flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Adjusting single notes in polyphonic recordings w software

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MCD

MCD
I just found this amazing site, which provides a sample video of the claimed world premiere software Direct Notes Access by melodyne_ that allows to adjust individual notes in arbitrary polyphonic recordings (not Midi files) in both pitch and time.
It's just amazing. Also it's price is kind of amazing:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna&L=1

Hmm, unfortunately, I'm not a musician, but I'm sure there are some here on this board.
Post 13 Mar 2008, 16:10
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
if it really works... amazing
Post 13 Mar 2008, 16:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
the best is to play music with real instruments on a scene. the warm contact of people, the power of dBs, noise and sweat.

it can be a real good idea to make it with assembly. for embeded hardware. then, if i have a portable box to generate sounds and play samples with a controll from a midi instrument... but i'm not musician. ich liebe ihr idea...
Post 13 Mar 2008, 17:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DJ Mauretto

DJ Mauretto
Hello Laughing
I tried now this software (Demo Version) is very ugly and stupid Laughing
it's a useless toy , the algorithm is a simply fourier transform -Time domain to
frequency domain and so on...i think that the success of this software it's related with stupid of people that use it Laughing
If you need a musician , I play piano and write music for string orchestra, Wink
Post 13 Mar 2008, 19:47
edfed

edfed
good, i like real musicians.
it's the music i listen... and it come from real instruments... electronic music is good sometimes, but it's not the best.

the only domain where e music is good is for intro with crescendo. because it is space.
Post 13 Mar 2008, 20:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vov4ik

Vov4ik
I also think, it is a Fourier transformer and harmonic analyser. I had tried similar program (a kind of WAV2MIDI), it does not work well even on simple melodies. An only innovation of this program is a sound editor, i think.
Post 13 Mar 2008, 23:10
MCD

MCD
DJ Mauretto wrote:
Hello Laughing
I tried now this software (Demo Version) is very ugly and stupid Laughing
it's a useless toy , the algorithm is a simply fourier transform -Time domain to
frequency domain and so on...i think that the success of this software it's related with stupid of people that use it Laughing

The first thing that came into my mind when I first saw the description of their program and their video was that this is probably also just another hoax, but I'm not so sure for that.

Are you sure you are actually trying their new program, the version 2 of the direct note access? because what you described above sounded a bit like their old version.
Post 14 Mar 2008, 04:23
ender

ender
That's very interesting piece of software. I wonder if not to try it out. But I guess it could be quite easy to get disappointed - frequency analysis of complex sounds can be really an issue. I tried to use some software of similar kind - WAV to MIDI converter. Oh, how it sucked...
The video demo looks promising but it's only a video. I wouldn't expect from the software to cope with "real" music as easily as it does there. But it sounds so promising that maybe I'll decide to download and try it out.
What I'm very curious of is what algorithms did they use as problems they have to face are rather hard. I was thinking once about some kind of heuristical algorithm that would recover pitches from a WAV, and then maybe analyse them and put to some harmonical structures, but finally I gave up. Maybe the guy who wrote the stuff just didnt? - Respect.

Oh and "hello" to all of you, folks. It's been really, really, really a looong time since I've put my previous post on this forum.

Post 14 Mar 2008, 07:51
DJ Mauretto

DJ Mauretto
Quote:
Are you sure you are actually trying their new program, the version 2 of the direct note access? because what you described above sounded a bit like their old version.

I just downloaded DEMO Cre8 version,but i don't think that change from other version ,the algorithm is always the same , please download e try and post here your sensation.I work with electronic music from 20 years,i have seen many software fail with their promises,Perhaps it inspired a teenager, but not me i'm 39 ,learn music and physical sound from 20 years Wink
Post 14 Mar 2008, 12:42
rugxulo

rugxulo
ender wrote:

Oh and "hello" to all of you, folks. It's been really, really, really a looong time since I've put my previous post on this forum.

Really? New account?

Quote:

Surprised
Post 17 Mar 2008, 19:22
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
His previous posts were in "Heap", before I turned of the automatic pruning of the old threads from the "Heap" forum, you know. Wink
Post 17 Mar 2008, 20:22
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
It may be useful for bad singers to clean up track, if it works well enough. I suppose that for single "instrument" it does - there are some expensive tools for pop singers that automaticaly adjust pitch (so they can focus on choreography Very Happy )
Post 17 Mar 2008, 22:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: