flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > RE Job...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Someone emailed me looking for a Reverser:
Quote:
SGIS currently has a need for a Reverse Engineer.

JOB DESCRIPTION: Reverse Engineer
Work as a member of the Applied Technology Unit (ATU) of the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations (JTF-GNO), located in Arlington, VA. Essential Functions: Work with debuggers and disassembles to perform reverse engineering, forensic examinations, and system reviews.

REQUIRED SKILLS: Minimum of 5+ years of experience, including extensive DoD / federal government experience. Skilled in Olly Dbg, IDA Pro, Soft ICE, Linux gdb/ Assembly, C/C++. Good understanding of operating system internals, low level and high level software concepts, and an understanding of the various types of malicious code (i.e trojans, worms, toolkits etc.). Can work with minimal guidance. skilled in the use of system monitoring tools like regmon, filemon, process explorer, process monitor etc.

REQUIRED EDUCATION: BS Degree

REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Candidate must have DOD TS/SCI clearance

Heather Oldham
Resource Manager

1000 Corporate Drive
Suite 280
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Tel: 954-566-4771
Fax: 954-208-0227

Post 18 Mar 2008, 21:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
r22

r22
DOD TS/SCI clearance seems a bit overboard for none nuclear/WMD or advanced propulsion research.

*oh, just noticed the locations are where the CIA & NSA like to hang out.

That would be an entertaining job, wonder how much they pay. (Too bad I only have secret clearance)
Post 18 Mar 2008, 22:57
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
AlexP

AlexP
Okay, how do you get any sort of clearance? *conspiracy!*
Post 19 Mar 2008, 13:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
DOD TS/SCI clearance? Something like you haven't been a KGB agent? :-)
Post 19 Mar 2008, 14:07
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
looks like bit more than that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._security_clearance_terms

I'm sure you'll get one if you say you are atheist anarcho-communist Wink
Post 19 Mar 2008, 14:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid wrote:
...I'm sure you'll get one if you say you are atheist anarcho-communist ...

Hanssen held TOP SECRET clearance from his first day at the FBI in 1976. He received his initial SCI clearance in June 1980, roughly one year after his first counterintelligence assignment, and would be cleared for at least five more SCI programs over the course of his FBI employment. According to court documents and interviews, while working as a double agent for the GRU, the KGB, and its successor intelligence services in Russia, Robert Philip Hanssen.....
Post 19 Mar 2008, 18:20
r22

r22
re: AlexP

Just find a job with a company that takes government contracts and the company will help you get the clearance necessary to perform your job.

Getting secret clearance was simple as ...
- Proving legal citizenship
- Getting a BCI check (background and fingerprint)
- Filling out ~30 pages of background information (self history) on a *.gov site that goes back ~7+ years

Now TS/SCI involves the above and ...
- Polygraphed interview
- Interviews with family and friends that you entered into your self history
Post 19 Mar 2008, 20:15
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Man, is the government overbloated or what! And they are (dare I say) so full of themselves to make such an arduous and impossible application process. But I guess it's maybe?? a "necessary evil".

Still, good thing I'm as dumb as a stack of hay so I don't have to put up with that junk. (I pity you geniuses and your 80-hour work weeks.) Wink

Last edited by rugxulo on 24 Mar 2008, 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Post 24 Mar 2008, 04:16
AlexP

AlexP
Quote:

Now TS/SCI involves the above and ...
- Polygraphed interview
- Interviews with family and friends that you entered into your self history

So anybody can just go out and get TS clearance (provided that they have a perfect history, great everything) even though they may not have any reason to?
Post 24 Mar 2008, 04:56
tom tobias

tom tobias
AlexP wrote:
...So anybody can just go out and get TS clearance (provided that they have a perfect history, great everything) even though they may not have any reason to?
No. It is not like getting a hair cut, or buying some new shoes. One must be employed by a military contractor, AND have a need to access top secret materials, for example, when I worked for an aerospace company, on the design of a new attack helicopter, to replace the existing one, there was a SEPARATE group, with a distinct access, who had TS clearance. Same building, same company, same general type of work (computer simulation), same project, but they had access to documents and pilots with a different focus from the main group, to which I belonged.
Generally, unless one has superior leadership skills, AND programming ability, such opportunities are few and far between. In view of my history of opposition to the war in VietNam, I was a bit surprised when I was invited to apply for it, but, even those guys can err once in a while!!!
Smile Laughing
Post 24 Mar 2008, 10:55
tom tobias

tom tobias
rugxulo wrote:
...Still, good think I'm as dumb as a stack of hay
Gosh, if your skill and intellect correspond to sweet smelling, nutritious HAY, then, I must be nothing more than the straw stuffing that goes into mattresses;
http://www.delsjourney.com/travels_2001-02/story_list/us/hay_and_straw.htm
Smile
Post 24 Mar 2008, 11:05
AlexP

AlexP
You never cease to amaze me tom.
Post 24 Mar 2008, 14:35
rugxulo

rugxulo
Heh, "good think" ... oops! Corrected. (I rest my case, your honor.) Razz
Post 24 Mar 2008, 21:21

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: