flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > thinking wild, wat would happen if WWW III

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
use your imagination and think
here's mine

secret code/virus/malware spread through internet and makes almost all connected unpatched pc(intel/amd) processors burnt itself out.
Post 18 Nov 2007, 23:05
f0dder

f0dder
You can't just make computers burn out, sorry. And that wouldn't be enough anyway.

More likely it would be because of China, Russia, North Korea or Iran. (Or the US of A in relation to one or more of those cuntries).
Post 18 Nov 2007, 23:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
I think sleep sleep what thinking more about what events will take place IF the war was already started for whatever reason...

Unfortunately in his imagination he is right. Of course you can make all computers using standard CPU's connected to the internet burn out in flames... just activate a special code sequence ... somewhere in SMM mode Very Happy

I mean you do not imagine that IF Iran was fighting against US, US will fail to use this opportunity and turn off all Iran's Intel and AMD CPU's ... or even better... take control of some of them...

Unfortunately it will not work for a country using arrows and poisoned darts as weapons... or self exploding terrorists with a simple button... and maybe a tribe from Amazon's deep forest is immune to CPU technology when it comes to defense systems... maybe... all of the rest use computers so it is tempting to add such a secret mechanism:D

Joke mode off ...
Post 19 Nov 2007, 00:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
secret code/virus/malware spread through internet and makes almost all connected unpatched pc(intel/amd) processors burnt itself out.

As someone said: all hardware that can be destroyed by software deserves it.

As a most probable reason of war, i would see USA vs. China. China remained last communist country, and is doing extremely well, and i bet that must piss USA just as soviets did. On other side, if China gets to situation it will be powerful enough to "free some country from slavery of capitalism", i believe it won't hesitate, just like USA won't hesitate to "restore democracy and freedom" - usual communism/capitalism struggle scenario, same as in Vietnam, Korea, Greece, Spain, Cuba, Russia, Dominican Republic, etc ...

.. oh, and UN will announce official comment about it
Post 19 Nov 2007, 00:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Bogdan wrote:
...it will not work for a country using arrows and poisoned darts as weapons...

I am rather fond of Apocalypto, movie directed by Mel Gibson:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472043/
In the best scene, the big brute, about to crush our hero, a slightly built, wiry, short fellow, who has been beaten, speared, chased for twelve hours, threatened by a Jaguar, and shot in the chest with an arrow, uses his brains to thwart his opponent's massive muscle mass.
Ok, it is a little bit unrealistic, but, it is right on target for this thread.
bogdan wrote:
....I think sleep sleep what thinking more about what events will take place IF the war was already started for whatever reason...
But, what if WWIII HAS ALREADY STARTED, a few years ago? Think back in history, how about, for example, the war between Prussia and France in 1870. What was the cause: I think, maybe I am wrong, Didn't Bismarck propose sending an envoy to Spain, someone the French were sure to dislike, for some reason??? Didn't that lead then, to armed conflict, invasion, murder, bombing, mutilation, disease, etc? How many died in that conflict: hundreds of thousands? Maybe half a million? How many have died at the hands of USA fighting equally ephemeral opponents, for equally obscure reasons in Korea, VietNam and Iraq? Surely more than several million people have died in those three battlegrounds. Can anyone explain 140 years later, WHY Bismarck felt it necessary to invade France? Can anyone explain WHY VietNam (and Korea, cher fudder) were partitioned, (against their will,) and invaded, and brutalized? Is it not exactly the same as with Hapsburg Austria subjugating and murdering the Hungarian patriots, what 200 years ago?? Can anyone explain why Bush invaded Iraq? yeah, I know, he claims it is to help spread democracy, ho ho ho. Didn't the THIRD World War commence the day the Russians abrogated the Stalin-Hitler pact, and invaded Japan, to get a piece of the pie?
Post 19 Nov 2007, 00:54
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Quote:

How many have died at the hands of USA fighting equally ephemeral opponents, for equally obscure reasons in Korea, VietNam and Iraq?
Hmm. You don't know your history. Soviet backed North Korea invaded South Korea in 1950. Vietnam was split after World War II involving the French, not the US. Vietnam was split in 1954, I think. Guerillas came down from the North causing problems in the South. The French, who was in charge of all that after WWII and before, failed to defend it all and pulled out. Everything escalated and went all to heck. (The last part I'm a little hazy on and don't really care)

Remember that all the mideast stuff originally started when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Then bin Laden tripped the hair trigger with what he did. The current Iraq thing probably is all about oil but brought on more by the instability of the region in relation to oil than oil all by itself. iow, if oil was secure, none of this would have happened.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 03:42
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
No imagination required for some parts:

- people will die
- many more will suffer

First I ask myself what is worth dying for? My sense of liberty and freedom, or to protect family. Maybe we will come to realize we are all fighting for the same thing and stop the combat.

Hey, you said imagination - I can dream. Razz
Post 19 Nov 2007, 07:04
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Hmm. You don't know your history. Soviet backed North Korea invaded South Korea in 1950.

come on...
[quote=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_war]
In December 1945, the United States and the Soviet Union agreed to administer the country under the US-Soviet Joint Commission, as termed by the Moscow Conference of Foreign Ministers. It was agreed that Korea would govern independently after four years of international oversight. However, both the U.S. and the USSR approved Korean-led governments in their respective halves, each of which were favorable to the occupying power's political ideology. These arrangements were largely rejected by the majority of the Korean population, which responded with violent insurrections in the North and protests in the South.

In South Korea, an anti-trusteeship right wing group known as the Representative Democratic Council emerged with the support of the American forces, though ironically this group came to oppose these U.S. sponsored agreements. Because Koreans had suffered under Japanese colonization for 35 years, most Koreans opposed another period of foreign control. This opposition caused the U.S. to abandon the Soviet supported Moscow Accords. The Americans did not want a left-leaning government in South Korea and so changed their position and called for elections in Korea. Since the population of the South was double that of the North, the Soviets knew that Kim Il-sung would lose the election. Elections backed by the U.S. and the U.N. took place only in the South, where the Joint Commission was replaced by UNTCOK which oversaw the elections with minimal resources and knowledge of the Korean people.

The government that emerged was led by anti-communist U.S.-educated strongman Syngman Rhee, a Korean who had been imprisoned by the Japanese as a young man and later then fled to the United States. The South’s left-wing parties boycotted the elections in part to protest U.S. support for Rhee and its suppression of indigenous political movements. The Soviets, in turn, approved and furthered the rise of a communist government in the North. Bolstered by his history as an anti-Japanese fighter, his political skills, and his connections with the Soviet Union, Kim Il-sung rose to become leader of this new government and crushed any opposition to his rule. [/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_war

Quote:
Vietnam was split after World War II involving the French, not the US. Vietnam was split in 1954, I think. Guerillas came down from the North causing problems in the South. The French, who was in charge of all that after WWII and before, failed to defend it all and pulled out. Everything escalated and went all to heck. (The last part I'm a little hazy on and don't really care)

But the Vietnam war with US was well after all this. After French pulled out, UN conferenece decided country will be divided into two parts for several years, until next election which will reunite country, very much like Korea. North was controlled by Ho Chi Minh (who led revolution against French) and South was controlled by US through Ngo Dinh Diem. When the election time came, it was clear Ho Chi Minh would win, so Ngo/US/CIA very obviously faked elections, and unlawfully against UN declared himself a president. Ngo started to opress local communist who were escaping north, and CIA started successful propaganda campaign to get christians escape from north to south. After all this, north sent insurgents to south. US wanted into war so it faked being attacked, and so US vs. Vietnam war started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_war

Quote:
Remember that all the mideast stuff originally started when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Then bin Laden tripped the hair trigger with what he did. The current Iraq thing probably is all about oil but brought on more by the instability of the region in relation to oil than oil all by itself. iow, if oil was secure, none of this would have happened.

My bet would be, iraq is more about getting base in front of Iran, than about oil (of course it is about oil too). This guy puts some good evidence attack of iraq was planned by bush administrative in 2000, terrorist attacks or not: http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/fahrenheit_911_just_scratches_th.htm

History is never so simple to fit into few sentences. People would like it to be such, and tend to believe such interpretations, but there is always much more in the story.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 10:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Summarizing tom's inaccuracy, Dr. Fine wrote:
...You don't know your history. ...
I agree with you. I am quite ignorant of history, and many other things, including how to write a simple "hello world" program to execute in protected mode.
OOPS, guess I am not the only one who is oblivious, as Dr. Fine wrote:
...Soviet backed North Korea invaded South Korea in 1950. ...
It is very important for FASM forumers to understand this point: At the conclusion of WWII, the world was divided up by Churchill, Roosevelt (then Truman) and Stalin. The divisions of Germany, Korea and VietNam were completely UNRELATED to any parameter of those respective countries history, geography, culture, or language, and instead reflected the power (vacuum) created by defeat of the (occupying) German and Japanese armies. Japan, of course, overran the entire Korean peninsula in the 1890's, in retaliation one supposes, for one thousand years of conflict between the two countries. The division of Korea had NOTHING to do with Korea, and everything to do with Russia versus USA. The whole of Korea should have come under the control of Russia, which supported the Korean Communist Party, the ONLY organized opposition to Japan's occupation for HALF A CENTURY, hence, USA's ally, of sorts, in the conflict against the Japanese.
Holy Cow!!! misrepresenting the truth, badly, Dr. Fine wrote:
Vietnam was split after World War II involving the French, not the US. Vietnam was split in 1954, I think.
Fella, I may be, no, rewrite that, I AM bloody ignorant, but, even as stupid as I am, I recognize how deficient your summary of this horrible conflict is. VietNam was invaded for thousands of years by the Chinese, and in turn, the VietNamese invaded and destroyed, several hundred years ago, the Cham culture in what we call "SouthVietNam". It has been a land of conflict for millenia. I am not denying that. However, it was attacked and taken over by the French colonialists, in their effort to ("keep up with the Joneses") counter the British invasions of China and India, in the 18th century. French power was absolute, throughout VietNam, until the Viet Minh's predecessors in the late 19th century commenced guerrilla warfare against them. By the end of the first world war, Ho Chi Minh had already written a constitution, (based, in part, I am sorry to acknowledge, on mega slave owner Thomas Jefferson's infamously hypocritical "Declaration of Independence"), and with the defeat of the Japanese in WWII, the Viet Minh, having been loyal allies of the British/French/USA/Russian gang, and having fought the Japanese invaders of VietNam throughout the entire occupation from 1937 to 1945, expected to receive INDEPENDENCE from the French. But, NO. The USA BLOCKED the Viet Minh, and denied their legitimate rights to govern themselves. Reason: USA's obsession with fear of Russian world wide hegemony!!! So, the northern half of VietNam was given to Russia, to accept the surrender of the Japanese, and the southern half to France (although the Vichy government was an ally of the Japanese, but,....anyway...). The Viet Minh resisted, of course, and conquered the formerly mighty French army at a HUGE military conflict at Dien Bien Phu in 1953-1954, whereupon the USA TOOK OVER FROM THE defeated FRENCH. Rather than accept the defacto government of the Viet Minh, the USA REPUDIATED the United Nations mandated free elections in 1956, instead installing a military dictator in the southern half of the country. If the elections had been permitted, Ho Chi Minh would have won by a landslide, so the USA prohibited the elections--why is that not surprising? As for the NONSENSE, that "North" VietNam "invaded" "South" VietNam, may I humbly suggest that you address the question of whether the East Berliners were "invading" West Berlin during the latter fifty years of the 20th century? Of course not. These absurd delineations in Korea, VietNam, and Germany were POLITICAL boundaries, drawn by greedy westerners who sought through military means the imposition of their own nonsensical culture on the oppressed peoples of all three countries.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 10:56
edfed

edfed
or simply, bacteries that come from radiactive dust take the control of a mobile phone and makes a copy of itself in an operator server, tripping into all network connections and finally makes some modificatoins on the CBSnews and all the media saying that the WWIII comes because a someone declare the war, then , USA goes ahead like a super hero and an actor save the world, or bill gates and finally ...
Post 19 Nov 2007, 13:47
edfed

edfed
WWIII is possible
we have industry, but bombs can easily destroy everything and then starve the population
after the war, the humanity reconstruct everything, there is a lot of work and money, so people fuck and fuck, making children and then there is less money, everrybody is angry and the WWIV appears

VIVA CORSICA
Post 19 Nov 2007, 13:51
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Quote:

After all this, north sent insurgents to south. US wanted into war so it faked being attacked, and so US vs. Vietnam war started.

I don't know how insurgents can move into the south but the US fakes it. Doesn't make sense.
From your link about the Korean War:
Quote:
Under the guise of a counter-attack, the North Korean Army struck in the pre-dawn hours of Sunday, June 25, 1950, crossing the 38th parallel behind a firestorm of artillery.

Quote:
I recognize how deficient your summary of this horrible conflict is.
Quote:
So, the northern half of VietNam was given to Russia, to accept the surrender of the Japanese, and the southern half to France
That is what I said.
Quote:
USA's obsession with fear of Russian world wide hegemony!!!
The fact that it was true is important.
Quote:
These absurd delineations in Korea, VietNam, and Germany were POLITICAL boundaries, drawn by greedy westerners who sought through military means the imposition of their own nonsensical culture on the oppressed peoples of all three countries.
It's funny how you say western countries oppressed these people when it was the Soviets and the countries they backed that were spreading out. The Soviets moved into Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and so on. The spread of communism by force. You forget all that.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 15:13
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
I don't know how insurgents can move into the south but the US fakes it. Doesn't make sense.

This is about Vietnam war. North Vietnam sent insurgents to South Korea. That has nothing to do with USA, and it doesn't give USA any legal excuse for sending it's troops to sovreign South Korea. So USA faked being attacked, and used that as excuse to send it's troops to South Korea, to fight North Korean insurgents.

now to Korea: Yes, it is true that "Soviet backed North Korea invaded US-backed South Korea", but you need to recognize events that lead to this attack, like not accepting UN resolutions, US-backed uprising against official president of country, etc. This is the prefering of simplified history that i was talking about.

Quote:
It's funny how you say western countries oppressed these people when it was the Soviets and the countries they backed that were spreading out.

That is not true. In most cases it was civil war in country, often provocated by USA, Soviets sent weapons to help one side, and US sent weapons and troops to help other side, both hoping to get country under their influence. In both Vietnam and Korea, elections were planned by UN, which should solve conflict peacefully, and in both cases it was USA side which didn't want fair elections and provocated war.

Quote:
The Soviets moved into Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and so on. The spread of communism by force. You forget all that.

Soviets freed Hungary and Czechoslovakia from Nazi Germany, allying with local uprisings. In Czechoslovakia, after freeing, soviets allowed pro-western anti-communist exile government to take power instead of keeping local communist uprising forces. Would USA do this? Then, after 3 years in 1948, Communist party won democratic election and took power.

It's not that we forget, but YOU don't know history besides your propaganda - take some time and study real history, study background of conflicts.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 16:19
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Nuclear bombs are not too precise, so those who believe they are strategically superior will bio-engineer a plague. Select groups of people will be inoculated prior to outbreak. It will be a kind of punctuated genocide until most the enemy has been killed and cleaned up in waves of terror.

Definitely have to inoculate the religious extreme. As they will believe they were somehow divinely selected it will further their faith and subservience to the dominate hierarchy. Gradually, all that will remain is a vertical mono-culture to prune the massive enslaved labor force.

Lots of questions though:

Where will the ruling class live?

How will the labor force be contained?

Cold war fear mongering seems to have long-term profitability: why bother with a world class war?

Obvious answers if we were already well established in space, but space vehicles are fragile and living in space requires too much support from earth at this time. Some people are playing into the end game, but isn’t it a self-manifesting delusion in some ways?
Post 19 Nov 2007, 16:44
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Cold war fear mongering seems to have long-term profitability: why bother with a world class war?

Not really, i think US expenses to counter Soviets were more than considerable. But i bet they were worth of effort, and these "investors" got all back quickly after eastern europe opened markets. Just look at history of national debts of eastern european countries after 90s, and count those money.

And don't forget how profitable was WW2 for USA, because it managed to keep out of war on it's ground.

I really hope people are becoming smarter, and there will be less violence and more prevention, but i doubt it Sad

Last edited by vid on 19 Nov 2007, 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 19 Nov 2007, 16:58
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
vid wrote:
I really hope people are becoming smarter, and there will be less violence and more prevention, but i doubt it Sad
Steven Pinker: A brief history of violence

We really are getting less violent - species-on-species type violence. Only a couple years ago I didn't feel this was true, but now agree with Pinker's talk. Mainly, this was due to my personal exposure to violence.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 20:51
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Quote:

Soviets freed Hungary and Czechoslovakia from Nazi Germany, allying with local uprisings. In Czechoslovakia, after freeing, soviets allowed pro-western anti-communist exile government to take power instead of keeping local communist uprising forces.

Hmm. My grandparents felt so free they "escaped" from Hungary. I'm sure Bogdan will tell us how the Soviets "freed" Romania. These elections you speak of, I'm sure none were "fixed" were they?
Quote:
Would USA do this?
They did in Iraq. They let Japan run their own eventually.

Do you honestly think a communist invader would let a democracy win?

Quote:
And don't forget how profitable was WW2 for USA, because it managed to keep out of war on it's ground.
Of course the fact that it started over there between European countries had nothing to do with it. (Let's not forget Pearl Harbor) You think getting into a war is a profit making adventure?! Pffft. Next thing I'll hear is Hitler was a US pawn.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in these things after a drawn out battle over on the masm board.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 21:02
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
About Pearl Harbor, I heared that the USA president of that time knew that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor but he did nothing on purpose to get an excuse to enter in the war. Someone know if that is true?
Post 19 Nov 2007, 21:37
edfed

edfed
vid wrote:
i relly hope people are things and others

bitrake wrote:
we really are getting things and others

edfed write:
i see everyday the violence and things and others

government says:
yeah, war is just a regulation of things and others

god makes the world as is
he's not responsible of disfunctions and others

somalian is not responsible of his misery
frensh is not responsible of the war

all that I can say, is that the world is like this
using intelligent violence against idiot violence is not bad
intelligent violence is the action of somebody that is able to kill with brain and destroy with fist a guy who don't understand anything else than fists in the face. making the idiot one felling very little and fucked. for govenments, leaders and chiefs, they just need to lose their power and let us live as we want, naturally respecting everybody, to never show or feel jealousy, to be ready to help anybody without any profits objective. and be more tolerant.

in fact, in 2007, humanity is the same than in 1930, 1500, 750, 10, -70, ...
just before a crisis
the originality of 2007 is that we have a mondial (occidental) communication network. with this, we can reverse the governments. internet ( not machines) becoming the support of the "democracy".

by evidence, the man who control the network then control the world.
the goal of this century is to make banal the use of internet and computers.

security, hackers and viruses are the big, very big problem.

speaking about viruses, i don't understand the benefits of broadcasting this sort of programs.
coding, it's ok, it is knowledge and helps to understand deeply the Artificial-Intelligence and Real-Intelligence.
but broadcasting viruses is bad. really bad. it doesn't helps anybody.
at least, if they make good viruses that makes good modifications, it's ok.
something like a pirat upgrade, replace an operating system without loss of datas, any identified coder can easilly broadcast and make automatic upgrades of his OS version on the net and transparentlly execute on client machines.
here the danger is in the hands of the big coder that can easilly control the population
this big coder needs to be a multicountry group representing the more diverses opinions, with "selected" anonymous moderators.
need people to read all messenges. to structure a big forum.
by town, grouping towns in countries, counties in world.

what is exactlly the job of politics?
thinking about all possibilities and extract the best solution with their own brains and perceptions, defending their ideas ( good or bad).
computing all possibilities is easy.
chosing the best is an other.
that's why all laws need the opinion of everybody before real application.

iranians, irakians, americans, germans, japaneses, chineses, all human. all coming from an uterus.

power is in our hands. now.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 21:47
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Hmm. My grandparents felt so free they "escaped" from Hungary. I'm sure Bogdan will tell us how the Soviets "freed" Romania. These elections you speak of, I'm sure none were "fixed" were they?

Sure, many people escaped, and there was oppression during Stalinist era. I am not saying it didn't happen, it did happen and really sucked. But saying other side wasn't just as bad is a propagandist lie of current rulers. Other side was just as bad, less in some areas more in others, overally the same.

Quote:
They did in Iraq

They let anti-US anti-capitalist governmont lead the country?

Quote:
They let Japan run their own eventually.

Again, they let anti-US anti-capitalism (communist) governmont lead the country?

Quote:
Do you honestly think a communist invader would let a democracy win?

Again, in 1945 russians were those who freed us from nazism, whatever way you look at it. Would you say US and England invaded France nation during D-day? Later, they gained strength mostly by political and background-political means, just like USA did in so many cases. Russia didn't force Czechoslovakia to communism by weapons, if that is what you was told. About 3000 people (of several millions, not sure how many) fell to persecution after takeover.

Yes, sure there dirty practices, but these were equal on both sides.

Quote:
Of course the fact that it started over there between European countries had nothing to do with it. (Let's not forget Pearl Harbor) You think getting into a war is a profit making adventure?! Pffft.

For companies which were contracted (by taxpayer dollars) to provide for military, it surely WAS profiting. Especially when they were selling to both sides of conflict, like general motors, IBM or Coca Cola, to name just a few. Do you think bombarded allied countries (besides England maybe) had their own weapons? Or do you think USA gave them weapons for free? General motors was even refunded from taxpayer dollars after WW2, for US bombarding factories which were producing german vehlices that killed allied soldiers. Isn't that sick???

Sure, for normal US people WW2 wasn't profiting.

Quote:
Next thing I'll hear is Hitler was a US pawn.

No, he wasn't. But on other side, initially (first half of 30s), he was supported by western countries as a good force against communism. There were many of his supporters in US those times - why not? Germany was turned into traditionalist corporatist christian anticommunist fast developing society, in time when entire world was recovering from economic crisis. Hitler himself said that without logistic provided to him by General Motors, he could never start the war, and without IBM machines he could never make persecute Jews so effectively.
Post 19 Nov 2007, 21:52

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: