flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what handphone/cellphone you are using now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
malpolud

malpolud
It is good to know the options Smile
Post 16 Jun 2013, 07:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
BTW, how come you got upset by Nokia's advertising campaign? Rolling Eyes All those "big" mobile phone manufacturers do so to promote their new products.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 07:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
maybe you want to wait samsung galaxy s4 mini?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_galaxy_s4_mini-5375.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_mini-review-932.php

or galayx chat if you like qwerty keyboard
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_chat_b5330-4866.php

touch screen just too pain to use, if you type a lot,

dont know if you like custom firmware or xda special cooked stuffs,
Post 16 Jun 2013, 08:08
malpolud

malpolud
Well I don't know how it looked like in HK, but here the commercials were a kind of irritating - 'regular' people telling how cool the phone is. I dont see other brands advertisie a lot.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 08:21
malpolud

malpolud
Touch input is not that bad. A good keyboard application almost predicts your thoughts Wink I use swift key for android.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 08:29
YONG

YONG
malpolud wrote:
Well I don't know how it looked like in HK, but here the commercials were a kind of irritating - 'regular' people telling how cool the phone is. I dont see other brands advertisie a lot.
I see. Nokia's marketing team should take your feedback seriously! Wink
Post 16 Jun 2013, 08:57
YONG

YONG
The S4 Mini seems almost perfect to me! Smile But I guess it will cost a lot more than does Lumia 720. Crying or Very sad Wink
Post 16 Jun 2013, 08:59
malpolud

malpolud
YONG do you consider buying an Android based phone?

I am not a big fan of Linux, I like Android very much though.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 09:47
YONG

YONG
The OS (Windows Phone / Android) is not a big concern to me. The apps are. Nokia Lumia provides a fantastic web mapping platform Here that can be used even offline, which is a feature I very much like and occasionally need. Wink
Post 16 Jun 2013, 10:10
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
yeah, i saw that offline map too several days ago, a nice feature to prevent unnecessary 3g data download while on road
Post 16 Jun 2013, 11:24
malpolud

malpolud
Is the "Here" app as powerful as google maps (available on Android devices)? Nokia/Ovi maps on my Nokia 5320 lack some quite important routes of my city (they did not fix anything since I have this phone - 2,5 years).

When concerning apps, some that are free for Android are not free of charge on the Windows platform.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 13:25
typedef

typedef
iOS = (Objective-C close to machine language) flawless and fluid
Android: (JAVA, BYTECODE-->VM-->MACHINECODE, lags like hell not matter your memory) Free Development tools and more revenue + less restrictions.
Most Android smart phones can't play 720p-1080p movies. The iPod touch can, again flawlessly with 100% no lag.

Google got the game though.

Android lags because of JAVA. Maybe they (Google) should release at least a C SDK so we can directly talk to the CPU instead of going through some virtual machine. I mean imagine the joy of writing inline assembly.
Post 16 Jun 2013, 15:19
TmX

TmX
typedef wrote:
Maybe they (Google) should release at least a C SDK so we can directly talk to the CPU instead of going through some virtual machine. I mean imagine the joy of writing inline assembly.

Maybe NDK is the thing you are looking after?
Post 16 Jun 2013, 15:36
YONG

YONG
malpolud wrote:
Is the "Here" app as powerful as google maps (available on Android devices)? Nokia/Ovi maps on my Nokia 5320 lack some quite important routes of my city (they did not fix anything since I have this phone - 2,5 years).
The "Here" feature seems very powerful, according to the online reviews. It provides not just maps, but also navigation and many other useful transport tips. I am not sure whether Google Maps allows users to download the maps for the entire country (or even many countries), which is allowed in "Here". Wink
Post 17 Jun 2013, 04:29
typedef

typedef
TmX wrote:
typedef wrote:
Maybe they (Google) should release at least a C SDK so we can directly talk to the CPU instead of going through some virtual machine. I mean imagine the joy of writing inline assembly.

Maybe NDK is the thing you are looking after?

:shocked:

I didn't know it already existed. Oh well... Downloading it.
Post 17 Jun 2013, 08:08
TmX

TmX
typedef wrote:

I didn't know it already existed. Oh well... Downloading it.

Thanks to NDK, newLISP and 4th had been successfully ported to Android.

Now, I guess the challenge is to write GUI apps fully using NDK. Wink
Post 17 Jun 2013, 09:13
typedef

typedef
TmX wrote:
Now, I guess the challenge is to write GUI apps fully using NDK. Wink

Meh ! If they have libraries for it it won't be a big deal. Just same old void * pointer = createThis(parameters), useThis(&pointer); closeThis(&pointer);

or pointer = createThis(); pointer->callThis();
Post 17 Jun 2013, 11:58
malpolud

malpolud
YONG wrote:
I am not sure whether Google Maps allows users to download the maps for the entire country (or even many countries), which is allowed in "Here". Wink

Of course it does both navigation and allows downloading maps, so they could be used to offline viewing and navigation Smile

E: to be clear, unfortunately you cant download as many data as you want, it is limited to a couple of thousands square kilometers. I bet, google is preparing a release version (still beta) of navigation, which won't be free of charge Wink

Post 17 Jun 2013, 16:42
YONG

YONG
malpolud wrote:
E: to be clear, unfortunately you cant download as many data as you want, it is limited to a couple of thousands square kilometers. I bet, google is preparing a release version (still beta) of navigation, which won't be free of charge Wink
It seems that I am making a good choice! Wink
Post 18 Jun 2013, 03:03
malpolud

malpolud
I hope that you will like it!
Post 18 Jun 2013, 16:18

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: