flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What do you use FASM in?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hckr83

hckr83
Wasn't sure where to put this, so here to be safe...

but what are you people using FASM in? Give a description, and what not...

I use FASM to build test binary files for my CPU Emulation library(x86Lib, check sig) so technically I make a sort of OS using FASM...

Post 20 Nov 2007, 02:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I use it for FASMLIB (general purpose library for assembler), and for small parts which need to be assembly in other projects.
Post 20 Nov 2007, 12:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
i use it to code my OS and the adjacent library.
after i'll use (f)asm in my own os to developp applications and make somes modifications in all the system, adding some functions, some structures and other stuff
Post 20 Nov 2007, 13:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
A little bit of everything, including making binaries that are not executable. Never big projects though, but I don't do any big project on HLLs neither Confused
Post 20 Nov 2007, 14:52
roboman

roboman
I got started with it to write control programs for the pc for projects that are to large for a PIC. Towards that goal I've only so far done a stepper motor test program http://home.comcast.net/~dexos/ and played around with a few things trying to learn asm IE a converting Eliza from Basic to asm and a few other things little things http://jas2o.forthworks.com/dexforum/index.php?topic=301.0
Post 20 Nov 2007, 15:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
I'm masmer so I use FASM only rarely, mainly for testing, because in some directions it is less limited than MASM.

What I would need is real 1:1 assembler (FASM uses a bit of abstraction) since I often need to write opcode tests and using hex is painful and slow way. Maybe some day I write some trivial one.
Post 20 Nov 2007, 15:54
hckr83

hckr83
real 1:1? I use FASM for just that purpose, and I haven't had any problems! if you need a different "form" of an opcode, you can usually just add a "word" or whatever prefix to it...lol
Post 20 Nov 2007, 18:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
hckr83: do you recall your inquiry about whether to produce 05 version of add or 83 version of add? That's type of "1:1" MazeGen was talking about.
Post 20 Nov 2007, 18:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Dex4u

Dex4u
I use fasm to write my OS's including "MiniDos" and "DexOS", i also code on my OS written with fasm, in a IDE coded with fasm, on a fasm port.
I also write app for window, linux, gp2x, GBA, DS in fasm (or FasmArm).
If i code it, then i use fasm.
Post 20 Nov 2007, 19:52
Picnic

Picnic
I'm learning assembly using Fasm, at this time simple dos programs, running scripts, collecting info, exploring forum, reading topics, every day a bit.
Post 20 Nov 2007, 22:20
crc

crc
I use FASM to assemble RetroForth. I've also written a set of macros that allows me to use FASM to assemble code for a small virtual machine I developed.
Post 25 Nov 2007, 00:23
AlexP

AlexP
thimis: That's what I'm doing with FASM too.. Except now i'm being pressured into making a full console-based window manager in 64-bit code. Grrrr
Post 25 Nov 2007, 17:33
xanatose

xanatose
I use fasm for routines to be called from C/C++. I prefer it to masm because I can reuse the routines in unix. By declaring an environment variable I control which type of object file I want. It works like a charm with GNU makefiles. (Which I also use, because its on all PC windows/unix).
Post 25 Nov 2007, 18:14

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: