flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > depression deltamoral=0?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
coding everydays since 3 years...
result = 0
only bad design, bad ideas, strange mind...
and sad life...

coding, why?

new year, Crying or Very sad
Post 26 Dec 2007, 16:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Code tutorials instead. XD
Post 26 Dec 2007, 17:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
edfed wrote:
coding everydays since 3 years...
result = 0
Maybe you should take some rest (vacation)? After it you will be more creative (verified in own experience). Very Happy
Post 26 Dec 2007, 17:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
to ts:
maybe you should stop aim for perfect.
Post 26 Dec 2007, 18:21
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
coding, why?

Try to learn more by listening to others, and less by trying just yourself.

Trying everything yourself is VERY important, inevitable, but alone it isn't enough. Read tutorials, learn new technologies and mess with them, always learn new ways instead of staying with ways you already know.
Post 26 Dec 2007, 18:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Avec la patience, on vient a bout de tout
Smile
Post 26 Dec 2007, 20:23
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
What do you want from your coding and what stands in you way?
Post 26 Dec 2007, 21:23
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
Edfed, I like how you are willing to work with others on various projects. That is definitely a plus in many regards.

My best advice is to take your time, read through many different thoughts/ideas and try and don't aim for speed. Aim for understanding.

You have coded many great things my friend, so don't give up quite yet. Very Happy
Post 27 Dec 2007, 21:42
edfed

edfed
thank you all...
it helps to find a reason to be for this shit of binary file...
battle vs ms needs some encouragements...

hardwork wait for ME
not ME as edfed
me as the idea
Post 28 Dec 2007, 05:44
edfed

edfed
i've found a reason, if i'm disgusted of coding, it's only because i'm the lonelly coder of all my community...
i don't have any friend in coding, all people i know don't care about, and more, they told to me it's shit and endless.
Post 12 Jan 2008, 01:21
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Same here edfed - it is really bad for morale! Embarassed I once had a woman who liked to see my little proggies - it was like heaven - nothing but hell since. Evil or Very Mad Now I code for me - guess I always did, really.
Post 12 Jan 2008, 01:47
edfed

edfed
me too, but, nowadays, i help my little brother, he lives with me, and seek a job, and the only things he can say to me, is demoralising...

and when i seek job, he constantly says:
beuhehuueh, informaticien, c'est de la merde, en plus t'y connais rien et ça sert a rien...
my mind is strong, but not enough to endure this everydays...
as a result, my last real code in date is the text find algo..
Post 12 Jan 2008, 02:11
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Of course, there is truth in even the harshest words from a brother, but you already know this technology will be gone one day - not today, though.

Another way of looking at it is that we never learn just one thing. No matter how hard we focus our attention the universe is too connected for our perception to exclude the things that are out of focus. Look at this research: http://www.dsp.ece.rice.edu/cs/ - very interesting ideas.

My grandfather was a watchmaker and he could explain the world through watches. We are all saying the same things in some way, but life kind of puts twists on the language we use to explain things. I hope you are able to find some comfort to pursue your passions - nothing but good could come from it.
Post 12 Jan 2008, 03:27
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
edfed wrote:

battle vs ms needs some encouragements...
Well, there's something to get excited about. Work on an open source project that competes with MS. You can become well known and, perhaps, a good job from it.
Post 12 Jan 2008, 16:08
Borsuc

Borsuc
have you considered that your brother might not be right and possibly overzealous or simply not knowing what he's talking about?

Quote:
speaking out in ignorance may impress others who know less than you do, but it won't impress those who know the truth
Post 14 Jan 2008, 17:16
rugxulo

rugxulo
edfed wrote:
i've found a reason, if i'm disgusted of coding, it's only because i'm the lonelly coder of all my community...
i don't have any friend in coding, all people i know don't care about, and more, they told to me it's shit and endless.

It's easy for a small-minded person to stomp all over your dreams.

Paradoxical Commandments (not religion-oriented although Mother Theresa loved 'em)

Kent M. Keith wrote:

1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
4. The good you do today, will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
9. People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

And yet, there is indeed a good religious parallel here (seriously! it's very appropriate here!): Ecclesiastes (book from Bible/Old Testament)

introduction to Ecclesiastes wrote:

The book is concerned with the purpose and value of human life. While admitting the existence of a divine plan, it considers such a plan to be hidden from man, who seeks happiness without ever finding it here below (Eccl 3:11; 8:7, 17). Ecclesiastes applies his "Vanity of vanities" to everything "under the sun," even to that wisdom which seeks to find at last a semblence of good in the things of the world. Merit does not yield happiness for it is often tried by suffering. Riches and pleasures do not avail. Existence is monotonous, enjoyment fleeting and vain; darkness quickly follows. Life, then, is an enigma beyond human ability to solve.

While Ecclesiastes concedes that there is an advantage for man in the enjoyment of certain legitimate pleasures lest he lapse into pessimism and despair, he nevertheless considers this indulgence also vanity unless man returns due thanks to the Creator who has given him all. Under this aspect, earthly wisdom would rise to the higher level of true spiritual wisdom. This true wisdom is not found "under the sun" but is perceived only by the light of faith, inasmuch as it rests with God, who is the final Judge of the good and the bad, and whose reign endures forever. The Epilogue gives the clue to this thought (Eccl 12:13, 14).

P.S. If you need something to spark your x86 asm interest again, try reading from here: GameDev.net, it certainly interested me! Very Happy
Post 25 Jan 2008, 06:00
edfed

edfed
game dev yes, after osdev and 3Denginedev. studes are not always at college.
there i prepare a master in something, i don't know what for the moment, electronics? computers? robotics? i try to learn things and others, and i've found a good way to spend my time in asm programming. it's an excellent exercise to don't lose technics.

about life, i think it's like time. not more, not less.
Post 25 Jan 2008, 06:12

edfed, if you're really fed-up then try some High Level Language.
I will recommend Java or Python Smile
It's easier to do big applications in Java than in Python (I think).
And there are many girls doing Python and Java. So will get a female companion as well.
Assembly coders really have tough life Sad

I think I am out of this assembly fever now!
The movs, cmps and jmps seem pretty scary now >_<
Post 25 Jan 2008, 06:25
tom tobias

tom tobias
0.1 wrote:
...It's easier to do big applications in Java than in Python (I think). ...
Or, is it simply the foreign investment leaders are unable themselves to program with ASM? i.e. the employment opportunities for software engineers in India in 2008, as was the case for software engineers in USA in 1968, is limited to a few "high level languages". In 1968, it was COBOL. Today it is apparently Java. Both horrible, as far as I am concerned.
0.1 wrote:
...I think I am out of this assembly fever now!...
Sorry to learn of your defection, but, thanks for your many contributions while you were among us....
Post 25 Jan 2008, 12:58

Yeah you said it right tom!
There are a plenty of jobs for Java programmers here!

I am waiting for my new PC. With my little salary I have to save for 3-4 months to buy a PC.
After that I will be on with Java and C++ Smile

There is no defection in quitting the use of assembly in situation where it hardly matters!
You guys keep up the good work of assembly coding.
If you write a real good OS in assembly. I promise I will use it.
If you write a real good library in assembly. I promise I will use it in my C++ programs.

But I am too lazy to try to do all that myself.
Post 25 Jan 2008, 13:08

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: