flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > tetris programming language

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i got this idea just a moment ago.

how bout an application that use tetris blocks to build a logical start to end application.

i think the final result will be more compresible compare to current available programming language. and of course, best to debug if something wrong. coz all the flow could be seen.

Post 07 Feb 2008, 14:42
MHajduk

MHajduk
What operations do you want to assign to the particular "tetris blocks"? Will this language be similar to assembler or rather it will be HLL?

Your idea is interesting in general, but you should say more details about realization. Smile
Post 07 Feb 2008, 15:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jack

Jack
the Idea is not entirely new, have a look at the programming language "Peter" http://www.gemtree.com/peter.htm
Post 07 Feb 2008, 16:10
asmhack

asmhack
you mean an user programming interface - ide
and i think that this would have a lot of disadvantages, especially in big projects... still the idea is nice but only for programming learning purposes...
something like this:

Description:
Filesize: 85.29 KB
Viewed: 3445 Time(s)

SP_A0260.jpg

Post 07 Feb 2008, 18:45
edfed

edfed
yeah, this is the language i use on paper...
it's a good way to code, it halps to find shortcuts and compression of algorithm. but with the practice, i am able to code without this, and directlly in asm.
for exemple, i've coded the IRQ1, keyboard handler without any paper, and later, i tried to make it cleaner, with ORGANIGRAM, it was impossible, i've made the clean code directlly in asm.

so, to speak about tetris language, or else, it's endless, cause:
if you are a good programmer (i don't speak about me, i'm not a programmer, just a coder) , you can code in machine language, if not, you're only playing with LEGO (tm)
many languages are LEGO, and for mister everybody, like QB, VB, JAVA, etc... theses languages have an utility in the early days of PC, when there were only little screen resolution, no possibility to print many lines like nowadays. C language was helpfull cause of it's compression on screen, one line in C is many more in asm. can you code something good in asm on a DOS editor, with 80*25 text resolution? it's hard, you don't see all the code at the same time, you are limited by this old system of short names.
today, this problem is fixed, you can see your asm code in high resolution, have an overview of the code with the scroll of the mouse, etc...
now, we can code everything in asm.
Post 07 Feb 2008, 21:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
Wacky ideas... reminds me of piet. Also check out the other languages...
Post 08 Feb 2008, 00:23
asmhack

asmhack
f0dder wrote:
Wacky ideas... reminds me of piet. Also check out the other languages...

agree..
btw here is a prime number generator 'i' coded in piet but i have some buffer overflow in the code.. can you help me to fix it ? Laughing here is the code:

(i think i should replace the green pixel at 222,84 with a red one.. Confused )

Description: code:
Filesize: 4.72 KB
Viewed: 3396 Time(s)

erat2_big.png

Post 08 Feb 2008, 02:11
edfed

edfed
this language seems to be really, really, really brain fucker!

hey, new language:
constututed by opcodes, imagine, source and destination operands, and sequential play of the code.
hem, and different zones, for programs, datas, with some sytems to execute sub codes, with asynchronous events, yeah, i'm sure that a language like this will be good... i don't know if it exists, but it seems to be good.... Laughing
Post 12 Feb 2008, 18:44
rugxulo

rugxulo
Heh, no, I think we have enough crazy languages with Brainf***, Befunge, Intercal, Whitespace, PL/1, APL, Prolog, COBOL, and IOCCC. Wink

http://99-bottles-of-beer.net/
Post 13 Feb 2008, 07:29
edfed

edfed
i've found a start for this new language:

to copy a value to memory: mov [mem],value

to execute a subcode: call subcode

to handle asynchronous events: mov [irqN],intvectorN

but i have problems to define the others instructions, caqn u help me? please!
Post 13 Feb 2008, 13:15
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i actually think that programming should be intergrated with database.
the idea is.

let say, u create a button, then the button is save in a database as a record. or etc objects, listview, frame, etc.

then to make, u just use SQL language to select whatever object u want from the database, then it will give u an application.

the pros is, u can resuse a lot of the code, coz they are saved in a viewable, searchable database. just pick watever u want, then make

without all the nasty thousand individual files.
Post 13 Feb 2008, 13:58
edfed

edfed
then look, it makes a lot of loops.

the ball is eip.
the bar is the task scheduler.

Description: ufonoss !
Download
Filename: kasbrick.zip
Filesize: 22.3 KB
Downloaded: 54 Time(s)

Post 15 Mar 2008, 20:35
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep wrote:
...u can resuse a lot of the code, coz they are saved in a viewable, searchable database. just pick watever u want,...
sleepsleep thus proposes "programming" based upon selection of symbols conveying a meaning, as opposed to more traditional methods, phonetic based, i.e. choosing symbols which convey a meaning through SOUND: for instance, ROL, rotate left, MOV, move, ADC, add with carry. For westerners, it is alien to think of language as a series of symbols each of which conveys a MEANING, as opposed to a SOUND. The plus symbol, +, for instance, conveys the meaning of add. But the letter c, does not contain any meaning in and of itself. So +c, could be construed as ADC, by some convention. But, the letter c in that context, would still be a PHONETIC symbol, corresponding to the English word: "carry". HanZi, by contrast, convey a MEANING, not a sound. The equivalent of ADC might be a schematic picture of a woman carrying a bunch of new firewood to a storage depot which already has some firewood, (I don't know what the symbol for ADC might be, I am simply offering a hypothetical illustration.) Chinese, including those living in Indonesia, Malaysia, VietNam, and elsewhere, think quite differently about logic, than we do. For them, the most logical way of doing anything, is to write a sequence of symbols, much as sleepsleep described, each of which conveys a MEANING, not a sound.
The Chinese believe, and I have no data to refute them, that their method leads to higher productivity, greater efficiency, and a higher literacy rate with increased reading comprehension compared with other cultures/languages. Who can argue to the contrary?
Although Burmese-Tibetan language is in the Sino-Tibetan family containing dozens of mutually unintelligible Chinese languages, Tibetan uses a phonological alphabet, derived from Hindu/Sanscrit. http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/9594/tibet.html
This certainly underscores one element of the decades long struggle for independence of the Tibetan people against the hegemony of the Chinese military, which occupied Tibet in 1950, fearing invasion by USA.
http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/c08dd24cec417021/id/337328/cs/1/
For sure, the USA would love to control that water supply to the whole of Asia: At least a dozen famous rivers commence in the Tibetan highlands.
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/asia_ref_2007.jpg
Here's a simple story about how USA regulates its own water supply:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/03/science/earth/03water.html

There are few articles in the literature describing use of Chinese HanZi to represent ideas, instead of phonetic based symbols, in programming a computer:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/gregs/ll1-discuss-archive-html/msg01150.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English-based_programming_languages

The challenge for Chinese computer scientists is to develop a native cpu architecture for which an assembly language would consist not of PinYin symbols (phonological), but of HanZi (ideograms). That is their goal. I expect they will achieve it. Maybe sleepsleep's idea of using tetris, will seem highly productive in that context.
Smile
Post 15 Mar 2008, 22:52

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: