flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Windows 7

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TmX

TmX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

Quote:

A minimalistic variation of the Windows kernel, known as MinWin, is being developed for use in Windows 7. The MinWin development efforts are aimed towards componentizing the Windows kernel and reducing the dependencies with a view to carving out the minimal set of components required to build a self-contained kernel as well as reducing the disk footprint and memory usage. MinWin takes up about 25 MB on disk and has a working set (memory usage) of 40 MB. It lacks a graphical user interface and is interfaced using a full-screen command line interface. It includes the I/O and networking subsystems.

Should be more interesting than Vista, huh ? Very Happy
Post 01 Feb 2008, 13:02
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I remember when Windows 3.0 first came out all those years ago. After using it for a short while I decided that the startup file didn't deserve the name it was given. The file was originally called "win.com", which I renamed to "lose.com" within the first day of me using it. This renaming became a habit and I continued it right up to and including Win98. It wasn't until Win2K that I finally thought the name "lose" was not appropriate anymore. Ever since 2K, the ride has been pretty good for the most part. But now as Vista comes along I feel like going back to those "lose" thoughts. I have a significant loss of faith in MS because of the decisions made for Vista and I can't seem to shake them when people talk about Win7. It seems Win7 will be another backward step in OS development. More overbearing and patronising than ever before. I do hope I am wrong and that instead Win7 will be a positive improvement, but right now, sadly, it looks like it will be getting worse before it gets better in the Windows camp.
Post 01 Feb 2008, 13:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
madmatt

madmatt
Here's some more info on Windows 7:
http://www.crn.com/software/204400536;jsessionid=2GGONZEHOPAJWQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN
Quote:
Should be more interesting than Vista, huh ?

Yes!, there finally trimming the mega-fat from the OS, which should've been done right after the realease of XP!
Post 02 Feb 2008, 16:00
Vasilev Vjacheslav

Vasilev Vjacheslav
another method of getting money from users
Post 03 Feb 2008, 18:24
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
looks good...
Post 03 Feb 2008, 20:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wrote:

Quote:
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Johnleemk (Talk | contribs) at 12:42, 24 September 2003

Quote:
Windows Blackcomb is an upcoming version of Microsoft Windows, following Windows Longhorn which is due around the year 2008. It will have both a version for the client, or average user, and servers.

Yeah ... M$ has the exclusive right for free advertising at Wipkipedia Sad

Quote:
14:32, 3 June 2007 ^demon (Talk | contribs) deleted "DexOS" ‎ (Closing prod)

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 18 Feb 2008, 06:16

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: