
[/Advertisement]

i like device with over 7 hours battery life, i am using one acer atom tablet (windows 8.1 home), superb, it works as powerbank too, Laughing and it was around usd 100 that time, i got this almost free because a customer business went south,

to be frank, i don't buy lappy or desktop by brand, (usually), because almost 90% stuffs inside ~ werent build by those oem companies, they only assemble and provide some sort of warranty insurance, Idea

cheap, entry level and middle range windows laptop give shitty 1366x768 in year 2017, wtf with these oem brain?

ps: i don't own apple product yet, because they cost a lot here, but i am ok if anyone want to throw me his/her macbook pro / air, Laughing
Post 18 Sep 2017, 20:40

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: