flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > DexOS subforum request

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I wonder if would be possible to add such subforum. DexOS is a OS written in fasm as MenuetOS, it is in active development and has some level of maturity already.

It is just a matter of "justice" with MenuetOS and to start discussing DexOS topics there instead of the DOS and Main subforums.

Just a thought.
Post 19 Sep 2007, 14:19

If I were Moderator I would have done it by now.
Post 19 Sep 2007, 14:28
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
0.1: i'd like to see that Smile moderators dont have rights to create subforum. only tomasz can.
Post 19 Sep 2007, 19:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Dex4u

Dex4u
I would also like it, as i find myself spaming other subforums with DexOS.
Post 19 Sep 2007, 19:21
Mac2004

Mac2004
Yeah..... DexOS is true Fasm project and deserves a subforum here.... Smile

regards,
Mac2004
Post 19 Sep 2007, 19:33
Picnic

Picnic
Yes, same here, i agree. DexOS deserves a subforum inside here and I think that very soon will be full of news, articles and stuff.
It's an OS made with Fasm. Wow.
Please do tomasz.
Post 19 Sep 2007, 20:22
roboman

roboman
It's also very different from MenuetOS. I don't know as it deserves a subforum here, since it isn't written by Tomasz, but I think it would be a nice addition and would be a nice sorta showcase for both programs.
Post 20 Sep 2007, 05:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

vid wrote:
0.1: i'd like to see that Smile moderators dont have rights to create subforum. only tomasz can.
Not even you vid Shocked

(\
 /\  

Post 20 Sep 2007, 06:07
tonyMac

tonyMac
I'd like to see it, for all the more often I'm on, I do find myself looking for somewhere to ask FASM questions as they relate to DexOS. Putting them under MenuetOS is just cluttering their subforum with (for them) useless posts.
Post 20 Sep 2007, 19:35
rugxulo

rugxulo
Yes, I agree, should be a separate subforum (if Tomasz agrees). At least, it'll probably get more posts than the DOS section! Shocked
Post 07 Oct 2007, 04:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mac2004

Mac2004
No comments from Tomasz yet???
Post 09 Oct 2007, 16:44
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Parhaps the silence by itself is his opinion Razz
Post 09 Oct 2007, 18:12
Dex4u

Dex4u
It's OK, i understand, he probably does not want lots of sub forum's on the forum.
Anyway thanks for everyones support and to LocoDelAssembly, for suggesting it Smile .
Post 09 Oct 2007, 18:52
rugxulo

rugxulo
I don't think Tomasz is necessarily saying no, he's been quite busy lately. Give him a few weeks. Wink
Post 13 Oct 2007, 21:23
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
DexOS was part of the reason I got interested with ASM! I think it would be a good addition.
Post 30 Oct 2007, 23:55
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i am afraid it would be (another) almost-empty subforum, unfortunatelly
Post 31 Oct 2007, 00:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
a sub forum about dex4u is needed, but i think it should be oriented on ALL fasm OSes.

a place were are allowed only the really good DIY OSes that are in a good pass of devellopment. a place just after OS construction subforum.
were to place only one tread for one OS

first thread would be DEX4U based
second thread based on MENUET OS
third thread based on an other OS ets ets...

the big problem is that everybody wants to post the most interrest-less thread just to show they exist ( no no, i don't speak about me Wink )

FOR EXEMPLE, YOU CAN CREATE THE NEW OS FORUM IN PLACE OF MENUET FORUM AND PLACE MENUET OS FORUM IN OS FORUM

the problem seems to be the creation of a new forum thats can contain forums. because of the simple BOARD/FORUM/THREAD structure of the site
it force to make a BOARD/FORUM/FORUM/THREAD structure
Post 16 Nov 2007, 13:28
edfed

edfed
only oses that work are permitted to be threaded in this forum of course!
it's to the moderator to kick off the OS threads based on os like mine!
and it's to the forumer to be intelligent and put their begins in OS CONSTRUCTION forum!
THE FASM BASED OS FORUM IS A GOOD IDEA NO? BUT ONLY FOR GOOD OSes! WE'LL then have a various OS CHOISE ( projection in the future when asm OSes will be really usefull and could all replace WINDOWZE, LINUXME,BSD,ETC ETC)
just imagine, a sub forum about alternative OSes! in few years it will be the center of the WEB!!!!

if one want to create a thread for his OS, first he show the work he done on OS CONSTRUCTION and then moderator permit him to create the forum about his os!
Post 16 Nov 2007, 13:37
Dex4u

Dex4u
I do not want a sub forum on this forum, the fact that Tomasz Grysztar could not even be bothered to answer, says what he thinks of DexOS.
Post 17 Nov 2007, 16:42
tom tobias

tom tobias
Dex4u wrote:
...the fact that Tomasz Grysztar could not even be bothered to answer, says what he thinks of DexOS. ...

I do not share your opinion. I believe that Tomasz DOES respect DexOS, (as do all of us, so far as I am aware), and I am sure that he is very proud of the fact that you and Tony and others have created this remarkable achievement using his assembler.
No. I guess Tomasz is just overwhelmed with academic affairs. It is not easy to be a graduate student, particularly in mathematics. If you recall, he did not entirely achieve the success he had hoped for, on his first attempt, consequently, he may be revising and reviewing material for a second attempt to pass the final examination. Dex, you yourself realize, better than many of us, how a genius in one field or endeavor, can be tongue tied, in another!!! Perhaps Tomasz had some difficulty expressing himself to the committe of scholars evaluating his mathematical research, and thus required several months of full time study to revise his presentation. Of course, it may well be that you are entirely correct, and I am in error, but if it makes you feel any better, I have been waiting for Tomasz to answer some of my questions FOR YEARS! Sometimes, we just have to be patient.....
I think I am correct. I hope I am right, for your worthy effort certainly deserves a subforum here. I know it has been already one month since rugxulo gave you the same advice, but, as one who has been there, believe me, it is not easy slogging through graduate school. It would not surprise me to learn that Tomasz has not even logged into the FASM forum for a month....Please wait at least until the new year, before giving up all hope. Meantime, try sending a private message to MazeGen, HyperVista, or vid, those three have the the best sense of Tomasz' current status. I will be astonished if Tomasz refuses your request, once he has some free time....In the interim, please feel comfortable using Operating System subforum as your temporary home.....Maybe vid could make a sticky for you, so that Dex4U could reside always at the top of the list of submissions.....
Smile
Post 17 Nov 2007, 18:27

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: