flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Question to Tomasz Grysztar.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Everhest

Everhest
Hello. I ask the permit on publication in russia. My person will translate some your subject a forum and I upload them on fasm.moy.su No commerce.

Quote:
Прошу разрешить воспользоваться вашими материалами форумов заранее мной переведенными на русский язык и опубликованными на русском портале совершенно бесплатно доступными для скачивания.

Post 10 Jul 2008, 10:57
MHajduk

MHajduk
Little remark: in the PDF document 'Стек.pdf' you should change every word 'STECK' to 'STACK'. Smile
Code:
stack.init
stack.push SIZE_OF_PROGRAMMING_STECK    
BTW, the stack is based on the LIFO (Last In First Out) principle, not FIFO. Wink
Post 10 Jul 2008, 12:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Everhest

Everhest
I ask the pardon.I am a dunce.Smile I am a schoolboy and my web site build for school people.

Quote:
BTW, the stack is based on the LIFO (Last In First Out) principle, not FIFO. Wink

Sorry, i'm write in *.pdf with stack and liason list. I have mixed up.

Amongst schoolboys much programmers (Fasm) and will beside my web site success. As your opinion? Thank you.
Post 10 Jul 2008, 22:27
Everhest

Everhest
1 aug 2008 Will be an english version my web site.
Post 10 Jul 2008, 22:30
comrade

comrade
How old are you?
Post 10 Jul 2008, 23:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Everhest

Everhest
15 and programming on assembler 2 year. Why you this has asked?
Post 11 Jul 2008, 10:32
tom tobias

tom tobias
Everhest wrote:
I am a schoolboy
comrade wrote:
How old are you?
Everhest wrote:
Why you this has asked?
In my opinion, comrade inquired about your age in a friendly manner, as if to signal admiration for your accomplishment: at age 15 you already have TWO years of assembly language programming experience!!! Wow! That's terrific!!! When I was 15, I had not yet EVEN BEGUN to study assembly language programming of the then popular "desktop computer" of that era PDP-1
Embarassed

At age 15, I also did not study mathematics, science, languages, or philosophy. If memory serves me well, my principle investigations in those tumultuous times, were focused on understanding certain, particular, gender specific aspects of human reproductive physiology.....

Rolling Eyes
Post 11 Jul 2008, 12:31
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
tom tobias: Curious that you mention the PDP-1 as a "desktop computer". I doubt that any computer of that time would have been available/affordable to the average person. Today, it is almost expected that the average person has at least one computer (and often more than one).
Post 11 Jul 2008, 13:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
@tom: Maybe your text is too difficult to read for a person only 15 and with a different mother language. Smile
Post 11 Jul 2008, 13:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Everhest

Everhest
Madis731 wrote:
@tom: Maybe your text is too difficult to read for a person only 15 and with a different mother language. Smile

Yes. I easy understand.

tom tobias
Quote:
gender specific aspects of human reproductive physiology

Sorry. I have not understood. You about sexual satisfaction most it self?

Post 11 Jul 2008, 17:27
Everhest

Everhest
I distress situation on my native land. The schoolboy's programmer's obstruct in development. What occurs in your country's?
Post 11 Jul 2008, 17:41
Artlav

Artlav
Пока очень даже недурно. Я бы порекомендовал слегка убавить пёстрость.
Идея хорошая, успехов.

Everhest wrote:
Sorry. I have not understood. You about sexual satisfaction most it self?
Он писал в форме комплимента, что в его случае в 15 лет его больше интересовали подробности женского пола чем математика, языки, науки и программирование.

Everhest wrote:
I distress situation on my native land. The schoolboy's programmer's obstruct in development. What occurs in your country's?

А можно по-русски, что сейчас у нас по вашему плохо с программированием для школьнико?
Post 11 Jul 2008, 18:13
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Everest: Starting in 13 gives you great headstart against others, and great advantage later when looking for job. Just keep learning new stuff, and don't hesitate to ask here if you can't find solution yourself.
Post 11 Jul 2008, 18:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Everhest

Everhest
Artlav wrote:
А можно по-русски, что сейчас у нас по вашему плохо с программированием для школьнико?

Да, вы совершенно ясно поняли мою мысль. Очень трудно ознакомиться с ассемблером без плана действий, да уроки ICeZelion'a помогли, но многое пришлось искать буквально по обрывкам из статей. Вот я и решил создать свою "школу", в которой весьма легко будет обучиться. Одно меня радует, что удалось недавно подключить интернет и то настолько устал от googl'a, что хочеться уехать куда нибудь отдохнуть от всего на море или т.п.

vid wrote:
Everest: Starting in 13 gives you great headstart against others, and great advantage later when looking for job. Just keep learning new stuff, and don't hesitate to ask here if you can't find solution yourself.

Ok. Thank you.

Post 11 Jul 2008, 22:08
Everhest

Everhest
Artlav
На счет пестрости, дизайн и оформление будем менять с другом после летних каникул. Спасибо за замечание.

Post 11 Jul 2008, 22:12
tom tobias

tom tobias
revolution wrote:
Curious that you mention the PDP-1 as a "desktop computer".
Of course, you are absolutely correct, as the photograph in the link revealed--that "desktop" unit required a huge amount of space. The rationale for using quotation marks: " ", was meant to indicate that it was, of course, NOT actually a desktop computer, but that it WAS the LEAST expensive computer of that era--officially it was a "minicomputer"--a term which, a decade later, evolved into a "micro" processor, to differentiate it, from the considerably larger "mini" computer. The metaphor here is perhaps opaque: Everhest is a 15 year old kid who already knows a great deal about computer architecture by virtue of having programmed for two years. An old guy like me is very much like that photograph of the old PDP computers: clumsy, slow, inept, and bulky. Everhest is like the new generation of cpu's: lithe, resourceful, smooth, effortless, efficient.
Madis731 wrote:
Maybe your text is too difficult to read
Even I have trouble understanding what I write.
Embarassed
You are absolutely correct. I am grateful to revolution, Artlav, vid, and you for helping the communication process by translating my verbosity into intelligent written language....
Confused
The main point of my response was meant to encourage Everhest, and to illustrate, if possible, the disparity between computer programming of olden times, and modern trends. One of my favorite topics of discussion on this forum is the notion that we need a new cpu architecture which embraces the modern advances in memory availability, and to redesign not only our motherboards/cpu but our assembly language to accommodate that significant change from olden times, when memory was so precious. Indeed, the high cost of memory in those days led to development of entire institutions, (including permissions to access files) as programmers struggled to accommodate the FACT that a single cpu was obliged to share its very precious, and scarce, resources with multiple users all operating concurrently. Everhest has a very different computing environment, yet, that old photograph of the PDP-1 reveals the fact that SOME FEATURES of those computers from half a century ago, still dominate our thinking today....C and UNIX were derived from the limitations of that ancient PDP environment--an environment which IN THOSE DAYS represented the most modern capability available.
Sad
Today, four--five decades later, we still are following the old conventions, the old methods. I believe that we need to CHANGE our thinking, to catch up to Everhest!! And that means, we need to DISCARD the old fashioned idea that memory is so precious, as it was in the era when UNIX was invented. In turn, that thought, requires us to ask, which OTHER notions from the '50's and '60's, particularly our practices in assembly language programming, could ALSO be very much, OBSOLETE. There is much to be done. (I am not writing only to criticize XOR, but use of stack, for example, FPU instructions, use of multiple addressing modes, etc...) There are MANY habits, which we assembly language programmers have acquired these past fifty years, NOT because they represent the BEST way to do something, but because of
(a) tradition, or,
(b) the myth of "saving memory",
(c) the myth of "saving time".
Sad
Since Everhest is NEW to the field, yet also experienced, he can contribute to this task of dissecting the OLD, obsolete ideas, replacing them with entirely NEW approaches, based upon the abundance of cheap memory.

Smile
Post 12 Jul 2008, 00:46
asmhack

asmhack
i could say that learning assembly as first language, has a little disadvantage: after learning assembly you DON'T want to learn other programming language Razz (hey! maybe that's not a disadvantage at all.. Smile )
Post 12 Jul 2008, 08:39
m

m
i wonder why he chose assembly at the age of 13 ? was that a conscious decision ?

comment on asmhack' reply:
after learning assembly you become careful about computer resource handling (may be).
@asmhack: what does that Om (ॐ) symbol mean to you?

Post 12 Jul 2008, 09:27
asmhack

asmhack
m wrote:
i wonder why he chose assembly at the age of 13 ? was that a conscious decision ?

comment on asmhack' reply:
after learning assembly you become careful about computer resource handling (may be).

yep, that's what i am saying

m wrote:

@asmhack: what does that Om (ॐ) symbol mean to you?

Ohm Namah Shivaya!

it's also the symbol of the music i love Razz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitzhonot
Post 12 Jul 2008, 10:42
Everhest

Everhest
tom tobias wrote:
Today, four--five decades later, we still are following the old conventions, the old methods. I believe that we need to CHANGE our thinking, to catch up to Everhest!! And that means, we need to DISCARD the old fashioned idea that memory is so precious, as it was in the era when UNIX was invented. In turn, that thought, requires us to ask, which OTHER notions from the '50's and '60's, particularly our practices in assembly language programming, could ALSO be very much, OBSOLETE. There is much to be done. (I am not writing only to criticize XOR, but use of stack, for example, FPU instructions, use of multiple addressing modes, etc...) There are MANY habits, which we assembly language programmers have acquired these past fifty years, NOT because they represent the BEST way to do something, but because of
(a) tradition, or,
(b) the myth of "saving memory",
(c) the myth of "saving time".
Sad
Since Everhest is NEW to the field, yet also experienced, he can contribute to this task of dissecting the OLD, obsolete ideas, replacing them with entirely NEW approaches, based upon the abundance of cheap memory.

I'm always strove to old stiletto of the programming. Me enraptured the code that who began together with computer era! He seem - that graven in stone! This not you it is necessary to learn - we study by you. I much do not know, but I try .

asmhack wrote:
i could say that learning assembly as first language, has a little disadvantage: after learning assembly you DON'T want to learn other programming language Razz (hey! maybe that's not a disadvantage at all.. Smile )

assembler my third programming language. The First and interesting this was Turbo Passcall, I his studied without computer. On book in library. When have bought the computer, 2 months programming on Passcal , on Delphi then and floor of the year programmed. Then, the friend has advised MASM, (MASM - not interesting) and I became on FASM.

Post 12 Jul 2008, 11:45

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: