flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > K.I.S.S principle (*in term of programming)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
wow, just in time debugger doing spellchecking on comments? Cool

I think "IDE", or more precisely "editor" would be better... :]
Post 27 Sep 2007, 23:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Well, they still need to keep an IDE simple. I dont' care if i spelled a comment wrong, maybe i like people mispelling in their comments. It shows how much smarter i am than joe shmoe across the isle from me.
Post 28 Sep 2007, 01:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
As for simple editor, there still is my favourite Notepad.
Post 28 Sep 2007, 01:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Agreed. This java IDE also like to throw in closing brackets automatically, making me always end up with extra ending quotes and brackets. Big issue... Funnier yet, i can't run my java programs outputted by that compile either. XD They only run in the IDE's little debugger thingy.
Post 28 Sep 2007, 01:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Kohlrak: I am pretty sure you can customize the IDE, if they force you to use it. If they don't, well, don't use it. Learn how to compile from command line, it is MUCH better way.
Post 28 Sep 2007, 09:28
madmatt

madmatt
vid wrote:
can you be precise? which OOP things in C++ are more "spaghetti" than in C#? Name those C++ language constructs, which cause more spaghetti code code than according C# language constructs.

Sorry for the delayed response. For one, the data types are clearly defined, no legacy BS. Two, no include hell. Three, Defining classes and structures are more straight forward and easier. Four, Windows programming is more straight forward as well, after you get accustomed to how forms work in C-Sharp. I haven't been working with C-sharp that long so I'm sure there are more reasons, just can't think of any more right now.
Post 03 Oct 2007, 23:32

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: