flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > SVKP protection demos

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Hi, little ad follows Wink

We have recently launched portal www.gatetogames.com which demonstrates online distribution via SVKP Online - that is online distribution system. Don't mind the buzztalk on sites, i tried my best to get rid of them, but it is not within my powers. Versions of text which i wrote WERE readable, but they got butchered to enterprisey leveraging management solution crap Crying or Very sad

So if you want to see some example executable protected with SVKP (few people asked for this), go to GateToGames site and grab some executable. Preferably something newer, recently we implemented new API hiding/emulation technology, and I doubt someone cared to reprotect older executables. I am not sure if it is even used in some of them, i hope so.
Note that these executables doesn't show full potential of SVKP. These doesn't have any extra features which require source-code modification (like encrypted blocks or alive checks). Everyone is too busy to prepare some fully-equipped demo, mainly because we keep adding new stuff.

First one to crack it gets a beer (and maybe a job too) Laughing
Post 18 Nov 2007, 16:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
As you might of realized by now... it is my job to crack them Very Happy as a "white hat" for very clear and sane resons (AV technology) (not only or especially this but many other protectors, packers, encryptors, obfuscators, hello MazeGen,etc)

Unfortunately I can not tell you how I do it... NDA /contracts/etc.

But who knows maybe one day ...after i retire... although the contracts that I have signed state that i might never ever be able to do such.

No i do not want a job today... but one can never know in the future.

Last edited by bogdanontanu on 18 Nov 2007, 17:45; edited 1 time in total
Post 18 Nov 2007, 17:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
okay, have fun hackin' it around Wink
Post 18 Nov 2007, 17:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
I do... thank you for creating them in the first place Wink
And thank you to others that make such nice stuff.
Post 18 Nov 2007, 17:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid wrote:
...We have recently launched ...
You and MazeGen?
vid wrote:
...First one to crack it gets a beer (and maybe a job too)...

Wow. I didn't see any chess. The big market of course, is with CHINESE chess, or the even more complex WeiQi, which uses only black and white stones (called GO in Japanese). Chinese Chess is kind of fun, because the rules are a tad different from western chess: for one thing, the opposing Kings may NEVER face each other, absent another piece interposed. For another, pieces once "killed" can, under certain circumstances, COME BACK TO LIFE, in the opponents uniform!! I realize that the emphasis of your company is on protecting software from piracy, not elaborating games per se, but I thought I would offer an opinion that it is more important, to achieve commercial success, for you to commence interaction with CHINA, because in ten years (maybe a lot less!), they will be the dominant economic power in the world. Nimen dou yingai hui shuo PuTongHua!!! In other words, they are going to be your customers, not the English speaking world, which is rapidly self destructing!!!! Since the Chinese have a LOT of experience with the opposite task, i.e. decoding, "cracking", "hacking", disassembly, then, your product should be very interesting to many companies there. You may find that it will be useful to employ someone to do some marketing in Asia.....Just a suggestion from an old beer drinker....
Smile
Post 19 Nov 2007, 00:30
MazeGen

MazeGen
bogdanontanu wrote:
it is my job to crack them Very Happy as a "white hat" for very clear and sane resons (AV technology)

This means you work for an AV company? Could you say more?
Post 19 Nov 2007, 10:33
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
tom tobias wrote:
vid wrote:
...We have recently launched ...
You and MazeGen?

nope. We = our company, including me and mazegen. Main guy is Pavol Červeň, googlable
Post 19 Nov 2007, 10:42
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid wrote:
We = our company, including me and mazegen.
WOW, congratulations. Terrific. Hope you meet with great success.
Smile
Post 19 Nov 2007, 11:04

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: